Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drug crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    So you rubbish my ideas and point out my flaws yet when I did the smae to you you couldn't get it??

tsk tsk.

They won't starve. Jeez. Its not one or the other. Other countries cope, they can cope. Oh and heroin use is on the rise in the middle east and they have levels of addicts near our own so its not them suffering for our problem, its theirs as well.

I'm not 'rubbishing' your idea's I'm just pointing out that they have been tried by virtually every government in the Western World for the past 30 years with NO success.

Have you read that report I suggested yet? It is worth the effort.
  • Options
    post it again, I can't find the link on this thread. I think I have though.
  • Options
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Guardian/documents/2005/07/05/Report.pdf

It was written by the government policy review group, based on evidence from other departments. It is a vital read if you are to understand the drug war in the UK, and other countries.
  • Options
    Indeed. Interesting.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Indeed. Interesting.

Especially the bits where it says trying to stop supply wont work, increasing busts wont work, harsher laws wont work...
  • Options
    yeah I don't entirely agree with that. T hey miss the point that the supply got through. If you cut of the supply completely, then it would help.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah I don't entirely agree with that. T hey miss the point that the supply got through. If you cut of the supply completely, then it would help.

I'm not sure why you arent listening, you can not cut off the supply, it can not be done!
  • Options
    It can!!

it just can't be done over night. It takes time, pateince, skill, money.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Walkindude wrote:
    It can!!

The last few decades have shown that it can't.

Bong I don't know why your bothering with this numpty.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    It can!!

So there's you and the Taliban saying it can be done vs. the government policy unit and all known logic suggesting it cant be done.

Perhaps you could give me an example of a country which stopped producing drugs by the methods you want used?
  • Options
    uughh come on bong ur smarter then this.

It isn't the taliban saying this and you really have taken what I said out of context and its not just me that wants to combat drug crime. Every law enforcment and government in the westeren world, plus a few in the east wants to do it aswell!!

If your saying drugs can never be stopped ever then everything you say is pointless coz it would be a waste of time, by your logic.
  • Options
    drugs ...one of the BIGGEST industries on the planet ...apparently second only to weapons.
    how many governments actualy want that cash turnover to stop i wonder?

lets see ...england has historicaly had control of the opium supply through its huge empire ...and even aquired honk kong by shipping thousands of tons of opium from india and pakistan to the coastal regions of china ...all against the wishes and the efforts of the chinese govt ...cuasing an epidemic of addiction which england then used to its advantage ...you'll know all this of course through your historical studies.

the one and only ...the first ever ...sucsess in the so called war on drugs ...THE TALIBAN!
    almost no opium being produced for the first time in centuries.

along come the english and americans and get rid of the taliban.
    america then dish out to the warlords of each city ...each region ...millions of dollars in cash and gold and weapons ...to the guys who control the opium production ....and viola ...opium production is back up.
    not just up but being produced at record levels with american dollars and american forces.
    the millions of dollars dished out is dished out directly to those who control the centuries old harvest of opium.
    a harvest that has always been traded with few problems for the producing countries.
    cos WE ///have problems ...they should grow beans instead?

obviously not ...the american direct investment in the opium warlords says so.

walker ...it's fine to be anti drugs ...it's commendable to want to stop people using.
    it is fucking ignorant and dishonest to type the shite you keep typing.
    it is also dishonest and dumb ...to keep ignoring reality.

what is your answer to the global drugs problem ...what ideas do you put forward that haven't already been tried?
  • Options
    walker...it's fine to be anti drugs ...it's commendable to want to stop people using.

:yes:

I just think it's annoying the dumb fucker keeps trying to debate an issue he has no fucking idea about except for a personal opinion.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I read that ink Blagsta put up, did you miss out the long term health conditions developed by continous heroin use?

Errrmmm...what? I think you need to read the link again. Properly this time.
    Heroin is relatively non-toxic:
    Heroin itself is relatively non-toxic (it doesn't destroy skin tissue or other cells in the body as does alcohol and tobacco). Most of the health problems that stem from heroin use are life-style related or linked to the route of administration (injecting drug use for example - through sharing needles or improper use - often leads to various blood-borne diseases or viruses such as HIV or Hepatitis B/C and/or abscess or collapsed veins).

