Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Solskjaer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Looks like he may struggle to ever recover :(

BBC Story

I'm not a Utd fan but I think every football fan would love to see him make a comeback
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah is always sad to see a players career ruined by injury.
    Ego wrote:
    Looks like he may struggle to ever recover :(

Wha?

Nooooooooooo!

Forget Keane, I would actually be more disappointed at losing Ole.

"Who put the ball in the German's net?"
    "Who put the ball in the German's net?"

Sherringham? :yes: :p
    It's always sad to see a footballer's career ended by injury, especially when its been such a good career, as Solskjaer's has been.

Still can't forgive him for cheating to help win the title in 2003 though. That was such a disappointment after he made the Germans cry:(
    Kermit wrote:
    Still can't forgive him for cheating to help win the title in 2003 though.

Was that when he ran into Campbell's elbow?
    Kermit wrote:
    Still can't forgive him for cheating to help win the title in 2003 though.

We won the title easily in the end so stop bleating.

And, it's not like there was no contact, and we've been here with Arsenal and the contact issue before haven't we.

So leave it out.

It's awful news about Ole. I'm sure he'll get a testimonial though which is something at least.

And yes, he did put the ball in the German's net :) much to the dismay of half the people on this board I'm sure.

Always a legend.
    addicted7 wrote:
    And, it's not like there was no contact, and we've been here with Arsenal and the contact issue before haven't we.

there was less contact than Pires' "penalty" against the Skates.
    And yes, he did put the ball in the German's net :) much to the dismay of half the people on this board I'm sure

Nah, making the Germans cry is always a good thing.

Pissing Lennart Johnansson off is even better.
    So much for never playing again.

he's going to play in the reserves on Monday.
    Kermit wrote:
    So much for never playing again.

he's going to play in the reserves on Monday.

Don't you just love good news about Manchester United :yippe: ;)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    One of few Scummers I repect on the pitch. A great player, hopefully hes not done yet
    He's playing for the reserves tonight (as Kermit pointed out earlier), but got to this stage a few years back (came on in Cup final) but broke down after only a few weeks back in training.

Hopefully he'll make a full return this time. The guy has always seemed to be one of the few decent players out there - he's not greedy, he doesn't cheat (Campbells arm swung into his face whether Sol meant it or not), and he truly deserves the loyalty United have shown him through his injury (unlike Rio Ferdinand, who spent 8 months sat on his arse for something which was his own fault, still took the wages and then had the cheek to stall on his knew contract because he wasn't sure United had made him "the right offer"). Solskjaer is a genuine guy it seems, and there are few around like him today.
    manickev wrote:
    He's playing for the reserves tonight (as Kermit pointed out earlier), but got to this stage a few years back (came on in Cup final) but broke down after only a few weeks back in training.

Hopefully he'll make a full return this time. The guy has always seemed to be one of the few decent players out there - he's not greedy, he doesn't cheat (Campbells arm swung into his face whether Sol meant it or not), and he truly deserves the loyalty United have shown him through his injury (unlike Rio Ferdinand, who spent 8 months sat on his arse for something which was his own fault, still took the wages and then had the cheek to stall on his knew contract because he wasn't sure United had made him "the right offer"). Solskjaer is a genuine guy it seems, and there are few around like him today.

^

what i was gonna say

just you worded it far better :yes: