Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drug crime

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive heard that crack ca be addictive from 1 hit or certainly a couple.
    Smack is what youve just been talking about Ive known a few "casual" users of smack and they all had to give up when it became a bit more than casual, this wasnt a easy thing took them months and was hard, Im very sceptical about casual users, apart from those whove used it only a coulple of times in their life I think there are very few casual users whove never had a problem.

Coke I speak from personal knowledge is definatly not addictive on one hit you definantly need to be using it for months before this happens.

Hey walkin you left out Marijuana,,Dont you know that inside the dreaded "reefer" LURKS

MURDER INSANITY DEATH
    ok, so I guess they are not 100% addictive from the first try for EVERYONE but a fair few I'd say??

Yes I know about the wacky backy. I have tried it myself and wasn't too impressed with it and not addicted to it.

Tho you are right in what it contains ;)
    Walkindude wrote:
    ok, so I guess they are not 100% addictive from the first try for EVERYONE but a fair few I'd say??

Yes I know about the wacky backy. I have tried it myself and wasn't too impressed with it and not addicted to it.

Tho you are right in what it contains ;)

Some people will use crack/meth/heroin and report that they have found 'the way they are always meant to feel' and that they have a strong desire to do it again. But, there is a big difference between this and an addiction starting at the first hit.
    and they wake up one day saying they need to feel whole and think why not try thses drugs they will make me whole again??

And why do they feel whole when they try the drugs? Its a syntheic feeling, provoking biological responeses of pleasure that they want to experience again and again. This builds up into a biological need for the drug and hence they are addicted.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Some people will use crack/meth/heroin and report that they have found 'the way they are always meant to feel' and that they have a strong desire to do it again. But, there is a big difference between this and an addiction starting at the first hit.

From what Ive heard and Ive known a few people on crack not very well, Ive known Herion users much better, from what they and others have said, It does seem to grab everyone when they first use it very hard, I think its much more than some people are meant for it thats an argument as to why some become alchoholics. Crack users seem to go suddenly from OK people in to junkies who break into their former mates houses to steel stuff for a hit (heard of this a few times) to nutters who will offer to smash peoples face in with a hammer for a few quid. The same slide on Herion seems to take much longer, as in a few years longer.
    I think its sutch a strong effect that if you took 1 it would always stay with you somewhere, and be a powerfull draw if it was offered again.
    well I think it must have some strong qualities to it if it is used to forciable enslave people and make them go through withdrawal if they don't have it.
    Walkindude wrote:
    and they wake up one day saying they need to feel whole and think why not try thses drugs they will make me whole again??

And why do they feel whole when they try the drugs? Its a syntheic feeling, provoking biological responeses of pleasure that they want to experience again and again. This builds up into a biological need for the drug and hence they are addicted.

I dont know, what makes people get up in the morning? People are emotionally damaged for a whole host of reasons.

Is it synthetic? Why is it different, the nerve endings are firing, the chemicals are being released, its reality to the brain.

And no, here I'm afraid your knowledge does show, cocaine, crack and methamphetamine are not physically addictive, there is no biological need for the drug, just a strong desire.
    Walkindude wrote:
    well I think it must have some strong qualities to it if it is used to forciable enslave people and make them go through withdrawal if they don't have it.

Are you taking Herion there, thats used mainly for prostitutes I think, who are enslaved to more than the Drug, the money, their pimp, on other options and Herion is an escape for them, so it adds to the enslavment rather than causing it. The australian gangster Chopper Read says that women have a much more powerfull physical addiction to smack than men ?
    I ain't on it no but while alot of prosititutes are on heroin through their own wiling experiences, there are quite a few girls in various countries where they get forcible injected with heroin and so have to work for the fix as they have become addicted. True many are enslaved to the their pimps, money etc but these girls that are foced to take the drug are namely enslaved to the drug itself.

