Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chrimbo decorations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got theirs up yet? We put most of ours up last time, the rest will go up tonight. Also use this thread to post the pictures if you can be arsed that is.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope, none for me!
    bad seed wrote:
    Nope, none for me!

Humbug!

Wonder if I'll still put em up when I no longer have kids. Yeah, probably have grandchildren by then. :shocking:
    No, and I don't think I'm going to get any unless I pick up some cheap ones. I'm going home for Christmas, so there isn't much point really.
    Just finished mine! :yippe:
    Not bothering in my student house. Im sure there will be some up when i get back home.

Its December 1st and not Christmas yet. :grump:
    My dad won't let us have ours up untill a week before christmas, boo. Buuut we did my friends house last night and on the tree we had the usual jazz but the lots of polaroid pictures of us doing silly things, it's different ;D
    I usually always put ours up on the 1st, Christmas is sneaking up on me this year, Im so disorganised. I might do them at the weekend, this is the first year I havent even had an advent calendar, I think I've gotten old :(
    this is the first year I havent even had an advent calendar, I think I've gotten old :(

Haha same. I think you've got an excuse for being behind on christmas though :yes:

We haven't got our lights or anything up yet, Not going to bother for another week or so. Humbug :D
    At home we decorate the house when everyone breaks up from school, but don't decorate the tree till Christmas Eve. Don't ask! It's a 'family thing'.
    Yay Christmas!
    Its officially not Christmas until the 5thAccording to Parliament :p .
    Celebrating Christmas for the first time in our house with my boyfriend and bought all our decorations and cards last night
    Renzo wrote:
    Its officially not Christmas until the 5thAccording to Parliament :p .

Does that mean I have an excuse to start getting excited/playing music/decorating my room/decorating my boyfriends room (not that he knwos it yet) from Monday onwards? :hyper: I mean, if parliament says so....

My room would be tinsled to the max already.... if my parents would get the decs down.... and if it was tidy! I don't know if my decorations are going to match my room this year though, it's all pink now, rather than orange and yellow!
    Our decorations all go up on the day we get our tree. It looks like that's gonna be the 18th this year. We've got some decorations up in the flat already though, despite the fact that none of us are actually going to be there on Christmas day.

I've already started begging my mum to get the Christmas music tapes out. We've had them since I was little and I know every word to every song. They're great for getting you into the spirit of things :D
    We'll be putting ours up on Sunday. We always put ours up ont he first Sunday of December. YaY! I lurve Christmas. :yippe:
    we usually put ours up on the 1st cos tis me brother's birthday, but we forgot, lol, so ours will probs be put up in the next week or so
    Bah humbug.

I won't be decorating anything. I'll be out here for Christmas with the rents and the brother who are all similarly indifferent to Christmas.
    I hate Christmas. I hate decorations. I imagine mi familia will be doing them at some point. But *shrugs*.
    The Christmas tree in our house went up today.
    Franki wrote:
    I hate Christmas. I hate decorations.
    Yes, me too.
    I tried to say we should put lights up, but I'm not doing that work and he refuses to, so no christmas decorations. Maybe a tree though... probably not. My parents have their tree up I know.

My dad is completly anal when it comes to house lights. The light string must be taunt and completly even with the outside of the house. Every light bulb faces the same way.
    our xmas tree is going up next weekend, we don't really bother with outdoor decorations, but i would like some of those icicle lights cause i think they're nice
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ours won't go up until the 13th. They won't go up til 12 days before Christmas.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "Chrimbo decorations"? I could have sworn it said "Christmas" before, has JimV had fun?

On topic: This weekend I'm building the tree, don't know when we'll decorate it. My aunt (living on the floor below) has put lights on her balcony and it looks great.
    Franki wrote:
    I hate Christmas. I hate decorations.

There's nothing wrong with Christmas! It's just the crap that goes with it that sucks. All the rushing around buying presents and sending out cards and messing around. I do enjoy it once it's all done though :D
    My mum just sent me a christmas tree and some fairy lights and paper chains in the post.
    I am not kidding.

(it's a little fibre optic one that changes the colour from blue to white and back again!)
    Ours won't go up until the 13th. They won't go up til 12 days before Christmas.

I wish others could follow that, god its a race to see who can get the decorations up first. Also have you noticed how people are trying to beat each other for outside lights.............living up with Mrs Jones, stoopid

No mine aint up yet, far too early.
    i always want to put ours up dead early, but my mum wont have them up until a week and half before! :( And then she takes them down before new years eve!
    Like Renzo I won't have any in my room at my flat, there is justnot room, Saturday the 17th I'm going with my boyfriend and his family to pick there christmas tree and help then decorate it over the weekend, thenwhen I go home on the 23rd to my parents I'll end up having to put the tree up as no one else will bother.
    Probably will have them up approx. a week before Christmas.

The tension of Christmas has decreased over the years and now it has become relatively small. I neither like traditions nor presents anymore. :crying:
    I usually put mine up on the 30th November, so that the advent calendar is up in time. Was really busy last wednesday though, so they went up last weekend :blush:
    I cannot even think about putting them up until our ladders come back from Mr M's uncle so we can get into the loft and then actually reach the ceiling to PUT them up. Got high ceilings and I can't even change a light bulb without climbing a ladder.

I'm starting to get impatient now. :grump: