Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Her brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! I'm new.
My gf's brother thinks I want to leave her. There are no reasons to think so. I think he simply want me to do it. My gf begins to worry. It's very stupid situation. What can I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does your gf know what her brother thinks?

Just tell your gf that her brother is wrong, and that you don't know why he is saying such things. Reassure your gf that you want her.
    We both know that that's nonsense. But my gf worries. It gets on her nerves.
    Well its up to you to re-assure her, really.

Some people are, unfathomably, very paranoid. That's life.
    Kermit wrote:
    Well its up to you to re-assure her, really.

Some people are, unfathomably, very paranoid. That's life.

Yup, i agree. Example: ME! I am the most paranoid and worrying person in the world! But enough about me. I find that i feel better just being told by my girlfriend that she loves me, without prompting like 'i love you too' and at the end of texts. Try the little things that connect you to people the most. 'I love you', hugs in front of other people (like her brother). Things that will reassure her without nessessarily being a long lecture of love which get repetitive and start to lose their effect. IMO.
    At the end of the day its about you and her not you,her and her brother so don't let him get to either of you.
    Anytime he goes off on one trying to break you up just ignore him, go in another room and be happy.
    I've had the same problem with my girlfriend a few times with her (only slightly younger) brother trying to cause trouble so much that its taken everything in me not to floor the little cunt but we've just learnt to ignore him and can both see what he's trying to do. But then again i really dont think my gf's brother is actually trying to split us up he just trys to make us fall out if we dont include him or things dont go his way.
    Just try ignoring him is my advice.
    Hope things work out - let us know, and also: Welcome to the site!
    go to her bro and ask him straight out " y do u fink im gonna finish her"
    go to her bro and ask him straight out " y do u fink im gonna finish her"

And then he shall reply "well i fink u sud finish her cus i se tht u r a idt." Then he may add "nd y did u stel Deeb's av biatch"

But in your case, original poster, sorry, short term memory. I agree with what everybody else has said. Its between you and her, not her brother. Just reassure her that there is no ground to what he speaks. If you have no intention on leaving her, just tell her. She may be insecure and nervous. Some people are very much. But just trying, showing her that you care, she will eventually know.
    I would confront her brother for sure... find out why he is saying that because he won't let up until you either embarass him or lay his worries to rest. :nervous:
    OK! Thanks! I see you think the situation must be solved without beating around the bush... I think so too.