Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long before they call?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this is gonna sound really stupid but In started a temp jpb for a few months at this place and in the morning I'd see the receptionist there, very pretty and sweet. I heard her talking and it turns out she is single. I thought I'd talk to her more over the days and then give her my number.

I found out she was leaving though so wasn't gonna bother. Her last day was friday and when I went down to leave she was there leaving. So I said hi and we got talking and she said she had been given 4 numbers from guys. I said "And to think, I was gonna give you mine". She asked why I didn't and I said coz she was leaving and she was like, that doesn't matter so I asked her if she wnated my number and she did and I gave it to her.

We walked for a bit and talked. She said she wasn't gonna ring those other numbers but definately mine. She had to get across town qucik so we said goodbye and I left to get my bus.

So now its monday and there has been no call yet. So I guess I am wondering, how long does it take before a girl who says she will call, calls?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a girl, I can gaurentee there is no set time limit before you call. Give it time, or don't. Keep in mind though, she told you that she wasn't going to call the other guys, but going to call you, whats stopping her from saying the same thing to the other men.
    thats true. Tho she seemed genuinely shocked that one of them was 29 and she is 19.
    She's probably thinking how long should I wait to not appear desperate...
    So what you're saying is she has YOUR number but you don't have hers?

If so then there's little you can do.
    Two ways here:
    1) she will call you and you just gotta wait. she could be under pressure and not have much time in her new job you know.
    2) she was just being nice.
    Either way you can only wait, and i wouldnt worry about it anyway.
    i think if she was interested in you she would of called you by now. most girls just accept the guys phone number and tell them they will call them back, but dont. its just a way to get them off there back at that moment. OR, she could just be super busy to call you?? if u hear nothing in a week, all bets are off... sorry :(
    she will call dont listen to all the other people
    Rbc_man wrote:
    she will call dont listen to all the other people
    Yeh, dont listen to us. Be optimistic! Up with good futures!
    aye you guts are right. She has my number but I don't have hers so its all down to her really. I'll wait and not stress about too much, then if I haven't heard owt for a week then I will give up I guess...
    i wouldn't worry about it, she's maybe been busy or something. if she rings, she rings. if she doesn't, then don't worry about it.
    sorry for writing "you guts", I meant "you guys".
    FYI, there is an edit button, doll ;)
    I know, sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't. I'm not sure I noticed my mistake straight away lol.
    Walkindude wrote:
    ...She said she wasn't gonna ring those other numbers but definately mine. She had to get across town qucik so we said goodbye and I left to get my bus. So now its monday and there has been no call yet. So I guess I am wondering, how long does it take before a girl who says she will call, calls?
    You lucky bastard! :) She must have thought something of you. She's biding her time. If she hasn't called within a week, that'd be bad news. Hang in there for now.
    thanks! I am hanging in there as we speak.
    tell us if she calls, im curious| :razz:
    ok I will I promise!
    no call yet :(

though yesterday I randomly taklked to a girl on the bus. She sat next to me and I hust asked her how her day was and started talking. We had a convo and it was cool. Didn't ask for her number tho or if she was single. Just a chat.

I don't know whats happneing to me. I never do this. I never or very rarely talk to random people and giving the number out the other week? Never done that before, well not in so oa way as to show I am interested in a girl.

Its strange. Good but strange.
    kathryn wrote:
    Give her until atleast next monday, who'd ring the next day?

Erm, I did! Met my bloke on a Monday, called him on the Tuesday, we went out again on the Wednesday. Can't be fucked with all this phonecall ettiquete 'how-long-should-I-wait-without-looking-desparate' crap.

However, when we were going out and long-distance, sometimes we'd only call each other once or maybe twice a week.

Just goes to show everyone approaches it differently and there's not much more you can do but wait.
    yup, its a waiting game alright.