Well it would be interesting to see the biological effects on men and women. We know for a fact that women get drunk quicker on less alcohol then men coz of how are bodies are. The effect of drugs may be different to.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I ain't on it no but while alot of prosititutes are on heroin through their own wiling experiences, there are quite a few girls in various countries where they get forcible injected with heroin and so have to work for the fix as they have become addicted. True many are enslaved to the their pimps, money etc but these girls that are foced to take the drug are namely enslaved to the drug itself.

Well it would be interesting to see the biological effects on men and women. We know for a fact that women get drunk quicker on less alcohol then men coz of how are bodies are. The effect of drugs may be different to.

If youd kidnapped a rich western girl and injected her when she had a chance I recken she'd phone daddy and the police, and gett of the addiction, If on the other hand its a poor eastern european illegal imigrant, she aint got the police or daddy to phone has she, so is very likely to become an addict.
    indeed.

Or run aways, orphans, or girls too young and scared to know what to do. Also prseuming they could get to a phone and how bad the state they were in from the drugs.
    Walkindude wrote:

Women get drunk quicker because they have a higher percentage of fat in their body, and because they are likely to be smaller.

Heroin doesnt work like alcohol, so it will be almost purely dependant on body weight, mg per kilo.
    they also get drunk quicker as they have less water in their bodies to absorb the alcohol.

medical science discovers things all the time, you never know whats round the corner.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Every drug worker and ex-addict I have seen and heard has never recommended legalising drugs.

Yes, I bet you know loads of drug workers and ex-users don't you?
    Walkindude wrote:
    And yes, one shot can get you addicted. Hence why trying it once is dangerous.

This is absolutely NOT TRUE.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I worry that you actually belive the pro-drugs propaganda you write here.

I worry that you believe any old crap.
    you have the debating skills of a slug blagsta. Go away and live in your blissful world of know all.
    Walkindude wrote:
    you have the debating skills of a slug blagsta. Go away and live in your blissful world of know all.

oh the irony :lol:
    Walkindude wrote:
    Or run aways, orphans, or girls too young and scared to know what to do. Also prseuming they could get to a phone and how bad the state they were in from the drugs.

As the recent case showed its far more likely that girls are scared of violence against them than heroin (or other drugs) withdrawl.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Every drug worker and ex-addict I have seen and heard has never recommended legalising drugs.

I worry that you actually belive the pro-drugs propaganda you write here.
    your talking right now to an ex addict who believes in full legalisation.
    i used to deal the stuff ...large ammounts of the stuff.
    had a huge habit and loads of dosh.
    quite an exciting lifestyle ...although somewhat risky.

i haven't touched the stuff for more or less twenty years or been involved in crime.

i am extremely healthy and fit and active ...i'm 52.
    mates who went down the work and drink route are mostly fat and nackered ...while i remain in seriously good shape and health.

i was involved with top muscians who's names i wont tell ...along with a helicopter pilot ...lawyers estate agents ...hells angels ...nurses ...town councilor and many proffesional people.
    some have used heroin on a casual basis for over thirty years.
    some have been addicted for over thirty years ...but still working hard and bringing up their families.
    some are dead.
    some are in jail.
    some are also alcoholic as well as heroin addicted and are in all honesty an never ending mess.

if heroin was available on script ...no addict would have the need or excuse to commit crime.
    i'm all for criminals recieving hard long punishment in old fashioned jails such as strangeways.
    there is nothing to stop an addict working hard and honestly with no health problems.
    well you are one view and other people have other views. All I'm saying.
    your talking right now to an ex addict who believes in full legalisation.
    i used to deal the stuff ...large ammounts of the stuff.
    had a huge habit and loads of dosh.
    quite an exciting lifestyle ...although somewhat risky.

i haven't touched the stuff for more or less twenty years or been involved in crime.

i am extremely healthy and fit and active ...i'm 52.
    mates who went down the work and drink route are mostly fat and nackered ...while i remain in seriously good shape and health.

i was involved with top muscians who's names i wont tell ...along with a helicopter pilot ...lawyers estate agents ...hells angels ...nurses ...town councilor and many proffesional people.
    some have used heroin on a casual basis for over thirty years.
    some have been addicted for over thirty years ...but still working hard and bringing up their families.
    some are dead.
    some are in jail.
    some are also alcoholic as well as heroin addicted and are in all honesty an never ending mess.

if heroin was available on script ...no addict would have the need or excuse to commit crime.
    i'm all for criminals recieving hard long punishment in old fashioned jails such as strangeways.
    there is nothing to stop an addict working hard and honestly with no health problems.

Thats interesting, but I cant think legalising Heroin would be good it would createing many more addicts, thats just a fact isnt it, Iv never tried it but if I could have gone to the shop and bought it as easily as drinnk Id have done it loads of times and maybe an addict my self.

I think only dope should be legalised nothing else.
    Walkindude wrote:
    well you are one view and other people have other views. All I'm saying.
    i'm not having a go at your point of view ...what pisses me off is the misinformation that is poured out to the public.

when crack first appeared in the early 80's every headline was about how one snifter and you were hooked ...complete bollox!
    i smoked crack a half dozen times and wasn't impressed.
    did quite a lot of coke and similarly wasn't all that impressed.
    what realy did screw me over big time for a while was speed ...(amphetamine).
    theres no physical addiction with speed but i could not shove enough of it up my arm.
    totaly lost control with the stuff.
    nowt that six months in jail didn't cure though.

my point of view comes from personal experience and the experiences of hundreds of others.
    it is also worth checking out the history of its ue ...it aint new.
    opiates and cannabis and cocaine have a huge history ...victorian times through the 1920's. massively popular with all sections of society.
    have a read of the opium thread in drugs.
    I know about the history of drugs. I did organised crime module in uni and I had to cover the drugs history so I do know.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I smoke crack every now and again. I love it. But I'm not an addict and I certainly don't suffer from any withdrawl.
    Weekender Offender 
    Thats interesting, but I cant think legalising Heroin would be good it would createing many more addicts, thats just a fact isnt it, Iv never tried it but if I could have gone to the shop and bought it as easily as drinnk Id have done it loads of times and maybe an addict my self.

trouble is ...when you do a quick reality check you find heroin consumption forever on the up in this country.
    in holland it has plumeted to an all time low ...since they relaxed the laws.

the american government have recently funded the biggest opium crop in history ...where do think it's going to go to?

illegal means handing control to criminals and terrorists meaning ...there aint no control ...no rules whatsoever!
    that cannot be good.

in victorian times is a little piece of history where england ...who owned all the asian poppy fields at the time ...breaking the will of the chineese authorities by shipping thousands of tons of opium into china and creating intentionaly a mass epidemic of addiction ...thats how we got hong kong.

how did the chineese finaly rid themselves of the problem?
    by tolerating opium dens.
    thing is i've smelt that smell before

:lol:

What are you talking about.

Yes, all drug users have a certain smell about them.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I know about the history of drugs. I did organised crime module in uni and I had to cover the drugs history so I do know.

You might know the history of drugs and organised crime but you don't know an awful lot about drugs themselves.
    Walkindude wrote:

That's one of the funniest things I ever read on here. Is this the same place you learnt about politics? :lol:

But no one is suggesting we just have off licences where you can buy heroin, it should be on prescription, just like methadone.

Have you tried to get methadone from your GP?
    Walkindude wrote:

And why do you think that organised criminals are now richer, more powerful and more violent than they have ever been?

Do you get drinks companies with armed militia's?
    bongbudda wrote:
    And why do you think that organised criminals are now richer, more powerful and more violent than they have ever been?

Do you get drinks companies with armed militia's?
    I THINK WALKINDUDES SOLUTION TO SUCH A SITUATION IS ...MAKE IT ILLEGAL ...OPPS Bleedin caps.