Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

22 tommorow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay tomorrow ill be 22, and it seems really old! i now understand why when i was younger people always used to say they were 21! it seems like 22 is so much older than 21, i wanna stay 21 for ever! :( it feels like tomorrow i have to be am adult and i dont wanna be :no:
Anyone else feel like this when they turned 22?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, turned 22 just over a month ago
    okay tomorrow ill be 22, and it seems really old! i now understand why when i was younger people always used to say they were 21! it seems like 22 is so much older than 21, i wanna stay 21 for ever! :( it feels like tomorrow i have to be am adult and i dont wanna be :no:

I'm 24 now and sinc eI left school it's gone well quick. 5 and a half years time I will be 30. Whooooo.
    Yes I felt like that!
    I'm sure I will feel the same next year when I turn 22. Cheer up though it could be worse you could 27 fast approaching 30 like my brother.
    You may feel you're growing older..but the personality you've had since you were a teen will stay with you until you're old and grey. You've just got slightly more responsibilities now.
    Yep, I turned 23 this year and definitely felt miserable about it for a bit. By the time my mum was my age, she had a two year old me and a mortgage :(
    Kate1 wrote:
    Yep, I turned 23 this year and definitely felt miserable about it for a bit. By the time my mum was my age, she had a two year old me and a mortgage :(

and thats another thing, i aint even got a boyfriend and i still live at home with my mum, at 22 i should be all loved up and living on my own! :crying:
    i thought i was da only one lol i turn 22 in a few weeks and i keep telling people that its not fair as it feels like i haven't been 21 long enough!! i mean all i can remember about being 21 is my final year at uni and stressing about work!! not very rock and roll :yeees: i think i'll join the indenial club on my next birthday and have my 22nd birthday as my honourary 21st birthday and make sure i enjoy it lol :thumb:

Happy birthday for tomorrow by da way! :wave:
    don't worry. i though 23 was by far the best age i've been.

i'll turn 25 in less than 3 months, and i still feel crazy young. i keep getting the 'i was married/pregnantwiththetwins/a manager at your age' speech too. my mum was married at 21, so i've been having it for a while now....
    My boyfriend has had the same speach from his mum. She was married and had a house by the time she was 21 and had her first child by 23 and her second by the time she was 26.
    I'm 23. It's too old for my liking.

When can I retire these days?
    Kentish wrote:
    I'm 23. It's too old for my liking.

When can I retire these days?

At the moment its 65, but by the time we get to our 60's it is possible that it will be 67 if not later. :crying: :banghead:
    O right. Not yet for a while then. :(
    the old xbox sayin is: life gose to fast play more. no time to play when i am dieing arrrr lol happy birthdat and joy to the earth tht we all live on and ppl who have to put up with me.
    Kentish wrote:
    O right. Not yet for a while then. :(

Look at it this way you have 2 years less then me to go.

I'm only 21....
    God, wait till you hit 40 then you will panic :lol:
    I'm 21 now and 22 in February. Personally, I can't wait to be older.

I feel a bit stuck in limbo right now - I live at home with my parents and am in the middle of looking for a new job. In two years time, my bf will have graduated and will be in a secure job (it's all arranged already!) and I'll be able to move in with him, three counties away. Can't wait to settle over there and, what feels like, kick start my career, finally!!
    I'm 22 on Friday

Birfday ladyman ^_^
    :( *feels old*
    i'm 20 and i found the leap from 19-20 a bit scary! it wasn't just me, it seems to be a general consensus among 20 year olds. 20 just sounds so much older than 19! :p
    You've got me quite concerned now that I will be turning 21 at the end of the month. I guess I'd better enjoy it while it lasts. :(

:chin:

No, sorry, can't remember that far back.
    Miffy wrote:
    :chin:

No, sorry, can't remember that far back.

Nor can I :nervous:
    I think someone is fishing in advance for a birthday thread :p
    I thought Kentish was older, maybe it's because manofkent is about 40...
    And I thought I was older than Stargalaxy, turns out i'm not...
    i'm 20 and i found the leap from 19-20 a bit scary! it wasn't just me, it seems to be a general consensus among 20 year olds. 20 just sounds so much older than 19! :p

I think its purely because you are losing the teen ending to your ages, that it just feels like a big change. Well you do spend 7 years in your teens, which when you are young is a long time.
    happy birthday :birthday:
    noog wrote:
    happy birthday :birthday:
    I was wondering why it took someone so long to say that :p

Happy birthday :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Happy Birthday!

...I wanted to stay 19. But did anyone listen? NO! :(:p