Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am I unreasonable?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all...

Well, things are going fine with everything. But, my birthday is coming up in two weeks, and my girlfriend is very very busy for like the next 3.

My birthday and her best friend's birthday is 2 days apart, and she only has time to celebrate one. She says she has decided to have mine the week before, and her friend's on the day of mine. I kind of am a little chuffed about it honestly, on her birthday I took her out the night before, made everything special, but it seems I am somewhat getting the shaft here on mine.

It's not that huge of a deal, but I just feel kind of meh on it, as I was hoping to celebrate my birthday with her instead of some other time.

Am I being unreasonable to be a little annoyed by it, or is this proper logic? :eek2:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If those are the only two days she can do surely it would make sense to do your's on your birthday and her mates the week before? :confused:
    i'm sure she could make time. but at the same time, when in relationships you should sometimes put your friends first because often they'll be around more than the partner. lol, sorry not meaning to put a damper on things but i'm sure you know what i mean! how long have you been going out??
    Satai wrote:
    is this proper logic?
    It might be femilogic, but it's bloomin' cheeky.

What is she doing that's making her too busy to spend time with her boyfriend on his birthday?
    Yeh, i'd be pretty put out as well (but then again mine is the day after valentines day so depending on how well that day goes is going to affect my birthday feelings), but doing someone elses party on your own birthday is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
    People say that, at this stage, friends should come before partners but there's got to be certain times when partner comes first. Like birthdays.
    Can i just ask how she got to choose when there parties/celebrations are?? :S
    I would never do that to my guy. Just as i expect him to make a fuss of me on my birthday, i would definlety make a fuss of him. Unless there is a genuine really genuine reason for her being SO busy, i would personally be really upset and hurt. If i know i have loads on at uni, but also want to see my fiance, i'll stay up untill all hours finishing things. By the sounds of it she needs to make more of an effort!
    Jon_UK wrote:
    If those are the only two days she can do surely it would make sense to do your's on your birthday and her mates the week before? :confused:

that's exactly what i was gonna say but you beat me to it

sunflower :wave:
    We've been dating for a little over 4 months. I don't know what it is exactly, I understand the idea of important friends, but it does kind of hurt. Even though she seems to be really trying to make it a really nice night for me when we do celebrate it.

It's actually not a party being planned, just an outing with us two, then an outing with her friend and like, 2 other girls.

Meh, I don't know, I am kind of pissed, but I don't know how to convey it, without sounding too selfish. Meh...
    I would be really annoyed if I was you. If my gf did that to me I would get the right hump.

If I were you I would tell you how her not being there for oyu on your birthday day makes you feel. She can't have a go at you for having feelings, and especially not for telling her them. If she knows how you feel about this then maybe she will put a bit more effort in to see you on the day.
    if that day is the only day then she shud do something with her friend in the day and you at night or vise versaor you could all do something fun in the day together and then something just the two of you at night that way everyone is happy
    Well, I found out a little more about it. I guess the outing was pre-planned with her friends, and the other friends had already made arrangements to come, and the such.

I still don't like it, but I -guess- I understand, I mean, if she didn't go, she would miss out on her whole birthday, but with mine, whenever is whenever since it's just us two.

Meh, I don't really feel like stirring it up over something like that, I might feel different on my birthday, but, I guess it's okay. I swear, if we're still dating by my next birthday, and she does it again, hell's gonna break! :mad: