Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What advent calendar do you have??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got a disney one, but only bcos it has milk AND white chocolate in it and it goes to new year???
Also, how old do you think is too old for an advent calendar??? Im 20 and still have 1

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im 20 and still have 1

:lol::lol:

sorry, 20 and still have an advent calendar lol

edited to add : My Daughter has the Bratz one :D
    I'm 21 and don't have one, I think is was about 13 when I had my last one, as my parents just stopped buying me one. To be honest i don't really miss not having one I use to at secondary school, as a lot of my friends still had them.
    im 18 and most of my friends have them. my mum buys little presents and puts them in a calendar for me. id be gutted if she stopped, i had to persuade her to so it this yr because she says im too old.
    I'm 18.

A couple of years ago my gran bought my bro, sis and I a christmas tree thingy with numbers and pockets in, so we have them. I'm not fussed about it, just more of a decorative thing on the wall, and also nice because my grandmother got them for us.
    My family all say I'm too old and I think they're havin a laugh. I complain every year and this year my nan got me one. A simpsons one. I still havent even opened one door let alone 4. Heh :D
    i feel quite kiddyish now, but i love em!! always compare with my sis wot shape choc we get in the morning!! how sad do i feel now???
    i feel quite kiddyish now, but i love em!! always compare with my sis wot shape choc we get in the morning!! how sad do i feel now???
    Haha, its the same with easter for me. I have a bet with my sis that I can get the most eggs. I make everyone buy me one :D
    yay, im not alone!!
    yay, im not alone!!

lol

psst I used to make my hubby buy me an easter egg at easter :D
    24 and i still have one. i wasn't going to bother but then my mum posted me one with urgent stickers on the wrapping paper....malteasers, woot! :D
    word on the grapevine is that my boss got us a chocolate one each (including herself) and in my department we are 21, 23, 24, 26 and 30.

you are never too old for thinly disguised excuses for chocolate.
    I'm 19 and i think that i will probably always have one! I have a cadbury's one at mine, and the bratz one at my fiance's house. The bratz one is cool tho because it counts down till new year! More chocolate!
    ive got a disney one, but only bcos it has milk AND white chocolate in it and it goes to new year???
    Also, how old do you think is too old for an advent calendar??? Im 20 and still have 1
    They're not Advent Calendars anymore, silly. They're "Countdown Calendars". :yes:
    I have a little one like a card with no chocolate just pictures because I hate the chocolate ones.
    I'm 19 and I'm ALWAYS going to have an advent calendar! There is no age limit on advent calendars! So far I have a picture of: Santa, a stocking, mary and joseph, and an owl. I'm not quite sure where owls come into Christmas, maybe it's an RSPB calendar or summit.
    I've had one every year so far and i'm 19, not sure about this year though
    I have a Batman one :cool:

Haven't opened any of them yet though, keep forgetting. So 6 doors to open in the morning!
    briggi wrote:
    I have a Batman one :cool:

Haven't opened any of them yet though, keep forgetting. So 6 doors to open in the morning!
    But its only the 5th tomorrow :p
    But its only the 5th tomorrow :p

Damn you, and stupid computer clock/date thing! :p

Oh well, maybe I'll get one day ahead...for all the other times I'm sure I'll forget. Heh.
    I have one which someone made for me, it's a gorgeous fabric one with beads. It has little pockets in it though, and a thing to move along to each pocket, so no chocolate for me :( I will try and post a picture of it soon :)
    I have a maltesers one. Im 19 and I don't think you can be ever too old for one.
    Kentish wrote:
    They're not Advent Calendars anymore, silly. They're "Countdown Calendars". :yes:

They sell them for Eid in Asda here.

I bought the kids one, but I also bought Mr M one and he's 31. I don't think he was that bothered though. I couldn't be arsed myself. If I wanted chocolate I'd have bought a bar, you get more in it! And I know how many days it is till Christmas cause people keep telling me, bloody sadists.
    Disney winnie the pooh
    My boyfriends nan got us one from thorntons to share, and on the last day there is two chocolates with an L and a J on to munch which was pretty nice of her. As a bonus the chocolates actually taste pretty ok from there as opposed to the normal carboard flavour of advent calenders :p
    im 15 and i dont have 1
    I've got a Thomas the Tank Engine one, got it fo 10p in Asda yesterday, bargain :D
    mine is the best. my sister made it for me last year and it's about 1m by 1m. she made it out of felt and then sewed pockets on it and used glitter to write the number on and then stuck decorations on it. i really wish i had a picture of it 'cause it's better than i've described it. she filled it with things like chocolate coins and candy canes and occasionally i'd get something like a keyring, a bracelet, socks or on christmas eve i had christmas knickers! then on christmas day i got a present too. i wouldn't let her fill it this year because she doesn't have much money so my mum filled it with sweets for me. :)
    i have a mars bar one :D ideally i would have liked a milky way magic stars one but i couldnt find one ANYWHERE! very annoying . mars is still nice though!
    my mum always buys me one but she didnt this year.
    so i've had to look myself and now its december i cant find any!! :( not happy at all!
    i think i'll have an advent calendar every year :)
    mars one! ;d
    I have a simpsons one which goes up to the new year!!