Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ebay scam #87,219

The detail is always in the small print.

Clicky.
Clicky.

Evil fuckers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thats just fucking nasty...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wot are we meant to be reading?
    The small print.

Look what was bought.
    Can someone explain to me what's wrong with it as I'm pretty gulliable and know nothing about games consoles.
    Nasty, yes, but pretty damn stupid of the people who bought them too.
    im feeling slow+can only see an xbox 360 (ive never used ebay, so im not sure where to look)
    The description
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Can someone explain to me what's wrong with it as I'm pretty gulliable and know nothing about games consoles.

You don't need to if you just read what it says.
    Nasty, yes, but pretty damn stupid of the people who bought them too.

I don't think it is that stupid.

If I didn't know what I was looking for I wouldn't have noticed it.
    ahh, read it fully now! clever i spose, but not at all funny!
    It's definitely not funny when you realise some poor schmuck has been robbed of the best part of £500.
    Ah... so I have a choice between buying the hotmail addresses or the pictures of an x-box.

But if you were really going to bid surely you'd read the smal print all the way to the end (unlike me)? And don't e-bay protect you against things like this?
    Randomgirl wrote:
    And don't e-bay protect you against things like this?

I doubt it, as it does actually tell you in the description what they are actually selling.
    Kermit wrote:
    It's definitely not funny when you realise some poor schmuck has been robbed of the best part of £500.

But if you are parting with so much cash you READ the description surely.
    Tweety wrote:
    But if you are parting with so much cash you READ the description surely.

Apparently, those who bought it didn't.
    I doubt it, as it does actually tell you in the description what they are actually selling.
    No but the listing itself is misleading as it is listed under x-box gaming console and the actual title of the item is x-box premium package. I'm sure e-bay protect against this type of thing.
    eBay say they do; they don't refund money though, so what's done is done.

Should always read the small print.

The fraudsters should be named, shamed, branded and then have their limbs and genitals carefully lopped off with a flymo.
    Kermit wrote:

The fraudsters should be named, shamed, branded and then have their limbs and genitals carefully lopped off with a flymo.
    Someone I know bought a fake designer handbag and got a full refund from e-bay.
    Kermit wrote:

Thats just unbelieveable, they should not get away with that.
    This is pretty similar to the older one where someone was selling a PS2 box. It's all in the auction just worded so that people do not realise what they are getting.

So yeah just take care folks. If it seems too good to be true...
    That is very mean.

But tbh, the people who bidded on it shouldn't be so damn stupid. I always read the small print on things..they should too. They should be more careful with their money.
    Surely if you're spending that sort of money you'd read everything. I saw about a week ago some guy was selling Xbox email addresses similar to this. If you went through his feedback there were 3 or 4 past auctions the same and one even left feedback something like "OMG Help!!!! Someone said I've bought an email addy!!!"

I managed to read it through and see what the auction was for... and I wasn't as careful as I would be if I was spending £400

:rolleyes:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That is very mean.

But tbh, the people who bidded on it shouldn't be so damn stupid. I always read the small print on things..they should too. They should be more careful with their money.

True. But it still isn't really the "right" thing to do.
    Neither of the sellers are registered with ebay anymore...wonder why?! :yippe:
    It's just annoying where sellers like this take full advantage of the fact that people don't read through the 'fine print' properly. So when people, desperate for something such as an x-box 360, bid as much as they can and realise their mistake, it's too late.

What defence can the seller have apart from 'the seller didn't read the auction properly? What kind of mind would the seller have to start the auction with that sort of intention in the first place?
    Can buy and sell anything on eBay. If folk choose to part with half a grand and not read the description properly, more fool them.

I've never had a problem with eBay. People will try and rip you off wherever you are - buyer beware and all that.
    yea, it is really his own fault for not reading the description properly

yea, it isnt right, but that doesnt make a difference when it comes down to it as he still lost his money!
    That is really fucking evil ...

some parents might be rlly trying to find one hard for their kids for christmas or something and some sad wanker on there is ripping them off...

It is made harder if u arent entirely sure about the consoles either, would probs be taken in by all the statistic crap they give and go for it :no:
    An old trick, know a few people who did similar stuff and sent people boxes. Quite funny really.

Designer clothing is definitely a no-no from ebay, although i wouldnt buy anything off there unless it was something peculiar. Browsing through the armani and stone island sections and checking the bids on items where labels have been switched onto stuff out of primark is hilarious.