Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

DWP are a joke

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hiya i am looking for a job but i am only 13 nearly 14 so is there any chance u could help me out getting one? if there is email me at jade2238@msn.com tnx cya x
    ok but like how do i get to go to these interviews what do i ave to do to get to them ?
    peachy69 wrote:
    1. HALF MY STAFF ARE ON THE SICK WITH STRESS DUE TO JOBCUTS AND BEING OVERWORKED.!tHE SIMPLE FACT OF THE MATTER IS WE DON'T HAVE THE STAFF ANYMORE TO PROCESS ALL YOUR BLOODY CLAIMS TO BENEFIT.

Not my problem.

And no explanation, nothing. Not even an apology. There was one bloke in the entire JSP who gave a toss, the rest of them didn't even have the dignity to speak to me.

Sixteen weeks I waited for my money. I nearly lost my house twice, and had red letters teeming through the letterbox. Do you think that me nearly being bankrupted because I waited nearly FOUR MONTHS for my money is "being unreasonable"?

If you do you're in the wrong fucking job.

Do I care if you are a bit overworked? Not when I'm being threatened with court, no.

And yes, when I have a girlfriend in tears at another bank red letter, yes, I do get a bit narked that jobcentre staff don't do their fucking job properly. It's not that hard.

And they didn't even have the fucking decency to apologise to me for making me beg for money from parents for four sodding months. Not a whisper from them.

If you think I'm being a "whinger" for getting narked at not getting a penny for four fucking months then you ARE a cunt.
    jade wrote:
    hiya i am looking for a job but i am only 13 nearly 14 so is there any chance u could help me out getting one? if there is email me at jade2238@msn.com tnx cya x

Start a new thread if you want someone to notice your problem.

To answer, get a paper-round. Children under the age of 16 are severely restricted by law as to how much work they can do, and most companies don't take children on for this reason.
    Oh Dear....

"Not my problem" says Kermit...

...but it obviously is.

If you didn't get any money for so long because there were no staff and the ones who were left were doing the work of three people, it is your problem.

Please enlighten us on what held your claim up for 16 weeks. I'd be fascinated to find out.

Jobseekers Allowance is what it says on the tin. You get an allowance for seeking jobs. You don't apply for them, you fuck around on courses and get thrown off, you give up your rights.

The days when someone could sit on their arse till the perfect job comes up are long gone.
    Tool wrote:
    If you didn't get any money for so long because there were no staff and the ones who were left were doing the work of three people, it is your problem.
    It is your problem if you can't afford to eat, the DWP should be doing their job and helping people to get money on time. Imagine if he had had two kids to look afterand he were a single parent (by the way the DWP get extra points for gettng single parents back in to work... just a fact). The delay is the fault of them being understaffed, not poor performance in the offices...

Then again, my local council are shit and sometimes there seems to be absolutely no excuse.
    peachy69 wrote:
    I agree, and I,m glad Im not Kermit too!! I happen to work for DWP!
    1. HALF MY STAFF ARE ON THE SICK WITH STRESS DUE TO JOBCUTS AND BEING OVERWORKED.!tHE SIMPLE FACT OF THE MATTER IS WE DON'T HAVE THE STAFF ANYMORE TO PROCESS ALL YOUR BLOODY CLAIMS TO BENEFIT. The staff do give a shit and work their arses off trying to claims through but when you have your staff drastically reduced you're banging your head against a brick wall. You then have arseholes like Kermit constantly ringing asking wheres my money so no one can get any work done. I admit the system stinks but we don't get an easy ride either. as for new deal I was New Deal Adviser and that is a thankless task as most of the customers are a complete waste of space . Most of them don't realise they are supposed to look for A job, not the job of their dreams. And yes you are forced to do training courses, but quite frankly if you haven't sorted yourself by the time you have been signing for 18 months then what do you expect.Some people expect a free ride in this world at the taxpayers expense. My advice to you is enrol at college for free lessons, make sure they are under 15 hours/week and inform jobcentre.Get several copies of your cv and send them to as many employers as possible, offer yourself for work trials, ask any adviser in a jobcentre about these. Work for free if you have to. Stop messing about in chat rooms until you have a job, after all you could be spending this time more productively by actually looking for work! sorry if I swore! And by the way I only stumbled on this site and thread as I was researching something for work and this came up. :mad:

Of course it's a struggle when job cuts are made the way they were with the DWP, but your attitude quite frankly stinks. Referring to people as "arseholes" simply because they are enquiring as to what is going on regarding their claim, makes you sound like a hard bitch. Sometimes you don't even get as much as a letter for months on end, and in the meantime you are struggling to survive. Don't you think they are entitled to be worried and anxious. Sure, you get your fair share of dossers, but any frontline workers have to deal with pricks regardless of the industry.
    Tool wrote:
    Please enlighten us on what held your claim up for 16 weeks. I'd be fascinated to find out.

Moronic JCP staff who couldn't do their fucking jobs properly.

I'm against the Treasury-forced job cuts too, but hey, I'm not getting blamed by some jumped up mong for their fuck up. Me asking where my money is so, you know, I could afford to eat is not being "unreasonable". The attitude of this poster is everything that's wrong with the DWP- if someone complains, they're wrong, not the dozy little shitbag who couldn't be arsed to do their job.

It's not my problem that they're understaffed. The fact I could only eat by begging from the parents was my problem. Did the JCP staff give a flying fuck? Of course not. Arseholes.

Oh, and quit the smug bollocks. I'd actually had two interviews and found a job by the time the JCP got their finger out and paid me what I was owed.
    What's wrong with working for your benefit money?.

A few things. Firstly its my tax money being used to increase the profit of a private company. That ain't right. Secondly, forcing people into crappy dead end jobs can be extremely damaging to their health. I work with recovering drug users, helping them access training, education and employment. The jobcentres often undo the work that I've done with clients by forcing them onto totally unsuitable training and "work experience" schemes (which are just free labour for private companies), putting them in danger of relapse. Unfortunately, New Deal is compulsory once someone has been on JSA for a certain amount of time and a lot of JCP advisors don't give a shit about individual people's needs - its all about the stats.
    peachy69 wrote:
    Most of them don't realise they are supposed to look for A job, not the job of their dreams. And yes you are forced to do training courses, but quite frankly if you haven't sorted yourself by the time you have been signing for 18 months then what do you expect.Some people expect a free ride in this world at the taxpayers expense.

This is exactly the sort of shitty attitude I'm talking about. Look - if someone is longterm unemployed, its a fair bet they have some problems. Mental health, alcohol, drugs, emotional etc. Why do you think that having a job is the answer to everything?
    Dwp

Kermit, dear, you obviously didn't notice my italics. Please pay attention before launching a verbal assault...

I asked about the reasons for your delay because, in case you didn't realise it, Jobcentre staff DO NOT process claims for JSA. They check through your forms, interview you, then send the forms to staff at the Benefits Agency to do the actual processing.

Now THAT is a different story, because these staff don't have to face the anger of claimants who aren't getting their money. Jobcentre staff haven't processed JSA claims since Oct '96. They just have to do the public-facing element of the job. In other words, BA staff can take forever cos they don't have to suffer any shit resulting from their actions, whereas Jobcentre staff have to take all the shit for stuff that usually isn't their fault.

This is why I asked for the reason for your delay. Did you not give all the information needed? Did your former employer drag their feet about supplying details to the BA staff? Apart from rubbishing the Jobcentre staff, you haven't explained.

Some Jobcentre staff have never been unemployed and so have no concept of what it is like to live on benefits. On the other hand, many staff have gone from one side of the counter to the other, and these staff will obviously have more empathy with the claimants.

I am one of these. I spent 8 years on the dole (with a family to try and feed), and now I am one of the 'cunts' myself.

Have a nice day :)
    I am far from a hard nosed bitch, I have endless thank youletters from customers in my local jobcentre where I work as CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER. I will bend over backwards to help anyone but not those who come in and threaten my staff and swear. that is the point I was making. It is always the same ones who kick off. We don't get paid to take verbal abuse off anyone. When your staff are so stressed and overworked the last thing they need is some plonker coming in and kicking off at them. Perhaps if some people were a bit more polite to the staff and realised they don't make the rules they may find they might a better customer service from the staff. I personally will not tolerate verbal abuse where I work and anyone who does start with an attitude I politely tell to leave. Treat me and my staff with respect and they will get the same level of respect back. I admit the system stinks and people are waiting too long for their money but we can't do anything about it and things are about to get even worse as more jobcuts are coming. Perhaps if you took the time to talk to jobcentre staff like human beings and let someone explain the system you may be surprised. Did you go in and call them all 'cunts' at any time i wonder!
    Blagsta wrote:
    This is exactly the sort of shitty attitude I'm talking about. Look - if someone is longterm unemployed, its a fair bet they have some problems. Mental health, alcohol, drugs, emotional etc. Why do you think that having a job is the answer to everything?
    because to claim JSA you must be atively looking and available for work thats why!! there is help for those that need it and any decent adviser should be referring customers to external agencies if they have problems. but at the end of the day we aren't mind readers and if someone doesn't want the help we can't force them to help themselves. nothing is free in this world and no one has the right to expect society to pay for them all the way.Its hardworking tax payers money which supports the benefits system. the trouble with society is that a lot of people think it is there right. try living somewhere in the third world and you may realise how lucky you actually are to have a welfare state in the first place.As far as drugs and alcohol goes they are 2 things I a'm afraid i don't have any sympathy for. they got themselves in the mess in the first place, and from experience very few will accept any help to get out of it.bear in mind i am living in one of the drugs capitals of the country, so i come across a lot and see the consequences of their addictions also.
    well all i can say whoever gave such a foul mouthed jumped up prick like yourself a job wants their head examined!! I f you spoke to staff in the jobcentrre with the kind of attitude you have here is it any wonder you got no help. I for one wouldn't have gone the extra mile for anyone like yourself. And it is your problem the jobcuts because believe me, things are going to get alot worse. All the staff feel shit about not being able to process claims and advisers in jobcnetres are under so much pressure you wouldn't believe it. we are expected to find jobs out of thin air to meet out ridicolouss targets. Lets hope you change your attitude next time to claim because I seriously doubt you will be able to hold down a job for long with your attitude on life!
    Blagsta wrote:
    Christ, some of you are so fucking judgemental. :mad:

isnt calling someone judgemental being judgemental yourself?
    Peachy, respect has to be earned, and Im afraid that the clientele that you control by having the legitamite authority to direct their financial lives doesnt get you respect just contempt. The whole system isnt designed for our 'welfare' that is why we are classed as 'customers' and not spongers and there to be talked down to, thats if you can even be bothered to acknowledge our existence, anyone who has experience waiting to sign on will know this. The bottom line is Peachy, if it wasnt for us 'arseholes' you wouldnt be in a job!
    waster wrote:
    isnt calling someone judgemental being judgemental yourself?

Eh?
    peachy69 wrote:
    because to claim JSA you must be atively looking and available for work thats why!!

So why are loads of my clients on JSA then? When they should be on IS? (I'm a P2W worker btw).
    peachy69 wrote:
    there is help for those that need it and any decent adviser should be referring customers to external agencies if they have problems.

Yes, well, this is the problem. Decent advisors seem to be few and far between. Most advisors don't actually know where to refer people to, most haven't even heard of P2W.
    peachy69 wrote:
    but at the end of the day we aren't mind readers and if someone doesn't want the help we can't force them to help themselves.

The point is, that forcing people on New Deal doesn't help people.
    peachy69 wrote:
    nothing is free in this world and no one has the right to expect society to pay for them all the way.

What on earth are you on about?
    peachy69 wrote:
    Its hardworking tax payers money which supports the benefits system. the trouble with society is that a lot of people think it is there right. try living somewhere in the third world and you may realise how lucky you actually are to have a welfare state in the first place.As far as drugs and alcohol goes they are 2 things I a'm afraid i don't have any sympathy for. they got themselves in the mess in the first place, and from experience very few will accept any help to get out of it.bear in mind i am living in one of the drugs capitals of the country, so i come across a lot and see the consequences of their addictions also.

Yep, you've got a really shitty attitude. Its JCP advisors like you that cause the fucking problems. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    peachy69 wrote:
    well all i can say whoever gave such a foul mouthed jumped up prick like yourself a job wants their head examined!! I f you spoke to staff in the jobcentrre with the kind of attitude you have here is it any wonder you got no help. I for one wouldn't have gone the extra mile for anyone like yourself. And it is your problem the jobcuts because believe me, things are going to get alot worse. All the staff feel shit about not being able to process claims and advisers in jobcnetres are under so much pressure you wouldn't believe it. we are expected to find jobs out of thin air to meet out ridicolouss targets. Lets hope you change your attitude next time to claim because I seriously doubt you will be able to hold down a job for long with your attitude on life!

Yet another example of the shitty attitudes of some JCP staff. You seem to think that you're doing people a personal favour by sorting their claim out.

