Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dental care - do I pay full price?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, wasn't sure where this should be but think this is the most appropriate...

Do full time students pay full price dental care? Any info would be great, I'm going to the welfare office in my SU tomorrow but I'd like to know more about it before I just wander on in.

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hey, wasn't sure where this should be but think this is the most appropriate...

Do full time students pay full price dental care? Any info would be great, I'm going to the welfare office in my SU tomorrow but I'd like to know more about it before I just wander on in.

Thanks!

What I've been told is that you have to pay unless you have an exemption certificate.
  • Options
    You pay full NHS rates unless you have an exemption or pre-payment certificate AFAIK. If you are under the age of 19, and studying in England. Students studying in Wales and Scotland have different rules.

It's the same rules as with prescription costs.
  • Options
    Ta very much for the info
  • Options
    as all above have said you pay ful price if your over 19, you can get an exemption as far a im aware its called an HC1 form, you probaly get it from your dentist/chemist.