Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BMWs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Forgive my ingorance. Does anyone know whether these cars are fitted with indicators?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Extremely well built cars, often driven by wankers. Shame!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:
    Forgive my ingorance. Does anyone know whether these cars are fitted with indicators?

There's a rumor that they might be.
    Just a rumor, though.
    Whats an indicator? I like Beemers. Except when you get the dorks that have like an 80's one then think they are the shit cuz they still have a beemer.
    I cut up a BMW once. I think I indicated, though...bugger.
    my_name wrote:
    Whats an indicator? I like Beemers. Except when you get the dorks that have like an 80's one then think they are the shit cuz they still have a beemer.
    That's where you're wrong. 80s BMs are actually classy whereas new ones are driven by wanking twattish cunts who should be shot on sight and rammed up the arse at every opportunity.

Indicator = orange light used occasionally by some people to indicate their intention to change direction or lane.
    I used to work for BMW... I can confirm that they *are* fitted to them, but owners are told to ignore them as they officially rule the road and so can drive as they see fit.
    Kentish wrote:
    wanking

One hand on the nodge, other on the mobile phone.

None left for indicators or wheel.

:grump:
    Kentish wrote:
    That's where you're wrong. 80s BMs are actually classy whereas new ones are driven by wanking twattish cunts who should be shot on sight and rammed up the arse at every opportunity.

Good point, however the old ones I see the young fools driving that I was refering to are dented, rusting and quite crappy really ;) As if a semi filled with street salt ran into them and they just sat there.
    g_angel007 wrote:
    I used to work for BMW... I can confirm that they *are* fitted to them, but owners are told to ignore them as they officially rule the road and so can drive as they see fit.
    Thanks for the clarification :)
    Doesn't every car have "indicators"? Unless I'm thinking of something totally different, going to take your road test, they wouldn't even let you drive if one of your dinkers didn't work... let alone if you had none!
    That's what I thought, but I noticed a correlation between the fucking arseholes who drive BMWs and a lack of indication. Just wanted to know for sure before I exhibit unjustified road rage.
    God, too long of day at work, its made me lose the little bit of joke deciphering I had left. :( bmw will yell at you if you are too close to a car when backing up ;)

I got pulled over once for an unworking dinker. i also got pulled over for only having one headlight... then the time when i had no breaklights... that was a scary week... but small town cops really dont have anything better to do :p I'm actually quite shocked nobody has gotten me for no airbags... thats a bad one
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Our E28 525i was. It fucking rocked hard. Especially when the indicator broke and flashed at about 5 flashed a second. It scared a few people.

I hate 3 Series, they are for idiots on a loan to have a good car. 5 and up is where its at. Except hte X5 and X3, which bought BMW down a peg.

E28 525i :heart: The M535i was better... but ours was still Godly.
    MVC-001X.JPG
    (Not ours, just a reference pic for how good they are.)
    my_name wrote:
    God, too long of day at work, its made me lose the little bit of joke deciphering I had left. :( bmw will yell at you if you are too close to a car when backing up ;)

I got pulled over once for an unworking dinker. i also got pulled over for only having one headlight... then the time when i had no breaklights... that was a scary week... but small town cops really dont have anything better to do :p I'm actually quite shocked nobody has gotten me for no airbags... thats a bad one
    Nah, it's just us Brits have a more subtle taste in comedy, whereas Americans can't really pull off subtlety :p
    I threw sand inside a bmw when I was 10 years old (the sunroof was down)

^^^

RANDOM I KNOW. :yeees:
    Meh, I'm luke warm towards BMWs and they are often driven by complete wankers. TVRs on the other hand :flirt:
    Meh, I'm luke warm towards BMWs and they are often driven by complete wankers. TVRs on the other hand :flirt:

Are named after a bloke called Trevor

I have a soft spot for BMW's because i used to borrow my dads all the time when I was at university and drive round london in it which is quite cool when your only 21 and also living in a flat in a really nice part of town - i'm such a rich kid.....
    Wyetry wrote:
    Are named after a bloke called Trevor

Yup - and still made in Blackpool.

Wyetry wrote:
    I have a soft spot for BMW's because i used to borrow my dads all the time when I was at university and drive round london in it which is quite cool when your only 21 and also living in a flat in a really nice part of town - i'm such a rich kid.....

You ponce! Having said that, I hope to very soon be cruising around Saffhamptun in my mum's nearly 30 year old MG. It's a beautiful car.
    Ahhh, Beemers... reminds me of this joke:

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW driver?

A porcupine has pricks on the outside!
    You ponce! Having said that, I hope to very soon be cruising around Saffhamptun in my mum's nearly 30 year old MG. It's a beautiful car.

Splendid.

It'd fit right in at Leisure World :sour:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I hope to very soon be cruising around Saffhamptun in my mum's nearly 30 year old MG. It's a beautiful car.

My has just sold his MGC, Idrove it a few times and thought it was a horrible car to drive.

He has however recently bought an Elan which is an excellent car. My old man has a more sporty car than I do. :o
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    My has just sold his MGC, Idrove it a few times and thought it was a horrible car to drive.

They are hard to drive I'll give you that. No power steering or any of that but I love mine. It looks great and sounds like a dream.
    we used to have an MGB and it was horrible to drive but now I have a lovely Alfa spyder err but it still a pain in the ass to drive....
    I think most people forgot what an indicator is as soon as they get their licensce.