Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dressing up as a fairy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all.
im going out in 4 weeks and we're all dressing up as fairies for my mates 20th bday! i have white fluffy fairy wings+a wand, but am unsure as to what else i can wear!!
i have a white skirt, white shoes+could get a nice white top, btu is that too plain???
What colours or types of clothes would look good??
Thanx.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have the wings got colours on them? If yes, match those, if no, light blue is always good, or light pink, or just general very pale colours :yes:.
    You could go as an earthy kinda fairy - I always steer clear of pink and white etc when doing the fairy thing as EVERYONE wears it; how about greens and browns and pinks with some sparkles in your hair and mud on your cheeks.....then some shimmery eyeshadow and you could stick star bindis on the corners of your eyes..... aah LOVE dressing up!!
    where can i buy little stars to stick on my face?? also want to get some body glitter aswell!! Have decided on pink and white fairy!!
    Little stars I'm not sure about, but body glitter? Claire's accessories all the way :yes:
    its all about the eye make-up, make them stand out with like shades of pink, green,purple, blend in will though so u dont get like stripes looking effect, maybe some glitter.......put the glitter on ur chest as well.. :thumb:
    any ideas where i can pick up glitter?
    you can usually get bags of little star sequin things at arts and crafts shops, or sometimes in the stationary section of stores like woolies. Then bung a bit of fake eyelash goo on the back, stick them on and you're ready to rock.....
    sounds good! another stupid Q, can u buy anything that'll stick em on, apart from fake eyelash goo, cos otherwise im gonna have to buy a kit with it in!
    and glitter too, in answer to your last post. Otherwise go to boots or superdrug and look at the crappy cheapo little girl makeup - they often hav rollerballs of body glitter for thirteen year olds
    try some pritt stick?!! I know it sounds a bit ridiculous but it'll keep them on!!!
    will look in boots then, i know the kind you mean!! may try to find some pink or silver little starts to stick around my eyes!!! thanx 4 ur help
    May I just say I'm well impressed you're even THINKING about this 4 weeks in advance!! My fancy dress technique is usually a mad dash to the arts and crafts section in the local supermarket the afternoon of the do and lots of scissor action on my old clothes!!
    lol, well its actually only 3 weeks away now. i just get so excited about dressing up. got silver glittery wings+a wand and am wearing white shoes+top, baby pink skit. gonna use pink glitter+eye make up too!!! i cant wait!