Heroin itself cannot give you spots, make you thin etc. as suggested by previous 'educational' campaigns. Those with the resources to buy their heroin without it impacting on money for food or personal welfare and who are careful about how they administer the drug, can live a generally healthy lifestyle.

Although overdose, (fatal and otherwise) can result from heroin use, it is rare that this is solely the result of heroin use alone.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/DS%20Media%20Project/media_heroin.htm#toxic
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    "With regular use tolerance develops so that more is needed to get the same effect. Physical dependence can also result from regular use. Withdrawal after regular use can produce unpleasant flu like symptoms and may include aches, tremor, sweating and chills and muscular spasms. These fade after 7- 10 days but feelings of weakness and feeling ill may last longer. Whilst many people do successfully give up long term heroin use, coming off and staying off heroin can be very difficult.

"You can get addicted pretty quickly and start feeling you have to have it all the time. It's cut with all sorts of ubbish but you don't really care. The only goal in life became getting more. It kind of took all my feelings away".

Fatal overdoses can happen, especially when users take their initial dose after a break during which tolerance has faded, or when opiate use is combined with use of other depressant drugs such as an alcohol, tranquillisers or other opiates.Many regular heroin users will use other opiates or depressant drugs when they cannot get hold of heroin"

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\heroin_opiates.html

Does that sound great to you? Does that sound safe? And what does the guy who used it say? Oh yes, you can get addicted quickly which completely nullfiy's certain peoples arguments made a bit back on this thread about its addictive qualities.

do you ever read what you post?
  • Options
    blagsta ...your a know nothing ignorant cunt ...you think cos your a proffesional drugs worker ...people will actualy listen to you!
    self ...cos you've had experience of heroin and survived and thrived ...your a cunt as well who is talking utter bollox!
    bong ...just cos you have the backing of the mods in your signature and can give excellent links ...means your an even bigger fucking idiot!

all those chief constables and mp's looking at ways to legalise it ...pffft ...what do they know?

as for those countries that have had some sucsess by trying different approaches ...proves nowt.

is there a perfect solution ...well none of us have offered one have we?
  • Options
    drugs ...one of the BIGGEST industries on the planet ...apparently second only to weapons.
    how many governments actualy want that cash turnover to stop i wonder?

lets see ...england has historicaly had control of the opium supply through its huge empire ...and even aquired honk kong by shipping thousands of tons of opium from india and pakistan to the coastal regions of china ...all against the wishes and the efforts of the chinese govt ...cuasing an epidemic of addiction which england then used to its advantage ...you'll know all this of course through your historical studies.

the one and only ...the first ever ...sucsess in the so called war on drugs ...THE TALIBAN!
    almost no opium being produced for the first time in centuries.

along come the english and americans and get rid of the taliban.
    america then dish out to the warlords of each city ...each region ...millions of dollars in cash and gold and weapons ...to the guys who control the opium production ....and viola ...opium production is back up.
    not just up but being produced at record levels with american dollars and american forces.
    the millions of dollars dished out is dished out directly to those who control the centuries old harvest of opium.
    a harvest that has always been traded with few problems for the producing countries.
    cos WE ///have problems ...they should grow beans instead?

obviously not ...the american direct investment in the opium warlords says so.

walker ...it's fine to be anti drugs ...it's commendable to want to stop people using.

what is your answer to the global drugs problem ...what ideas do you put forward that haven't already been tried?

your not modest man yourself. I have put up decent arguements and you lot refuse to see anything other then your own view. Its a disgrace.

I showed that heroin is addictive after you guys said it wasn't. You refuse to accept this.

I put up answers, and you insult me, yet when I say owt to you you get all indignant.

Quite frankly there are too many people with their heads up their arse on this issue.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I showed that heroin is addictive after you guys said it wasn't. You refuse to accept this.

Quite frankly there are too many people with their heads up their arse on this issue.

Can you point out where anyone here said heroin wasn't addictive. It's very addictive, however, to get addicted in the first place, you need a lot more than th eone hit you seem to think gets you addicted.