Get over yerself love.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Eh?

:rolleyes:

You said some people are so judgemental, therefore, you are judging them.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
    waster wrote:
    :rolleyes:

You said some people are so judgemental, therefore, you are judging them.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

What a shit post.
    Blagsta wrote:
    What a shit post.

Yea I know, when I have to go down to your level and explain everything in MotherCare terms it kind of defeats the point.
    waster wrote:
    Yea I know, when I have to go down to your level and explain everything in MotherCare terms it kind of defeats the point.

What does this add to the thread? Apart from enabling you to be a twat.
    Blagsta wrote:
    What does this add to the thread? Apart from enabling you to be a twat.

if you have nothing better to do then insult me, then Im sorry for your process of thought.
    waster wrote:
    if you have nothing better to do then insult me, then Im sorry for your process of thought.

Errrr...you're the one that started derailing the thread. Why, I don't know. :confused:
    peachy69 wrote:
    well all i can say whoever gave such a foul mouthed jumped up prick like yourself a job wants their head examined!!

Your attitude fucking stinks.

I'm a "foul mouthed jumped up prick" because I dare to complain that I nearly lost everything. No wonder you get so much abuse off your clients, if you have that attitude. You deserve it, and the clients know it, and you know it.

To sit there and call me "jumped up" is really quite laughable, you obnoxious person.

I was right. If you think my treatment by JCP was acceptable, then you ARE a cunt.

As Blagsta says, you are symptomatic of everything that's wrong with JCP.

A few things:

1. I am always very polite to people in customer service roles. I've done enough of them.
    2. The branch staff were excellent, the problem was the people up the road who couldn't do their jobs. No apology from them; the branch staff were apologetic, but it doesn't count from them because it wasn't their fault.
    3. I am well aware the forms were processed elsewhere.
    4. That the forms were processed in an office with JOB CENTRE PLUS on the door makes me think it is JCP staff doing it.

Don't try and be clever with me.
    Having considered this post some more, I aren't quite so certain.

If you are given commitments then you should go to them. I don't have sympathy with those who don't attend because "it's a waste of my time"; it may well be, but them's the rules. You want the money, you play by the rules.

This applies to the OP more than anything else. Freethemoron missed the point, but then it always does.

On a wider scale, the New Deal system absolutely stinks. It doesn't help people get jobs or get well enough to get jobs, all it does is take them off the unemployed list and make them spend their time doing soul-destroying menial tasks.

New Deal is the worst thing that can happen to many drug abusers, as it undoes most of the work done by Probation and by drug abuse professionals. It fails to stretch people, it fails to educate people, and it fails to give them any feeling of self-worth. All of which are vital to getting people into work, as most people don't like being spongers.

Peachy appears to be one of those minion civil servants who thinks that they are doing the world a favour, and everyone should bow down and kiss their feet. And she is symptomatic of the very worst of JCP managers, those who think that anyone who dares to complain about anything is a "scrounger", and that if they get a job their employer "needs their head examined". The failings of the JCP are mostly when obnoxious and smug managers decide that every client is scum, and that these scum are wasting everybody's time by breathing.

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything, but it amuses me because I'm probably much less scummy and stupid than her.
    Bravo, funny how our society has been conditioned to talk down to the single mums on benefit or anyone who enters a jobcentre to beg for their entitlements, but at the same time dont bat an eyelid to tens of millions of pounds in tax breaks for ultra rich multinational corporations to set up shop here. Little mention is also made in how much money is wasted in making craters in Iraqs topography. Were not the scroungers, people like peachy is who live on our backs, its because of us that she has a job aswell as dozens of other paper shufflers and high paid public execs who administer the whole welfare system, they are the real scroungers.
    And to think that post started out with a point.

As someone who is paid indirectly from the government purse, not all CS staff are spongers. Fool.
    Kermit wrote:
    And to think that post started out with a point.

As someone who is paid indirectly from the government purse, not all CS staff are spongers. Fool.

I wasnt referring to every branch of the civil service, sorry If I wasnt lucid enough in my post. Im tired of the layers and layers of parasites within these state run bureacracies NHS DWP etc who administer a system which is supposedly for the best interests of the most vulnerable but in reality they line thier own pockets nicely whilst ensuring to keep people in the poverty trap.

Dont think it is by chance that so many people have problems getting the service/entitlements they need it is purposefully designed this way to put people off, and it works.