Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

telly.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just how much does it mean to you?

no answering well not that much realy ...if you actualy turn it on everyday.

Comments

• Options
    I don't watch it much, no more than one or two hours a day tops usually. Even when it is on I am doing something else while I watch it.
  • Options
    I don't have one. If I did I would be glued to trashy daytime tv drivvel- been there done that. Seems like a waste of my time so I go without. I do feel that I am missing out, top Gear and others... but, I was never very good at tv in moderatiion, so none at all seems better for me.
  • Options
    I don't have a tv in my uni flat and I don't seem to miss it, when I go home I can watch the tv if I like but I find unless there is a film or a documentary on that looks good I don't watch it. Even if its on I'm doing something else like reading its just a background noise. At home I would say I watch about 2 hours tops, unless there is a film on, I want to see.
  • Options
    now im at uni i dont really seem to watch tv all that much!! lately ive been watching x factor practically every saturday evening but thats about it!!!

usually i only ever watch it ive iam reeeeally bored. back home i used to watch it loads. especially at weekends
  • Options
    Don't have one. Haven't for about three years now. I don't miss it.
  • Options
    Usually have the telly going in my bedroom, not much I watch though, telly's a bit crap. Little britain is ok :) rest is just watching for the sakes of it.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I don't have one. If I did I would be glued to trashy daytime tv drivvel- been there done that. Seems like a waste of my time so I go without. I do feel that I am missing out, top Gear and others... but, I was never very good at tv in moderatiion, so none at all seems better for me.
    i did that a few years ago.
    about fourteen years ago?
    we discovered we talkedmore as a family ...did all manner of things together more but ...as the kids grew up and away ...the wife needed her progs and i needed the news.
    but life realy can be so much better without or with less.
  • Options
    I have a TV, don't really watch it much as there's very little that interests me and I'd rather curl up with a good book.

But I do appreciate it being there when there's something fucking great on; last year it pained me having to ask my flatmates if I could watch TV in their room (and I usually couldn't, because they were watching Pirates of the Carribean on DVD for the 1003488822th time).
  • Options
    I watch the TV to watch the news, simpsons and music...other than that, no I don't watch TV much. Especially at uni, there's no need for TV's up here.
  • Options
    telly.
    fone.
  • Options
    I didn't replace mine after it was stolen, I only really used to use it for watching prerecorded video - which I now do with dvds on my computer.

The problem I have is with other people's TVs, my attention gets sucked in by the moving picture.
  • Options
    I have a tv, it is downstairs in the living room. I have been watching very little of it for the past few months, I'm spending a lot more time on the computer instead. This is mainly because there is nothing on that I am glued to at the moment, although that'll change in January when Desperate Housewives is back on :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not alot. I could lvie without it, but its alright ot burn time or have on with tea.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I don't watch much TV.

Sometimes after the pub, I'll come in and see whats on but that's about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Only watch it for news, sport, simpsons, any good documentaries or if there is a good film on - which is never.
  • Options
    I dont watch it for the sake of watching... but if I like the look of something and get into it, i'll watch it. for some reason I'm glued to X Factor this year (despised it last year), and I'm a Charmed fan, but I won't put everything on hold for it.
  • Options
    Telly = for news only imo.
  • Options
    I don't watch it all that much anymore. However, a few years ago I used to watch it a lot more but I soon learnt that a lot of the stuff is just replays and rubbish etc. There is a lot more useful ways of spending my time than that.
  • Options
    mines not connected. I have one that Lenny watches DVDs on, but it has no ariel so cant watch telly.
    I miss it occasionally, but not a great deal.
  • Options
    I don't watch the TV as much as I used to when I was at Uni. Back then there was Buffy and Robot Wars to watch. Now there isn't. There are far more entertaining things on t'internet, and I get most of my news from the radio or newspapers.
  • Options
    I currently watch around 3 hours of tv when I get up... then about 4 hours in the evening....

Ilora x
  • Options
    I don't watch that much tv. There was a while when I watched a fair bit of daytime tv, but not for the past 3 weeks - I've been too busy doing other stuff. Now that I have internet in my flat i'm sure i'll be watching even less!

(I got internet today... Can you tell that I'm excited?!?)