There's only one person with their heads up their arsesin this thread mate!
  • Options
    I was constantly saying its adictive!! and all you lot could do was go on about this one hit rubbish.

People were saying you need to take loads before you get addicted, when cleraly you do not.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Walkindude wrote:
    I was constantly saying its adictive!! and all you lot could do was go on about this one hit rubbish.

Sorry, who was going on about this one hit rubbish? Nobody in here has said heroin isn't addictive.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

People were saying you need to take loads before you get addicted, when cleraly you do not.

For fuck's sake!

You've already been told by an ex smackhead it takes about a month of every day usage to get addicted.

If you claim one hit = addiction (which is utter bullshit) on a forum frequented by drug users, drug workers and ex-addicts then what do you expect? Talk shit and you'll be corrected.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Have you ever taken heroin...no. So how the fuck do you know how much it takes you to get addicted, you're the one who said at the start that one hit gets you addicted.

Now a person on this board, a very fucking respected member who genuinely was addicted to the shit said how much it needed to get you fully addicted and you still don't listen. WTF like.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    your not modest man yourself. I have put up decent arguements and you lot refuse to see anything other then your own view. Its a disgrace.

You haven't put up any arguments.
    Walkindude wrote:

You're either lying or incredibly stupid as this bears no relation to this thread.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I put up answers, and you insult me, yet when I say owt to you you get all indignant.

You behaved like this on a couple of other threads too. Got everything wildly wrong, denied it then spat your dummy. Whats up with you?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I was constantly saying its adictive!!

So were we.
    Walkindude wrote:
    and all you lot could do was go on about this one hit rubbish.

No, that was you.
    Walkindude wrote:

Did you read that Drugscope link?
    hat heroin is addictive is a fact. Heroin is not however, instantly or even nearly instantly addictive (neither is crack cocaine or any other substance). This idea is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of addiction and the supposed power of
    the drug. Research consistently shows that becoming addicted to any drug takes time, usually at least 2-3 months (often much longer) where the user builds up to regular daily use. No drug has the power to instantly addict a user.
    http://www.drugscope.org.uk/DS%20Media%20Project/media_heroin.htm#instant

Although no doubt you're going to tell me you know better. If you do know better - what model of addiction do you subscribe to?
  • Options
    obviously none of you read the article either with the quote saying it was easy to addicted to.

ok, so when people start taking heroing, do you think after on ehit, th enext day they think to themslevs " I 'm gonna take some heroin today, just for the sake of it", hell no.

You take heroing, feels good, mixes with your body, the next time you rthinking you want some heorin, thats a biological response. Thats addiction.

I am not saying one hit and the next day your in an abandoned house, shooting up, givin bj's for £10. Course not. Never did say that.

But opening yourself up to the drug leaves you vunerable to being an addict. Anyone with sense would tell you that.

Oh and I am the on ebeing told I am stupid. Lok kback at past posts and some dicks saying rock stars and shit tak eit an dthey are fiune. Yeah they can afford to buy it an dthen go into rehab afterwards, and then they nearly all go clean anyway coz they are sick of the stuff.

There have been other studies besides that one on drugscope that suggest drusg are far more addictive then that link you put up suggests.

Basically you lot have your one view and anyone that put ssomething else you insult. Its childish and considering the subject is irresponsible.

Go into schools and say "its ok kids, take some drugs, you get hooked unles syou take it every day for months on end, and even then you can always get clean and it doesn't really effect your health".

Stupid.
  • Options
    What model of addiction do you subscribe to?
  • Options
    biological and psychological.
  • Options
    which biological and psychological model?
  • Options
    thats just my view on the basis of what addiction is.

but since you like showing off with ur links, why don't you post one showing all the models?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    thats just my view on the basis of what addiction is.

So its your view, not a model.
    Walkindude wrote:
    but since you like showing off with ur links, why don't you post one showing all the models?

I'm trying to make the point that just having your own opinion on it isn't enough. If you're going to make assertions on something as if its fact, it might be an idea to find out a little about the subject first? Otherwise you end up looking like an idiot.

Models of addiction