Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Subtle hints?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, let's drop in some of the background here.

I really like this girl, don't know if she likes me (cliche I know).

Anyway, there's the Uni Christmas Ball coming up mid-December, and it's being organised by the Boat Club. Being such a loyal member that I am (and anxious to raise money so we can drag ourselves out of the debt we're currently in, but that's irrelevant) I have been working to get as many people as I can to buy tickets, the girl in question included.

Anyway, I chat to her quite a lot, she stops randomly for a chat here and there... but anyway, she's asked me on two separate occasions now whether i'm going with someone - and I didn't lead her into it by mentioning anything of the sort.

On the first occasion, I said 'Hi' to her and asked her if she'd bought her ticket yet, and she replied 'No, not yet... so have you got anyone to go with yet?'

On the second occasion she steered the conversation onto the ball and asked me.

I may be reading too much into this but - do you think she may be dropping hints?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    erm... sounds like it!
    Possibly, but....

Sounds like it, but she could possibly be fishing for a friend.
    I forgot to mention that when I did tell her I didn't have anyone to go with, she told me that her house was basically going as a group - although maybe that's because I didn't immediately grab the bait and ask her?!?
    Meh... I suppose that would be the sensible option wouldn't it?!?
    well you dont need to put it so rudely some people are shy and not sure what to do in a postion like this, anyway well when you next have a chat with this lady friend of yours just drop it in and sort of say are you going with anyone? and if she says no say would you like to go with me?

Worth a try! :thumb:
    I guess anything's worth a try - I think next time i'm chatting to her, if she asks me - i'd better damn-well get in there and say 'no, would you like to go with me' or something along those lines... but I dunno about asking her? Seems a bit pushy...
    Tell us how you get on!
    Indeed - may pop round and see her tonight actually seeing as how she only lives next door (joys of halls of residence)
    ask her if she wants to go, dont make it so obvious as a date, she might think shes going as friends, which to be honest is better than nothing, and see how the night progresses
    Update - she's now said to me that she can't afford to go (hasn't yet bought a ticket)

HOWEVER another occupant of her house says she is going, already has a ticket...

Said other occupant also mentioned me in passing 'he's a groovy friend of mine, do you know him, he's helping to organise the ball thing, he thinks you're woof...' and apparently she seemed flattered, giggled, went pink and said she already talked to me a few times...

Confused...
    dr_carter wrote:
    Update - she's now said to me that she can't afford to go (hasn't yet bought a ticket)

HOWEVER another occupant of her house says she is going, already has a ticket...

Said other occupant also mentioned me in passing 'he's a groovy friend of mine, do you know him, he's helping to organise the ball thing, he thinks you're woof...' and apparently she seemed flattered, giggled, went pink and said she already talked to me a few times... Confused...
    You're confused? Same here. Saying she CAN'T afford to go either suggests she doesn't want to go with you (in which case she isn't worth bothering with) or she's simply too embarrassed. (in which case you should be flattered) Give her a bit of time, see what else she has to say.
    If she didn't want to go with me - surely she wouldn't be interested in whether or not I have someone to go with...

I dunno - you know those irritating signals that they sometimes give out? Where it could be that they fancy you and then again it could be that they just think you're a top bloke and like chatting to you.... meh...
    dr_carter wrote:
    If she didn't want to go with me - surely she wouldn't be interested in whether or not I have someone to go with...

I dunno - you know those irritating signals that they sometimes give out? Where it could be that they fancy you and then again it could be that they just think you're a top bloke and like chatting to you.... meh...
    This, and other events recently in my life just make me wonder, why do women have to make these things so complicated? :( :banghead:
    Has anyone seen the Bollywood movie Hum-Tum?

Very telling line in there...

"We need women more than they need us."

How true - and they know it.
    Maybe she is angling to get someone ie you to pay for her

Otherwise i'd say just leave it and if she turns up make a move on her then...
    Well it was an optimum opportunity for 'stuff' to happen, and now it's gone all arse above tit...
    I think the only way you'll know is by doing what GWST said and asking her straight out. Maybe if you're a bit shy you could sort of get the conversation back onto the do and then sort of drop in that it would have cool if she was going or something and you'd been looking forward to seeing her there?
    By the way, do people still use the word groovy :blush:
    Latest update - her friend says she thinks she's going with me and i'm getting her a ticket... what do I do now?!? I never agreed to that i'm sure...
    Jeez. This girl sounds like a tramp, unless of course the tickets are £4500 or something. Sounds as if she's wanting a friend to go with just. We can't really tell though, us mere mortals on thesite... :confused: