Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

DWP are a joke

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Love you too. :heart:
    I don't have issues with you personally, you just come across as an arsehole when you could be saying something useful a lot of the time.

And you calling anybody 'judgemental' is a joke.
    I don't have issues with you personally, you just come across as an arsehole when you could be saying something useful a lot of the time.

And you calling anybody 'judgemental' is a joke.

The only people I "judge" are racists and people who post crap and can't defend it.
    crap posts? look at your own to begin with before commenting on other peoples
    Blagsta wrote:
    The only people I "judge" are racists and people who post crap and can't defend it.
    People with differing opinions... After which you insult 'em...

However, don't make anybody better to swear at you back.

P&D boards have a habit of people bitching at each other and hurlng abuse.
    waster wrote:
    crap posts? look at your own to begin with before commenting on other peoples

This is the kind of thing I mean - people who can't read. I didn't say "crap posts", I said "post crap". There's quite a difference.
    People with differing opinions... After which you insult 'em...

However, don't make anybody better to swear at you back.

P&D boards have a habit of people bitching at each other and hurlng abuse.

Racists deserve to be insulted don't you think?
    Blagsta wrote:
    Racists deserve to be insulted don't you think?
    No, it's their opinion. Insulting never gets people anywhere, it just makes the individual hurling the abuse look bad.
    No, it's their opinion. Insulting never gets people anywhere, it just makes the individual hurling the abuse look bad.

racists deserve all they get
    Blagsta wrote:
    racists deserve all they get
    Sure, fight hatred with hatred, that's what makes the world go round. :yeees: That's how all big changes are made in society, by abusing people. Reacting aggressively towards people with differing opinions is the reason why countries like China and Iran have such good human rights records obviously.
    You haven't read much history I take it.
    Blagsta wrote:
    You haven't read much history I take it.
    Because you're going to change history by bitching at people on message boards surely. :rolleyes:
    Errr..did I say I would? I was taking issue with your assertion that agression never changes anything.
    Oh waster, you are a plank.

Tool, that is why I was angry at JCP structure, and I'm well aware it used to be much better in the days of yore when the form never left the building.

If you are cynical about all the people you meet then you're in the wrong job.

We all have to work with arsehole clients sometimes. Dealing with them as people tends to help a bit.
    Partly...
    Kermit wrote:

Tool, that is why I was angry at JCP structure, and I'm well aware it used to be much better in the days of yore when the form never left the building.

If you are cynical about all the people you meet then you're in the wrong job.

We all have to work with arsehole clients sometimes. Dealing with them as people tends to help a bit.

Like Blagsta accuses, you didn't read it quite properly. What I said was that good staff treat clients well and help for as long as they can unless/until they become arseholes. I mean that you give 99% to someone, but you tend to hold back 1% because from experience, the nicest people can suddenly flip. That doesn't apply to the scenario your good lady described, but as a general rule, even the 'good' staff will think like this. I can't articulate the experience any better. Even staff who have become more cynical, though, will still go into each new situation with an open mind, just trying to help.
    I know what you mean, but at the same time if you expect everyone to be a tosser then they will be one.

And you should do your job to 100% of your ability every time.
    Indeed
    Kermit wrote:
    I know what you mean, but at the same time if you expect everyone to be a tosser then they will be one.

Well, you don't expect it as such, but you have to be aware it can happen.

I always do my job to 100%, all I'm saying is that you find yourself affected by past experience.
    Kermit wrote:

At least I dont batter old grannies with trolleys you macho man you!

Blagsta, Agreed there is a difference, but in my prior post I made to you, you judged it as being such a crap post, no doubt because when confronted with an opinion you cannot otherwise argue with sensibly you just, well, become very nasty and rude---thats a great way to persuade people to support your opinions! :chin:

As for racists, it would be hard to find anyone that doesnt harbour some form of racial prejudice, whether they use that to assert unfair treatment towards a specific group is when problems arise.
    Kermit wrote:

So if your job is being a tosser you should do it 100% to your ability? you could sign up straight away for that Kermit you already have all the right ingredients it seems!
    waster wrote:
    Blagsta, Agreed there is a difference, but in my prior post I made to you, you judged it as being such a crap post,

It was a crap post. It seemed designed to provoke a reaction. And it did.
    waster wrote:
    So if your job is being a tosser you should do it 100% to your ability? you could sign up straight away for that Kermit you already have all the right ingredients it seems!

Good to see you're determined to prove your lack of intellect.
    You should really be the last person to comment on someone's intellect, I suppose you think hitting people with trolleys from Tesco is the hallmark of maturity? Get over yourself.
    You just keep flogging that dead horse. It's rather amusing.
    Kermit wrote:
    You just keep flogging that dead horse. It's rather amusing.

Although I'm quite new on this board, Kermit, I've been active on other boards for many years.

One of the lessons I've learnt is that your words can come back to haunt you in the future.

You have to stay consistent... ;)
    waster wrote:
    Thanks for the good post Tool

And heres you calling me a fool Kermit? Go back to Tescos, it sounds as if you were at the right mindset. FOOL

Nothing wrong with working in retail... There's no 'mindset' for sitting on a till and scanning things, or stacking shelves, all sorts of people work in them including students.

One of the lessons I've learnt is that your words can come back to haunt you in the future.

-yawn-
    Tool wrote:
    Well, you don't expect it as such, but you have to be aware it can happen.

Yep.

The problem is the mindset that everyone who complains is being a tosser. Such as the delightful postings made by the earlier JCP employee.

Arsehole clients aren't the sole preserve of the JCP you know:)

waster is fulfilling his name, really. he's wasting perfectly good oxygen.
    Kermit wrote:
    Yep.

The problem is the mindset that everyone who complains is being a tosser. Such as the delightful postings made by the earlier JCP employee.

Arsehole clients aren't the sole preserve of the JCP you know:)

Couldn't agree more. If someone was being an 'arsehole' because they had a genuine reason to get angry about, as you did with your situation (now I understand it), decent staff would have no problem with that and should apologise on behalf of other staff.

However, sometimes people act like arseholes and become violent just because you won't give them something they just want, even if it is not due to them. Sometimes, you will tell people five things about their claim, but they will only really hear one of them. Down the line, they will explode in anger because their money has been affected by one of the four other things that they didn't listen to, or didn't take seriously.

I can't speak for other areas of the country, but I can honestly tell you that in the various offices I've worked in, all staff do their very best to make sure people get the money that is due to them, and help people find jobs.

There is another side of the job, where you have to tackle people who obviously don't want to work, or you suspect are working and signing. That just comes with the territory, I'm afraid. That side of the job, rather than what happened to you, is most often the source of flashpoints.
    waster wrote:
    Bravo, funny how our society has been conditioned to talk down to the single mums on benefit or anyone who enters a jobcentre to beg for their entitlements, but at the same time dont bat an eyelid to tens of millions of pounds in tax breaks for ultra rich multinational corporations to set up shop here. Little mention is also made in how much money is wasted in making craters in Iraqs topography. Were not the scroungers, people like peachy is who live on our backs, its because of us that she has a job aswell as dozens of other paper shufflers and high paid public execs who administer the whole welfare system, they are the real scroungers.

it may surprise you alll that I am actually a lone parent and have thoroughly enjoyed winding you all up!! I do actually work for jcp as a lone parent adviser and after the shitty week I have had just needed some amusement, looks like the last laugh is on all youlot. and I do care which is why I work my arse off to help all my customers.
    Its a shame none of you have the intelligence however to use other words other than those of the 4 letter kind!!! :crazyeyes
    can you spell b a c k t r a c k boys and girls?

Peachy - you're pathetic. Get a hobby or something.
    peachy69 wrote:
    it may surprise you alll that I am actually a lone parent and have thoroughly enjoyed winding you all up!! I do actually work for jcp as a lone parent adviser and after the shitty week I have had just needed some amusement, looks like the last laugh is on all youlot. and I do care which is why I work my arse off to help all my customers.
    Its a shame none of you have the intelligence however to use other words other than those of the 4 letter kind!!! :crazyeyes
    Such a shame that people in the JCP don't appear to have the intelligence to punctuate their writing properly. :p

No English language skills? And you attempt to condescend people here by claiming that we have poor language skills. Exactly what do you do then? I assume you mean by working with single parents that you are trying to get the 'scroungers' out to work? So how many points per parent do you get?

That is running by my assumption that JCP is an acronym for 'Job Centre Plus'.
    Such a shame that people in the JCP don't appear to have the intelligence to punctuate their writing properly. :p

No English language skills? And you attempt to condescend people here by claiming that we have poor language skills.

Well, I was always taught that you don't start a sentence with "And", but maybe it's different now.

You're correct on the acronym, however.

Maybe peachy69 only posts when she's pissed?

Either way, it's getting pointless constantly going round in circles in this way. Look at the 'Signing Off' thread and hopefully you'll believe that we can actually be helpful people when we try really, really hard.