Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drug crime

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    I didnt say it was dangerous, i said it is not as addictive. Everyone who uses herion becomes addicted, but with alcohol you can take it or leave it. Obviously alcoholics become addicted and can not leave it, but most people can. Thats all i am saying.

Not everyone who takes heroin becomes addicted to it.
    subject13 wrote:
    Everyone who uses herion becomes addicted, .
    i realy don't know how such information is chucked about as fact.
    it's sinply not true.
    having spent a large part of my life involved with heroin i can assure you there are many recreational users of heroin who never get aaddicted.
    many ofthose who do get addicted carry on living hard working and honest decent lives.

not everyone lives in a no hope sink estate.
    if the drug trade relied mostly on thieves and social security it would never have gotten to be an industry that in the uk alone is worth up to a possible ten billion pounds a year.

name me some other industries in the uk that have ten billion quid as an anual turnover ...please.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Diamorphine is heroin,
    Technically the wrong way around, Heroin™ is diamorphine; same as nurofen™ is ibruprofen.

Nurofen is a trademark of The Boots Company PLC; Heroin is a trademark of The Bayer Company
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Technically the wrong way around, Heroin™ is diamorphine; same as nurofen™ is ibruprofen.

Nurofen is a trademark of The Boots Company PLC; Heroin is a trademark of The Bayer Company

Heroin is more than just a trademark now, it's common slang. Herion is to diamorphine as ecstasy is to MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
    erm... in reply....

well she stank of a smell i have smelt before when i have seen people and thought well they're on drugs. and they're all sort of greasy and weird looking. like they're not high on pills or cannabis so my next geuss is heroin. my mum knows what it smells like as well from working in the benefits office which i suppose i probs know it from as well from visiting her at work. and as for her eyes well, they were big and dark and droopy. i don't know what people's pupils are like when they're on heroin. and my suspicians of heroin were furthered as she had just come from the toilet (u have to ask to use the toilet at the coffee place and the people working there had let her in) and my boyfriend went in afterwards and the bowl was stuffed full of tissue and ther was blood (it wasn't period blood, the blood wasn't all over). yes i am ignorant to heroin abuse but i have met many mentally ill people and she wasn't mentally ill. that's what i thought at first but my opinion changed.

i do believe addicts need help and support but i also believe that there must be a reason for them to start and its harder for some people to stop than others. i don't know how real to life the book 'junk' is but it was based on real people and real life events, and the girl in that could give up easier than the rest because she had no real problems and so the people that live life normally whilst addicted should be able to get through life fine as they're just taking it to give somehting extra to their life, whereas those doing it to get away from somehting live for the drug and for their dependence on it and it destroys them. and if you do drugs for recreational purposes, hey i do them myself i just don't go as far as heroin.

i'm for legalising drugs as well. i think everything that people have said on the matter are right. reduce drug crimes and prostitution and all that but it also means that our government have to become pally with the people they're at war with so that's not going to happen.

i don't know i just think that drugs should come into it when charging someone. she's being charged for assault and theft and if it goes to court i'll get called up. the thing is its not just to with the drugs. its the fact that this weekend i've had bare amounts of work to do and my minds been preoccupied. i don't feel safe to be on my own in town anymore and i react differently to things. on saturday i was sat in the town square with my friend on my lunch break and this group of chavs came and sat on wither side of as and started acting like dickheads trying to intimidate us and the like. usually iw ould've just been like 'twats' but i actually got really shaken up and scared and its all because of that fucking bitch. i know its just petty crime and the police don't give a fuck but it affects people, which goes to say really that the drugs don't just affect the person who is on them, it affects the people around them as well. and if that girls mother gives two shits about her then its destroyed her mothers life as well. its not just the drugs its their affects on society.
    It sounds maybe like she took some cocaine and went mental. Seen it happening before, unhinged people and cocaine don't mix...but heroin isn't going to make her do that? Coke would certainly explain the eyes, although not the smell.
    please tell the people at the social insecurity that people DO NOT ...smell of heroin!
    why did i get involved with the stuff?
    curiosity.
    adventures of the mind.

please have a word with your mother.
    I was thinking there was something weird myself.

Although I've never came in contact with the drug myself, I doubt it transfers some smell onto the user.

Ooh look, that tramp smells of heroin!
    and yes ...do people for commiting whatever crimes they commit ...be they junkies lawyers or bin men ...what the hell their drug of choice wether it be chocolate alcohol danger or drugs has to do with it is beyond me ...
    and yes ...do people for commiting whatever crimes they commit ...be they junkies lawyers or bin men ...what the hell their drug of choice wether it be chocolate alcohol danger or drugs has to do with it is beyond me ...

Everything needs to have a reason and everyone needs someone to blame.
    turlough wrote:
    Everything needs to have a reason and everyone needs someone to blame.
    the reasons and excuses are usualy the same ...i needed ...i wanted.

mr blogs is a heroin addict and robbed to support his habbit.
    mr joe is an accountant and robbed cos he's a greedy bastard ...
    they both robbed ...punish them not for having a habbit ...not for being gtreedy but ...for the crimes they commited.
    the reasons and excuses are usualy the same ...i needed ...i wanted.

mr blogs is a heroin addict and robbed to support his habbit.
    mr joe is an accountant and robbed cos he's a greedy bastard ...
    they both robbed ...punish them not for having a habbit ...not for being gtreedy but ...for the crimes they commited.

In a practical world that would happen.

However Mr Blogs is a tramp and Mr Joe was just misguided.
    turlough wrote:
    In a practical world that would happen.

However Mr Blogs is a tramp and Mr Joe was just misguided.
    the vast majority of addicts are not tramps!
    greed is rarely misguided.
    the vast majority of addicts are not tramps!
    greed is rarely misguided.

