Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Naturists

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I couldn't believe the reactions they got from some people. It's like, they'd never seen a human body before, truly shocking.

One woman said something like 'If my children were with me, I'd smack you' or something - and I'm sat there thinking - so it's not okay for a man to walk around naked, but it's okay to show your children that violence is acceptable??????

And I like what rainbow brite said about pedophiles wearing clothes. It's true - just because someone's naked, they're more likely to be a perv???? No.

I think we should all have a choice. Free-will I believe it's called.

I do not think nudity is something to be ashamed of, and all the mothers out there worrying about their children seeing mens willies, don't they realise that their own little boys have willies? What's the difference?

Wearing clothes should be an option, not compulsary. Ilora x
    There's a big difference between nudity and sexuality.
    It doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.
    bad seed wrote:
    It doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.
    Well I've been on a camp, a part of which involved (optional) nudity when we went in a sweatlodge, it was an incredibly comfortable experience. I don't see why we're conditioned in to hiding our bodies as if we're ashamed of them or something.
    Obviously, nudity isn't for everyone, but surely we deserve the right to choose whether or not be nude? And for those who choose to be naked without being surrounded by police and arrested for 'disturbing the peace'? - and to add to that, how on earth is being naked disturbing the peace!?

Ilora x
    Well I've been on a camp, a part of which involved (optional) nudity when we went in a sweatlodge, it was an incredibly comfortable experience. I don't see why we're conditioned in to hiding our bodies as if we're ashamed of them or something.

A matter of taste, I think.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Do you think I'm a hypocrite if I agree with this
    I'd walk around naked if it were legal.

The whole not being allowed to wear clothes is a form of oppression, doubly so with the female body.

Aren't people able to look at a naked body and see something other than a sex object?

A penis is a penis... Tits are tits, big deal.
    but still think like that?
    Kentish wrote:
    Mmmm, tits...

:p
    the people who usualy want to walk around naked are usualy pig fucking ugly.
    i don't want to see that!
    now if the streets were full of healthy bronzed examples of nakedness it might not be so bad.

clothes are what adds sexiness and allure.

there are women walking around towns in tiny tops with huge bellys wobbling out of them ...do they not realise how yuk that looks?

blokes in shorts with legs that look they signed on the sick twenty years ago ...i don't want to see this stuff ...cover up for fucks sake or theres nowt left to the imagination.

nudity ...the quickest way to kill sexiness.
    clothes are what adds sexiness and allure.

nudity ...the quickest way to kill sexiness.

:yes:

It's odd how different countries have different attitudes though. Go into a sauna in Germany, Austria or Scandinavia wearing clothes and you'd be looked at and treated like a total freak. Go buck naked into a sauna here and you'd be thrown out.

Being naked is nice, outside on a hot summer's day its brilliant, but there is a time and a place for it. If you are in a place with like-minded people then fine, but not in Debenhams.
    I think we should all have a choice. Free-will I believe it's called.

aye agree with you, naturists can do what the hell they like as long as I (a member of the public) does not have to look at them.

Cant see the fun in it tbh...........nah, not just letting it all hang out :yuck:
    I'd rather be paranoid then let any harm come to any of mine, nudie or not.
    What about the harm you are doing to them by passing on your irrational fear of nudity?
    Kermit wrote:
    Go buck naked into a sauna here and you'd be thrown out..
    or be expected to be there for sex, not a sauna
    What about the harm you are doing to them by passing on your irrational fear of nudity?

Where did I say I was afraid of it?
    I saw that documentary about nudity scytherchick was talking about, and it did say that some people tried to pretend to be a naturist when all they wanted was to be around naked children. So I can understand why you wouldn't want your kid(s) around a nudist. However the fear is quite irrational.
    But it is a bit sad that something that so many people enjoy can be seen as disgusting because of a few sick people.
    I've been to a nudist beach before, granted it wasn't my idea and I was only about 4. I'm not a naturist, but I see nothing wrong in swimming naked in the sea for instance. Why do we need swimming costumes? We're waterproof!
    If you look at it from a logical point of view, this is all quite ridiculous, people should be allowed to wear what they want where they want, seeing someone naked really shouldn't make people recoil in fear or starting assaulting people.

Having said that for a large number of people it wouldn't be easy to get used to it, because the media has linked nudity with sex and it's been that way for a very long time. It is quite unreasonable to try and force people to change their views when they've been reinforced over generations, and the guy in that documentary could have made his point better.
    Where did I say I was afraid of it?

Everywhere.

I won't let a naked person near my kid! It's sick! They're pedos! :yuck:

That's what you said. That's an irrational fear of nudity. Especially as you will let your child's father bathe her.
    Kermit wrote:

The person who's most likely to attack your child is the father, or your father. I bet you won't stop them running around with your kids.
    absolutely true unfortunatly.
    and a point most people seem happy to dismiss or forget.
    It may be irrational, I admit it. :blush:
    However I don't think they should be given abuse from locals just because they want to do a naked ramble, if you don't want to see naturists then leave them alone - no one asked these people to come out and see them on their way.
    just because they want to do a naked ramble, if you don't want to see naturists then leave them alone - no one asked these people to come out and see them on their way.
    they were going in shops and pubs ...what about the people in there that don't wish to see flabby or bony naked bodies?
    being on a beach or out in the wilds is one thing but in woolworths?

lmfao, not a bonny sight :lol:
    they were going in shops and pubs ...what about the people in there that don't wish to see flabby or bony naked bodies?

aaah right. Its been a while since I clicked on the link, thought they just wanted to go hiking or something. Erm..lol, yea woolworths... that'd be a shock to the system.

Maybe a nudie town should be built for them and everybody would be happy. :rolleyes:
    I don't have an issue with naturists at all. In fact i can't see anything wrong with it at all. The guy the show focused on was so far up his own arse it was hard to watch at points though.