Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come Downs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I've done E A few times now, and I havent had a come down. I've taken 5 to 6 pills and felt better than I did the day before I went clubbing, I dont hit it hard or anything maybe go clubbing 2 every 3 months. I also dont get hangovers unless I drink shit loads.
Anyone else get this or do you have to hide from friends and family for a few days.

Comments

• Options
    A friend of mine who is a regular e user never used to get comedowns until about a year ago. Now he gets them quite badly. I suppose it varies and changes over time for some people.
  • Options
    I suppose the more you use the more seratonin you drain. I only use E recreationally on the odd weekend, so I foresee no problems. what is a come down actually like?
  • Options
    Well, in my single experience of a comedown, it feels like you're really tired but can't go to sleep. But in all honesty, I had much much worse times with my depression. Not sure if it's worth it to experience it again, but I'm glad I did, and hopefully it will make me a better doctor. My $0.02

Out of my friends who are regular rec users, they say they just generally feel pretty rotten, again, the sleeplessness but feeling tired, and quite on edge. A friend of mine uses visualisation techniques to get through it and they also take a couple of sleeping pills to kick start them into sleeping through it.
  • Options
    depending how many i do really. if its just 3-7 im ok, but if its one of those nights wen yer just do loads, say 12-17, the come down is pretty bad. I usually tend to drink quite a lot of beer to get me to sleep, which probably doesnt help.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I never used to get comedowns either but now I do suffer quite badly. It's the reason why I've almost completey stopped.

I've only taken pills 3 or 4 times this year.

A comedown depends on a lot of other factors too, how much you've had to drink, sleep, eat etc.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my comedowns just leave me feeling a bit pooey and drained. Cant really explain how i feel. Nothing that cant be hidden from parents or anything. Usually just feel like i wanna have a spliff and just sit there watching tv in bed all day without moving....but i am a lazy bitch anyway :D
  • Options
    speed comedowns are the worst ;[
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    speed comedowns are the worst ;[

Yep. Because you can't sleep for hours the whole unpleasant experience of the comedown is prolonged...not nice. Partly why i don't take speed.
  • Options
    Its totally personal, some people get them really badly, others dont, some hate the speed comedown, others quite like it.

I think expectations have a lot to do with it, if you think you have over done it then you will expect to feel worse. But I think it is the length of the session which is the biggest factor because I think a lot of the nastiness of the comedown is extreme tiredness.
  • Options
    due to whole days, or more, getting fucked up

Exactly, if you stay up for 36 hours straight, you will feel like you are on a comedown even if you havent taken anything.
  • Options
    I hate speed comedowns.

I never used to get comedowns but the last 3 or 4 months of my use the comedowns were atroscious, just couldn't handle the shit associated with it all.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, if you stay up for 36 hours straight, you will feel like you are on a comedown even if you havent taken anything.

That's true to an extent...but your mood is usually affected the next day...mine certainly is anyway. Brain chemistry definitely plays a part.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens in the future then. Never tried speed whats it like, is it recommended?
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens in the future then. Never tried speed whats it like, is it recommended?

Think of E minus hallucinations (unless you've taken loads) and without the empathic euphoria. I know people who take it a lot, but it doesn't float my boat at all.
  • Options
    Thats why I take E, I like the social euphoria in a club. Speed obviously wont float my boat either.
  • Options
    Speed can be alright I suppose but you have to be in the mood for it. I've had good and bad experiences on it, comedown is a biatch though.
  • Options
    i think speed is alright as long as you have something "physical" to do, its not the kinda drug i'd take if i'm just gonna be sitting around with my mates kinda thing
  • Options
    Come downs are creeping up on me ever so slowly though I think other factors in my life are contributing to this.

I cannot stress enough how drugs should be avoided when you have problems in your life.
  • Options
    True enough, the amount of weeks I just took E's just because I was pissed off with things in my life and to get the buzz is a bit stupid...good karma creates good drug experiences.
  • Options
    The comedown I had last week compared to nothing I could ever describe. But I am still lucky compared to what heroin addicts endure I suppose. They truly have my sympathy except of course if they are the corporate business executive junkies who just lead as normal a life as my neighbour John, though I think he may be into asphyxiwanking. Fuck, it's late.
  • Options
    speed comedowns are the worst .. if you take too much for too long then it really is horrible!

lying there barely able to move .. cold sweat .. stomach doing somersaults .. nearly collapsing if you stand up .. and the not being able to sleep!

the no sleep part definatly is the worst .. body is completly and utterly exhausted but your heads still lit up !

and all that for a shite buzz! i dont think so

a vile chemical that should be avoided if you ask me!
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    speed comedowns are the worst .. if you take too much for too long then it really is horrible!

lying there barely able to move .. cold sweat .. stomach doing somersaults .. nearly collapsing if you stand up .. and the not being able to sleep!

the no sleep part definatly is the worst .. body is completly and utterly exhausted but your heads still lit up !

and all that for a shite buzz! i dont think so

a vile chemical that should be avoided if you ask me!

Myself and some friends bought some pills in a London club a few months ago which were ostensibly ecstacy, but we realised from the buzz that it was almost certainly speed (though it took a few hours!). I'd only done one but one of my friends had done two (possibly three) and suffered the worst comedown I've seen to date. He kept having panic attacks, said his heart was beating extremely erratically and fast-paced. Worst thing was that it set me and another friend who had done one off as well...hour and a half of total mental turmoil and torment until the worst of it passed - and then didn't sleep for another day. My friend who had taken two ended up pleading to go to the hospital because he thought he was going to have a heart attack... :shocking:

A nasty drug - even when you're high you become arrogant and reckless.
  • Options
    Strange really, most people I know dont bad mouth amphetamines to the extent most users on here do.

I havent done them in a long time (I cant trust myself) but I do still have a soft spot for base, just thinking about it makes me go a bit misty eyed, great stuff really, though not for everyone and not for every day use.
  • Options
    So whats the difference between base and speed, I know there the same kinda stuff. Kinda like I know coke and crack are the same, bar the baking soda.
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    So whats the difference between base and speed, I know there the same kinda stuff. Kinda like I know coke and crack are the same, bar the baking soda.

Real base, which is actually very rare (most stuff called base isnt) is amphetamine freebase, this because of its sticky paste nature can not easily be cut and therefore is normally stronger.

Amphetamine sulphate is what people normally use (even when its called base) and this is the stable salt of the drug.

The difference with crack in comparison to coke is you can smoke it, therefore you can get it into your body much faster and the hit it stronger. This isnt the case with base/speed.
  • Options
    I haven't slept since Sunday afternoon. Not looking forward to the come-down at all like. Thinking of gettin some weed - bound to knock you out, no?
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    I haven't slept since Sunday afternoon. Not looking forward to the come-down at all like. Thinking of gettin some weed - bound to knock you out, no?

No, it can make the paranoia worse. It depends on the person, some people get on well with it others dont.
  • Options
    few sleepers and you'll be on your way
  • Options
    Wednesday morning and still no sleep. Turns out this amphetamine wasn't as bad as I first considered but fucking hell. I fell asleep on the bus earlier going across Edinburgh for about 10 minutes with my iPod earphones blaring in my ears. Sound bastard woke me up and asked if I was alright and knew where I was getting off. Turns out I was 10 minutes past my destination and I've never been so thankfull to a stranger in my life! If he had of left me I would have ended up in Sighthill (Bronx of Edinburgh).