Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mornington Crescent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm bored - therefore, who fancies a game of the time-honoured classic?

I'll start with -

LATIMER ROAD

Comments

• Options
    Whoops - forgot to mention that in order to maintain an element of simplicity for our newer players, the rules shall be the 2002 Livingstone Integrated Transport rules, complete with Victoria Line bonus clause.
  • Options
    :confused: i dont get it
  • Options
    Just wait for people to start playing - you'll pick it up as you go along
  • Options
    i'll move to charing cross
  • Options
    Ooh, cunning my friend. You leave me no alternative but...

Osterley
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    :confused: i dont get it

Me neither.

A good idea dr_carter would be to provide a set of instructions to people who haven't played the game before.

Another good idea would be to try to stay at a limit of starting one thread per day.
  • Options
    i dont get it either
  • Options
    Cockfosters
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Another good idea would be to try to stay at a limit of starting one thread per day.

How many has he started? I can only see 2, which isn't many at all.

On topic, I'm not sure of the game rules really either. I've watched people play before, but it just seems pretty random and nonsensical to me.
  • Options
    I would post a summary of the rules, but that would be unnecessary and time-wasting considering that there's barely anybody in the civilized world who doesn't understand this game.
    My best advice to you is watch us play for a while.

Oh, and my next play requires a devious use of the 1964 Folkoff Determination to avoid Knip, and therefore I jump to
    GOLDERS GREEN
  • Options
    Hampstead

I know it close but i fancy a cream tea
  • Options
    dr_carter wrote:
    I would post a summary of the rules, but that would be unnecessary and time-wasting considering that there's barely anybody in the civilized world who doesn't understand this game.

Oh, and my next play requires a devious use of the 1964 Folkoff Determination to avoid Knip, and therefore I jump to
    GOLDERS GREEN
    dont be a twat. Theres loads of people who havent got a fucking clue what youre going on about. You keep saying "watch how it develops" but since its only you and wyetry that have heard of it, i somehow dont think ill keep watching.
  • Options
    Interesting...

Straight to Colliers Wood, via Bank branch
  • Options
    dr_carter wrote:

Well theres at least three of us here who don't, and I personally have seen people play before and it seems to be nonsensical and random, so I don't currently understand the rules. Hence asking for an explanation. Don't be so condescending.
  • Options
    Dollis Hill!
  • Options
    As you know, you've taken a Death token and rendered everything south of the river inaccessible until an appropriate bus service is used...

Turnham Green
  • Options
    You seem to have overlooked the rules set in place in anticipation of the 1977 Jubilee parade which now allow me to proceed to Dollis Hill.
  • Options
    dr_carter wrote:
    As you know, you've taken a Death token and rendered everything south of the river inaccessible until an appropriate bus service is used...

Turnham Green

Nice to see you ignoring both mine and RB's posts about explaining the game.
  • Options
    Nice to see you ignoring both mine and RB's posts about explaining the game.
    There's a bomb scare at Dollis Hill apparently, so I'll flee to Cockfosters till it all calms down. Sorry if that scuppers anyone's plans to bring out the Humpty Dumpty move.
  • Options
    Yes, but the 1986 International Convention decreed that such an adjustment was contrary to the 'Sundays and Other Public Holidays' guidelines set down by Albert Statton prior to the VE Day celebrations of 1945 and therefore overruled the decision to invoke the same concept in the 1984 European Championships.

Which therefore means your move counts as cloistering and requires a Rushton Quadrant switch to be played to return to the proper course... as such

Tottenham Hale
  • Options
    And of course, Dr. Carter, you now get another move for successfully pulling off a triangular manoevre. Nice one!
  • Options
    In that case, I shall slide gracefully into...

PARK ROYAL
  • Options
    im gonna go for Elephant and Castle.
    I know its a tricky one though.
  • Options
    Hmm... was that beginner's luck?

You've painted me into a corner and closed off the entire Hammersmith and City Line, resulting in me having to execute a NatWest Gambit and jump to

HAINAULT
  • Options
    this was done not long ago.

I cant even be bothered to join in.

Anyone who's interested, read up on wikipedia about it. The rules are more simple than you might think.
  • Options
    im gonna go for Elephant and Castle.
    I know its a tricky one though.

Wow, that's incredibly brave for a newcomer. I was just about to suggest that all those who haven't played before start off with Embankment until they get warmed up, but you've jumped right in at the deep end. Nice one!
  • Options

Anyone who's interested, read up on wikipedia about it. The rules are more simple than you might think.
    Illegal move.

If you move from Elephant and Castle to Hainault, does that not force me to go via Temple? That's not open on a Sunday so I'm shafted.

Of course that does leave it wide open for Mornington Crescent!
  • Options

Rulebreaker!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Illegal move.

If you move from Elephant and Castle to Hainault, does that not force me to go via Temple? That's not open on a Sunday so I'm shafted.

lol
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Illegal move.

It would do had it not been for last year's decision to allow movement to other District Line stations on days which are multiples of 2...