Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Working abroad-jobs online?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I am asking on behalf of my bro because I don't think googling will result in the best most suitable option.

Do you know of any specific websites that my bro should look on in regards to working abroad as a chef? He has done his nvq or will have by the time he is ready to go and although he worked away last year it was somewhere we had holidayed so not an entirely new place.

I think he is after something like a jobs database or something with links but I know that you guys will know of a safer way than plain old googling-I don't think that will produce the best results!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where?
    Has he tried industry magazines? The restaurant I used to work in used to get loads of magazines every month and the back twenty or so pages were all taken up by job adverts for various agencies. They might give him some further leads.

Also, has he tried finding any large companies based out there (hotel chains, perhaps) which might have their own websites with vancany sections.
    kentish he hasn't exactly said.

He was looking at france ski resorts-he actually turned a job down at one because of staying on to do his nvq-he is all over the place with his job mentally now. He hates it as they really are abusing him so he wants out-he wants his life again where he yeh-did 12 hour shifts but at least he got paid for it and got to make nice friends. He almost quit-he has got very down and I think he asked me to find out to sort of give him something to look forward too! Though he has a place in the summer so not sure how he will fit another place in! I may do another thread at some point with more details about his issues at work as this was not what this thread was aimed at!

I'll suggest that though Crystal tipps! Good idea!
    How about a cruise ship? I'd imagine that would be pretty cool for a chef.