Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The lads mags

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
    Blagsta wrote:
    yeah of course, that's what happens every time a woman is sexually assualted. No wonder you can't get a girlfriend.

I have been trying to keep my cool and comen and debat ebut you really are a dumb fucking moron if you believe any word in what you just wrote.

READ WHAT I WRITE!! DO NOT PUT YOUR OWN CONNATATIONS ON IT.

I NEVER SAID THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WOMEN ARE SEXUALLY ASSULTED!
    Walkindude wrote:
    I have been trying to keep my cool and comen and debat ebut you really are a dumb fucking moron if you believe any word in what you just wrote.

:rolleyes:

You said some women enjoy it, as if it makes it alright. Of course you don't know these women- I grope and kiss my wife when we're in a club- but because someone gropes them its OK to grope everyone?

Why mention it if you aren't trying to argue that groping in pubs isn't that bad really?
    I wasn't argueing that groping in pubs isn't bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats conjecture that you put onto me.

I'll explain it...AGAIN!!!!

Somone poste don here about what was a grope and what wasn't saying one thing was on and another not. They said squeezing tits is never on.

ALL I SAID was that I had been in clubs and seen loads of girls get their tits squeezed.

Thats it! Nothing else. Nothing of whether it was ok or not. Nothing about sexual assault. Just some things I had seen and that is it! Everything else has put on me since by you 3.
    Walkindude wrote:

READ WHAT I WRITE!! DO NOT PUT YOUR OWN CONNATATIONS ON IT.

So you don't think that grabbing a woman's breast without her consent constitutes sexual assault? What do you think constitutes sexual assault?
    Walkindude wrote:

ALL I SAID was that I had been in clubs and seen loads of girls get their tits squeezed.

yes, you said that girls like getting their breasts felt by strangers, in fact they love it. You're twisted in the wrongbrain.
    N0 I DID NOT SAY ONCE THAT GIRLS LIKE GETTING THEIR BREAST FELT BE STRANGERS.

I didn't wanna use caps but maybe thats hwo you will understand blag,
    Errr...
    Walkindude wrote:
    you don't know how many times I have seen guys squueze a girls tits in a club and the girl not do anything about it.
    Walkindude wrote:
    well smiling, not moving, not saying anything, not lsapping them, not shouting at them, not giving a disgusted look, not doing anything but standing their while he does with no sign of discomfort obviously equals something, no doubt consent.

not twisted view at all, rather experience.
    Walkindude wrote:
    and if you read my posts you'll notice I said the girls were smiling. From your discription I doubt you were smiling were you??

I never said groping is right. I'm just saying what I saw.

Walkindude wrote:
    did you appear to be enjoying it????????

coz thats what I am talking about.

someone puts a post about groping and saying squeezing tits is wrong.

I put up a simply post saying I have seen it loads of times it clubs.

thats it, no more no less. Why expand on that and practically put words in my mouth?
    Walkindude wrote:
    jesus chrsit, they were fine with it. I know, I saw them, i didnt just get a fleeting glance. Half of them went on to ram their tongue down the guys thoat.
    erm he did say 'some' not 'all'
    erm he did say 'some' not 'all'

and...what? That he thinks that sexual assualt is OK is quite worrying.
    You are a fucking reatrd Blagsta.

Unless you can put up a direct quote from me where I say "sexual assault is ok", don't bother saying it again or I will say something to the mods coz that is just making a lie about me and thats not right.
    Blagsta wrote:
    and...what? That he thinks that sexual assualt is OK is quite worrying.

i think walkindude was trying to say that a large minority of girls/guys shrug it off or like it

by your talking ive been sexually assulted by my girlfriend since she just done it without letting me know in advance - even if i enjoyed it :s
    i think walkindude was trying to say that a large minority of girls/guys shrug it off or like it

So walkintwat thinks the majority of women get off on being sexually assualted?
    by your talking ive been sexually assulted by my girlfriend since she just done it without letting me know in advance - even if i enjoyed it :s

Can you really not see the difference between your partner touching you and a complete stranger?
    Blagsta you are an idiot.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Blagsta you are an idiot.

Careful, you'll have someone's eye out with that.

That's a daft thing to say. A partner, or possibly even just a person known to you (and whom you like) is not comparable to sleazy-Joe-Average (or Josephine) in a club/pub/on the street/wherever.

As for a "large minority of girls/guys shrug[ing] it off or like[ing] it"; firstly I don't think that's remotely true. If it is, then you have to wonder why they shrug it off...a lot of women I know (and possibly even myself) would feel far too intimidated to make a fuss about it, even though I think they rightly should.

