Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I overreacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so its cold, its snowy and dirty and my car isn't the best.

We have a heated two car garage. His car sits in there. On the other side is a credenza that he took home when his work moved buildings. He has absoutly no use for it. There is no where to put it in the house, he would never use the damn thing, he already has a desk and everything. But hey, free credenza, why not take it.

So my car sits out in the driveway. We live close to a busy road so no matter what, my car gets absoutly filthy within days. Now the cold weather has come and I have to deal with that. The dirty snow and the constant salting thats going to rust my car. Fine. My wipers ice over and when you just try to clean them they break. No matter how warm my car is the wiper fluid hoses are frozen and nothing sprays out so I can never see a damn thing.
I was mad enough in the summer with the fact that my car no mattter what could not stay clean. Now I'm just so angry.

I know alot of people park outside, I've had to also. The thing that makes me mad about all these little things is that I don't have to. I shouldn't have to. There is a damn garage to park in. But apperantly an inamate object with no use, no purpose is more deserving of the space.

Comments

• Options
    Try answering that yourself - probably better than asking us.

To answer you question, you have reasons to be angry, as I would be too.
  • Options
    Don't mean to be ignorant, but what exactly is a credenza. Is it something that say a heavy object such as an axe or hammer could accidently fall onto smashing it into smithereens for example
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    a heavy object such as an axe or hammer could accidently fall onto smashing it into smithereens for example

:lol:
  • Options
    I have. I ask all the time. I tell him I'll even move the whole garage around to find a place to put the damn thing to make room. He says no. He complains that he'll have to get a garage door opener, that I won't remember to close it. He says "oh i'm sorry" but only gets mad when I make suggestions to change it. I've asked and suggested and even whined, but the answer is never different. I thought, maybe I am just asking too much, after all, he used to make me get up early and leave at the same time as him for work in the mornings (even though it was an hour early for me) because he wouldn't give me a house key even. I just needed to vent really. When I tell my friend, she tells her husband who is cousins with him and eventually it gets back. Maybe I'm expecting to much.
  • Options
    I don't think you're expecting too much. Compromise is very important, in your case I feel that you are (at the very least) being deeply inconvenienced by something that could be easily remedied if they just gave way just a bit. Go and kick some ass,or failing that, credenza.
  • Options
    It's not unreasonable to put the car in the garage during the winter. I've no idea what the thing is that you have in there right now, but if it's not being used you should sell it. That can pay for his garage door opener, though he really should have a bit more faith in you than that you'd just drive off without closing it.
  • Options
    Sorry, a credenza is a desk with an open hutch with cabinets on the top. Its not even a nice one, just a cheap metal that looks like wood one that a small company would give you for your office.
  • Options
    Sell it without him knowing :yes:.
  • Options
    How controlling :eek2:
  • Options
    my_name, your boyfriend is an ARSEHOLE.
  • Options
    I have a few minute walk to get to my car from the front door as there's always cars parked in our road, If it's freezing I usually have to add 10 minutes to my journey time to cover the defrosting and just generally letting the engine warm up so that the fans blow warm and get rid of the steam windscreen. My car is dented and rusty and people shout banger at me when I pull up at red lights.

So quit whining :(

Edited to add: But yes, he is being unreasonable. I would've made him put HIS car on the front.
  • Options
    my_name, your boyfriend is an ARSEHOLE.
    Seconded. Let him read this thread!
  • Options
    Hes good really, better than i've ever had or deserve. I'm just a needy complainer, thats all. Sorry.
  • Options
    How wank
  • Options
    no hes not good. hes an arsehole. You just havent recognised it yet.
    You DO deserve better.
  • Options
    no hes not good. hes an arsehole. You just havent recognised it yet.
    You DO deserve better.

Amen.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, this is just my little ranting place. The place where I can bitch, because everything gets back to him when I tell my friend. Everybody has things they dont' like about their others, this and the other times i've complained is just one of those. I just do it more openly on here and sorry for that :p He may seem bad because thats all I say on here. I don't talk about the good times because I don't need to share and gloat and be a bore. But there are alot, all the time, every day.
    This was just caused, I had just gotten to work and had a shitty drive in my crappy car that started out with the damn locks being frozen. I'm spazzy like that.
    I guess I can't stop you from thinking, but I swear. He has changed my life for the better. I have money, a nice house, a real job and for once in such a long long time I am happy. I know I wont' be able to convince you, but I just thought I had to say because I don't want, even people I dont know halfway around the world, to think hes a bad guy.
  • Options
    I know that the chappy has been good for you Manda, though I still think he should let you put your poor car in the garage. Or at least build you a car port ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Ok, so its cold, its snowy and dirty and my car isn't the best.

We have a heated two car garage. His car sits in there. On the other side is a credenza that he took home when his work moved buildings. He has absoutly no use for it. There is no where to put it in the house, he would never use the damn thing, he already has a desk and everything. But hey, free credenza, why not take it.

So my car sits out in the driveway. We live close to a busy road so no matter what, my car gets absoutly filthy within days. Now the cold weather has come and I have to deal with that. The dirty snow and the constant salting thats going to rust my car. Fine. My wipers ice over and when you just try to clean them they break. No matter how warm my car is the wiper fluid hoses are frozen and nothing sprays out so I can never see a damn thing.
    I was mad enough in the summer with the fact that my car no mattter what could not stay clean. Now I'm just so angry.

I know alot of people park outside, I've had to also. The thing that makes me mad about all these little things is that I don't have to. I shouldn't have to. There is a damn garage to park in. But apperantly an inamate object with no use, no purpose is more deserving of the space.

How about saying, "move that crezena from the garage so my car doesn't freeze up?" :confused:

That's surely the first port of call? :confused:
  • Options
    Can you not take it in turns?

Edited to add: you did say there were two garages didn't you?