Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i think ive found a lump

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I've jsut found a lump in my vagina. It felt weird down there so I felt around and about as far as my fingers go in there was something in the way, kind of squishy. It definitely hasn't been there before. I managed to squeeze it and it felt fleshy and squishy, and when I squeezed it it didn't hurt, like there were no feelings in it. I poked it and it made a dimple, as if it wasn't entirely solid, like it was smaller inside than the outside bit, yet not as if it wasn't all one thing.
I don't know what to do. It's 10pm on a Saturday night and I've looked at all the links on thesite for my area (York at the moment) and nothing is open and all my flatmates are out and I really don't know what to do. Just crying and shaking. I can't call anywhere because I have no credit on my phone. please help. or tell me that it's normal, which you won't because it isn't. I'm so scared it's cervical cancer, and the lump is a tumor. I can't think of anything else it would be.

Comments

• Options
    where abouts?

are you sure it's not just something that hasn't been there all along? as in do you check yourself regularly?

if you're worried get yourself down to your GP on monday morning and until then stop worrying. you'll just get yourself worked up.
  • Options
    Believe me, I know what it's like to find a lump and automatically assume Cancer - there are a lot of things it could be before that.

So I'm assuming you've found a lump on your cervix? Or was it actually on a vaginal wall? If it's on your cervix, it could be what is known as a Nabothian cyst - I've got one meself.

If I were you I'd make an appointment to have a pelvic just to get it checked out. In the meantime, you can always check out NHS Direct's webpage
  • Options
    It's before the cervix, on the roof of my vagina. It didn't have any feeling in it. I'll try and get an appointment on Monday. Thanks you two. I'm still worried sick but it helps saying it, albeit online.
  • Options
    it's natural to assume the worst but try not to. noone can tell you what it is but the chances of it being cancer are slim. get to the doctors on monday and hopefully theyll be able to put your mind at rest :)
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Believe me, I know what it's like to find a lump and automatically assume Cancer - there are a lot of things it could be before that.

:yes:

there are LOADS of things it could be, and the vast majority of them are not serious at all. did you know they raised the age of first smear tests from 20 to 25, cause the incidence of cervical cancer in under 25s was so stupidly small? i'm not saying it definitely isn't, but it's really, really REALLY unlikely.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    did you know they raised the age of first smear tests from 20 to 25, cause the incidence of cervical cancer in under 25s was so stupidly small?.
    Yeah I read that on here just now when I was frantically searching for info! I really hope it's not.