Surely everyone's got the right to bop around a club or go about their daily life without being felt up, and those who do fancy a bit of a grope should try and seek out a willing partner rather than put their tentacles out for every likely person who passes them by.
    I think your right. I don't think people shoudl just grope people in clubs and such.

Though when I asked a girl about puling, thats what she told me to do so go figure.
    Kermit wrote:
    Well my wife doesn't like being groped in pubs.
    Nobody asks her.

Those that don't ask are, by your definition, pigs. They can't possibly know if the woman wants it.

Yep, they just go and grope another one. Who doesn't want it. And so on and so forth.

Why don't they take it as a compliment. I think it's more down to how the person percieves it.

Bit like holding a door open for a women, some take offence, some don't.

Of course groping is sort of a sexual thing, however I don't see it myself as anything too maliscious IMHO.

ETA: people's definition of a grope here also varies so I might come across as being a prick in this thread. A grope to me is a pinch on the arse or getting groovey on the dancefloor with a girl, it's pretty harmless.

Groping some girls tits at the bar waiting for drink, like WTF, that aint no grope.
    turlough wrote:
    Why don't they take it as a compliment. I think it's more down to how the person percieves it.

Because its intimidating.
    turlough wrote:
    Bit like holding a door open for a women, some take offence, some don't.

I hold doors open for men and women alike. I've yet to have anyone take offence.
    briggi wrote:
    A partner, or possibly even just a person known to you (and whom you like) is not comparable to sleazy-Joe-Average (or Josephine) in a club/pub/on the street/wherever.

Although the vast majority of rape is committed by someone know to the victim...
    Blagsta wrote:
    Because its intimidating.

I hold doors open for men and women alike. I've yet to have anyone take offence.

Intimidating for some, not for others.

Some people would say "thank you but i'm perfectly capable of opening the door myself"
    turlough wrote:
    Intimidating for some, not for others.

I guess the point is why some blokes think that groping a strange woman is acceptable - why do they view women as objects that they can grope without considering how she feels about it?
    turlough wrote:
    Some people would say "thank you but i'm perfectly capable of opening the door myself"

I've never encountered that. Have you?
    Blagsta wrote:
    I guess the point is why some blokes think that groping a strange woman is acceptable - why do they view women as objects that they can grope without considering how she feels about it?

I've never encountered that. Have you?

I've already said it's part of lad culture, have a few pints, a grope on the arse here and there...doesn't mean they're animals though.

Nope I have never encountered it myself.
    turlough wrote:
    I've already said it's part of lad culture, have a few pints, a grope on the arse here and there...doesn't mean they're animals though.

Do you not think that there might be a problem with "lad culture" then?
    turlough wrote:
    Nope I have never encountered it myself.

Why mention it then?
    some of the content in lads mags is alright. You could find objections to any of it though, if you so chose. For instance, you could say that a review of the best mp3 player is useful/harmless, or you could arue that it encourages ambitions of an unattainable lifestyle, or an attainable lifestyle that still wouldn't bring the happiness it portends to.

My personal objection would be the representation of women. For many reasons but most poiniently becasue all the women who are supposed to be attractive are White, Tall, Slim, Buxum, Long Hair; I am brown, short, skinny, flat, short thick curly wirey hair but... chow down on my skinny posterior lads mags coz I'm fit as foq, you just better recognise init. Also, you see how quick I am to reafirm my physical attractiveness- wtf?- this shouldn't be an indicator of my worth but somehow I find it is, to myself and to those around me. Are 'lads's mags' and the like responsible for this? Partly.
    turlough wrote:

Why should they have to take it as a compliment?

Whose responsibility is it? The man's to not be a little grubby cunt and grope women, or the woman's to "take it as a compliment" and shrug it off?

Someone was trying to do it to the lass last night, if I'd noticed I'd have nutted the little grubby cunt. And quite rightly.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you not think that there might be a problem with "lad culture" then?

Yes but as you said, lad culture just didn't come about. You can't blame it all on men, there's many social factors that have to be taken into account as to understands why men grope, why some women accept it and why some don't?

Kermit, fair enough, you're sticking to your guns I'm sticking to mine, no one's gonna change my mind in this debate.
    i can't believe this thread is still going round in circles.
    i can't believe this thread is still going round in circles.

Neither can I...wanna head to the pub for a pint and a grope ;)
    turlough wrote:
    Neither can I...wanna head to the pub for a pint and a grope ;)
    :thumb: