Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Physical sexual magnetism...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here is a common case in point...
Two people (gay, bi, or hetero) first meet at a public social setting and then go out on a first date to see if they are compatible with one another...? Suddenly, the erotic sexual prowess takes over which results in a night of hot passionate sex.

My question is...
Is it ethically right to take a blind eye chance on having a one nighter of hot passionate sex with someone you had just met and then later on realize that he or she was only interested in your physical attributes and not your true inner soul...?

Should you...
a) Immediately break it off before it gets too complicated, get out, and never see him or her ever again. (It's been fun...but, don't call me...I'll call you...!)
b) Face him or her that you are honestly looking for a long term committed relationship and not someone to bed down with night after night.
c) Do or say nothing and continue on with the hot passionate sexual farce because he or she satisfies your Eros Zone.
d) Go out and play the field like he or she is doing to you because the game of love is solely based on a hit or miss strategy.
e) Consult your sibling(s), closest friend(s), or clergy of what has happened and get their feed back of what to do next before pursuing on with the next step...?
f) No comment.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nepticar wrote:
    Two people (gay, bi, or hetero) first meet at a public social setting and then go out on a first date to see if they are compatible with one another...? Suddenly, the erotic sexual prowess takes over which results in a night of hot passionate sex.

My question is...
    Is it ethically right to take a blind eye chance on having a one nighter of hot passionate sex with someone you had just met and then later on realize that he or she was only interested in your physical attributes and not your true inner soul...?

Should you...
    a) Immediately break it off before it gets too complicated, get out, and never see him or her ever again. (It's been fun...but, don't call me...I'll call you...!)
    b) Face him or her that you are honestly looking for a long term committed relationship and not someone to bed down with night after night.
    c) Do or say nothing and continue on with the hot passionate sexual farce because he or she satisfies your Eros Zone.
    d) Go out and play the field like he or she is doing to you because the game of love is solely based on a hit or miss strategy.
    e) Consult your sibling(s), closest friend(s), or clergy of what has happened and get their feed back of what to do next before pursuing on with the next step...?
    f) No comment.

No sleep with them and work it out later,,simple realy
    i wouldnt post 3 threads about the same thing.

sounds like you're over analysing everything, if u like the person see them again.
    sounds like you're over analysing everything, if u like the person see them again.

I agree. Chill! If you are after a long term relationship, you probably would have hinted at it before you met up ... and if it was sex, then it's all cool .... ;)
    What the fuck are you on about?

If you like someone see them again, if you don't then don't.

It isn't always about deep and meaningful connections, I've had sex with people I liked having sex with, but wouldn't want any more than that from.
    This was a case in point and not to be about me!!!

I've ethically asked all you airheads about which one of these answers would seem the right choice to go by but you all agree that this situation is about me...? Well, it isn't...! This was merely a case in point regarding sexual physical attraction versus pure relationship values. If you like getting hot oral sex and laid from multiple lovers then go out and do it! Physical attraction is IRRELEVANT when it comes to long term soul mating! You all get a life...! :o :mad:
    nepticar wrote:
    I've ethically asked all you airheads about which one of these answers would seem the right choice to go by but you all agree that this situation is about me...? Well, it isn't...! This was merely a case in point regarding sexual physical attraction versus pure relationship values. If you like getting hot oral sex and laid from multiple lovers then go out and do it! Physical attraction is IRRELEVANT when it comes to long term soul mating! You all get a life...! :o :mad:

Get your panties out of a bunch. We may be airheads but who the fuck anyalizes a sexual situation to tears. Is it really us who need a life or one who must go on the internet and write a book of possible options for sex. SEX. Its not determining whether to take somebody off life support. Its fucking sex.

And physical attraction is a big part of this long term soul mating that you speak of. You cannot deny that you are not going to spend the rest of your life, wakeing up next to this person, fucking somebody who you find so unapealing that you use a paper bag over their head as a sex toy.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    nepticar wrote:
    My question is...

Who gives fuck?
    Weekender Offender 
    nepticar wrote:
    This was merely a case in point regarding sexual physical attraction versus pure relationship values.

There's no versus.
    Physical attraction is IRRELEVANT when it comes to long term soul
    mating!

Wrong.

And don't be abusive if you have the intellectual capabilities of a barnacle.
    Kermit wrote:

And don't be abusive if you have the intellectual capabilities of a barnacle.

You have the funniest insults.
    A national polling response to my question.

I placed my question to the nationwide polling e-boards www.e-thepeople.com and these are the percentages of the general public think what is their best solution to the question above.

A. Immediately break it off before it gets too complicated, get out, and never see him or her ever again. (It's been fun...but, don't call me...I'll call you...!) 11 %

B. Face him or her that you are honestly looking for a long term committed relationship and not someone to bed down with night after night. 15 %

C. Do or say nothing and continue on with the hot passionate sexual farce because he or she satisfies your Eros Zone. 59 %

D. Go out and play the field like he or she is doing to you because the game of love is solely based on a hit or miss strategy. 0 %

E. Consult your sibling(s), closest friend(s), or clergy of what has happened and get their feed back of what to do next before pursuing on with the next step...? 4 %

F. No comment. 11 %
    G. Nobody STILL cares - 99%
    my_name wrote:
    G. Nobody STILL cares - 99%
    :heart:.
    nepticar wrote:
    My question is...

t.
    Damn right it is.
    Im not sure what ethics has to do with it, but if you get an amazing shag out of it, then youre still better off than if you didnt.
    nepticar wrote:

My question is...

Should you...
    f) No comment.

You sound like a true romantic. You sound like you might be someone who gets easily hurt and who falls for someone you're 'in-like' with easily. I would think about how you would feel if this person doesn't want to see you again after one or two shags. Would you shake it off like the vast majority of hard nuts out there, or would you feel hurt and crushed. Think about who you are and how you cope with different situations. Would it be water off a duck's back or tears at Christmas time. You don't have to do anything. There'll always be someone else to fancy who may not just be "after your body" but your soul as well (okay, maybe not, but you know what I mean.) Whatever you do make sure it's safe, i.e. use protection.
    Im not sure what ethics has to do with it, but if you get an amazing shag out of it, then youre still better off than if you didnt.

I don't see anything wrong with casual sex, if you're happy with it. I've had a lot of fun before, brilliant, and it wasn't because of her wonderful personality.

I don't see why it is a case of personality versus attractiveness though. It's always a combination of both if you want a relationship.