Of course but say that to the masses.
    turlough wrote:
    say that to the masses.
    this is my soapbox!
    don't bend over to pick it up when you drop it though.
    turlough wrote:
    don't bend over to pick it up when you drop it though.
    safe in the american forces though ...
    thing is i've smelt that smell before and so has my mother and the people i've smelt it on weren't tramps. they were just greasy looking squatter types. and some the people that claim benefits and visit the agency are known drug users. they do afterall have a file and you can tell who's there because they're generally in a pickle and those that are on drugs and don't give a damn where they take a piss.

the things is as well if you find the motive behind the crime you can try to erradicate the motive and therefore erradicate the crime. i'm just saying she wouldn't have done the things she did if she wasn't drugs, if she didn't have that little extra confidence, that little extra thing that told her everything was going to be find because the world loved her.

the manager from the coffee place said he'd seen somehting similar happen before and that she probabl thought there were drugs in the bag, hence why she kept on asking me why my bf had gone to the toilet so many times as she'd just been in ther to shoot up or whatever the fuck she was in their for. i dunno, all speculation
    i dunno, all speculation
    indeedy!
    some very very strange beliefs and urban myths going around about drug users for sure.
    but ...saying that ...your mum only realy gets to see the minority at the bottom end of the scale ...
    so all these people who you guys know that do heroin but are not addicted, they have given up for long periofds of time have they? or altogether? With no side effects and no going off the wagon??

While some pople in the field do want the legalisation of drugs, many do not. Just because you do doesn't mean everyone does.

Its not been determined yet if genes play a role in addiction so we can't say its all biologically but nevertheless why take the risk? Its not hard to not take a drug or say no.

Ok some people in scotland have had a bad time. So have people in wales, england, america, australia, ethiopia, india et al. Doesn't mean everyone takes illegal drugs does it.
    Walkindude wrote:
    so all these people who you guys know that do heroin but are not addicted, they have given up for long periofds of time have they? or altogether? With no side effects and no going off the wagon??

Well if you take in once you wont get addicted (though you might have immediate health problems).

So, on that basis if you took it once a month, you would not become addicted.

So, you would have the heroin experience, it would fade, then you'd be back to normal.

BUT, there are quite a few people who pick up a habit this way. Once in a while as a treat becomes more regularly....
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well if you take in once you wont get addicted (though you might have immediate health problems).

So, on that basis if you took it once a month, you would not become addicted.

So, you would have the heroin experience, it would fade, then you'd be back to normal.

BUT, there are quite a few people who pick up a habit this way. Once in a while as a treat becomes more regularly....

And the hence the regualrly becomes addiction proving the point that it is highly addictive.

And if you say it isn't then well, why do certain evil men who prey on young vunerable girls, lule them into security or downright kidnap them, shoot them full of heroin and then say they have to go on the game? Because its highly addictive thats why, and one big shot and they are hooked. They go on the game not on his say so alone, but because they are addicted.
    Walkindude wrote:

Yes, some people manage to take heroin very occasionally, off and on for a number of years.
    Walkindude wrote:
    While some pople in the field do want the legalisation of drugs, many do not. Just because you do doesn't mean everyone does.

Most people who work in the drugs field support legalisation.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Its not been determined yet if genes play a role in addiction so we can't say its all biologically but nevertheless why take the risk? Its not hard to not take a drug or say no.

Ok some people in scotland have had a bad time. So have people in wales, england, america, australia, ethiopia, india et al. Doesn't mean everyone takes illegal drugs does it.

:banghead:
    Walkindude wrote:
    And if you say it isn't then well, why do certain evil men who prey on young vunerable girls, lule them into security or downright kidnap them, shoot them full of heroin and then say they have to go on the game? Because its highly addictive thats why, and one big shot and they are hooked. They go on the game not on his say so alone, but because they are addicted.

NO, one shot of anything isnt enough to get a habit, especially heroin.

Some prostitutes are heroin addicts, because heroin is expencive and its a way to make money. If heroin was available on prescription they wouldnt have to do this.
    Walkindude wrote:
    one big shot and they are hooked. .
    :lol:
    you need to use about a fivers worth a day for about a month to get an addiction.

i find it scary ...the scare tactics that have been used to fill you people with crap!
    Walkindude wrote:
    most people were actualy having a good time ...a fine old life when they decided to try any illegal drug going.
    ask sir paul mcartney or sir mick jagger or keith richards or will self and a bazillion other people.
    yeah and all those rich rockstars could afford the habit and then afford all the top notch rehab and therapy when they wanted to come off it.

I don't see many people of the council estates checking into the priory.

Look, just becasue YOU support legalisation doesn't mean they all do. Every drug worker and ex-addict I have seen and heard has never recommended legalising drugs.

And yes, one shot can get you addicted. Hence why trying it once is dangerous.

I worry that you actually belive the pro-drugs propaganda you write here.
    Walkindude wrote:
    And yes, one shot can get you addicted. Hence why trying it once is dangerous.

I worry that you actually belive the pro-drugs propaganda you write here.

I dont think you could call anything I have written in this thread or the huge amounts I have written in the Drugs section as 'pro-drugs'.

No drug on earth is physically addictive from the first shot, whether you do it again and go on to get addicted is always a choice.
    cocaine, crack, smack, crystal meth are not addictive after one hit? really?
    Walkindude wrote:
    cocaine, crack, smack, crystal meth are not addictive after one hit? really?

I know lots of people who have taken cocaine and not liked it or didnt think it was that nice, so no, they didnt go on to be addicts.

Both crack and smoked methamphetamine are addictive, but they are not addictive from the first try, people choose to do more because they enjoyed the first hit, its a choice not a compulsion.