Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

christmas shopping for men!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what the hell do i buy my blokey for xmas! he doesn't want clothes or jewellery or smellies he wants an xbox 360 and a psp or warhammer crap. i wont buy him warhammer as he has tons already i was thinking of taking him to a gig but none of the bands he likes are doing gigs at the mo grrr. so if anyone could post some ideas i'd be very very greatful thanks!
:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I HATE buying for men! I know that doesnt help you, but just thought id share!!!
    I had the same problem with my boyfriend, I just did not know what to get him, them I just saw a few things when I was out shopping for my friends. I brought him a few smaller presents which would mean things to him, as they would remind him of the good times that we have had over the last year.
    dudes are easy as hell to buy crap for. You can get us pretty much anything and we'll be satisfied.
    Get him a money voucher for a computer games shop, dvd's and alcohol that usually does the trick and everyones happy then :D
    hmm well he don't want no dvds and there are no games he wants grrrrr why can't i have a simple bf who is easy to buy for and the alcohols a nono as he's diabetic
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have no idea what to get the boy :(
    Most of the men in my life get something (anything!) edible. That usually pleases them enough.

If it's for something special, I'm probably not the best person to answer, I'm crap at the big gestures. This year I've gotten my other half a lovely thick dressing gown/bathrobe made from this soft cord-type material (I imagine I'll get more wear out of it!) because his current one is almost threadbare. That's so he gets something tangible out of "pressie opening time", because his main gift is a scratchcard ;)
    CDs? Some kind of 'toy' thing, you know like table football, pinball... If he supports a football team, something to do with that... Something to do with bands he likes? One of those day out things where he can race cars or whatever... Something for his car if he has one... Depends what he's into really!!
    give him money so HE can buy what he wants :thumb: sorted! either that or buy something for yourself e.g. lingurie and say its for him :flirt: i'm sure he'll appreciate it
    simba wrote:
    give him money so HE can buy what he wants :thumb: sorted! either that or buy something for yourself e.g. lingurie and say its for him :flirt: i'm sure he'll appreciate it

I agree with the lingurie idea, I just wish i had some spear cash to do that Idea. Oh well I'll just have to go up before him strip off and put on his dressing gown.
    Cd's, gift vouchers if your desperate, or an activity voucher for car driving etc, there are loads of sites on the net that do them.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    See, my hubby isn't into things like table football and the likes. And CDs are just boring. They are alright for stocking fillers and stuff but not as a main present. I just need to get my thinking cap on.
    manly jewlery, watches, a leather wallet? depends how old you are really and how much money you wanna spend. Beer, DVD's, CD's are always good, we're really not that hard to buy for.
    dudes are easy as hell to buy crap for. You can get us pretty much anything and we'll be satisfied.
    :lol: Yep.
    I've bought my BF a portable DVD player for his car coz he gets an hour for lunch and moans that his bored. :/ And an Electric shaver and Fifa 2006 for (my) PS2 that he has long term borrowed.
    i tend to say 'what do you want for christmas?'. then he tells me, i buy it, and everyone's happy.

as far as a lot of men are concerned (including mr. kaff), getting something you want pisses all over getting a surprise.
    I got my boyfriend a yearly cinema pass which he already has, had to tell him I was getting it him as they take the pictures for it when your there. I'm gonna get him a few bits too, probably some paco rabanne ultraviolet as he's ran out of it.

I find my boyfriend easy to buy for, its my Dad I've got a problem with.
    My boyfriend is easy to buy small things for but not a main present but I have managed to find something this year - I have had his favourite photo sketched and then i'm going to frame it for him. It wasn't a bad price and I got to preview it when they finished it and ask for details to be changed etc. It looks fabulous on the preview (by email) and now I'm just waiting for it to be posted. If you've been with your guy for ages you could get a drawing done of the two of you (from photos so its still a surprise) or have a different picture done if you haven't been together that long.

I am really struggling with what to get my Dad though - he's not into sports, likes his cars but has all the books, videos, paintings, accesories etc. If he wants something he buys it throughout the year normally. This is why I get a headache at christmas, and my brother is in Iraq so can't help me to buy our Dad a present!
    Socks. Always socks.
    well my bf is 20 and he doesn't have a car. He is so hard to buy things for it's a nightmare he's either got everything or the things he wants are too dear or he just says "i don't want that"

Yep! Im one of them dudes hehe :lol:

But.. if you get like real crap then thats not nice :hyper:
    well my bf is 20 and he doesn't have a car. He is so hard to buy things for it's a nightmare he's either got everything or the things he wants are too dear or he just says "i don't want that"

Tell him not to be such a picky git and he'll get what he is given.
    Beer-related merchandise is a fairly safe bet.

I'm pretty easy to buy for - just anything guitar/bass/rocknroll related will satisfy me.
    something funny from a gadget shop