Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hypothetical situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guy meets lady, both 40ish in a bar, both had a few beers. All goes great guns until she finds out he's living with someone, and cools off a bit. The night ends with a long lingering kiss. Will she be prepared to see him again?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dunno. Ask her.
    Seems awfully specific for a hypothetical question. Do you think we're going to judge you ;) Anyways, as Kentish said, ask her.

Oh, and is he living with a woman or man, and is it just a roommate thing or a relationship thing?
    Was just looking for an independent viewpoint. The answer's no by the way, she won't respond to any of my calls!
    Well quite honestly buddy, I don't think she will. Thats usually a sign.
    yeah, go find someone else mate. No point waiting for nothing.
    Plenty more fish etc
    xuk9 wrote:
    Was just looking for an independent viewpoint. The answer's no by the way, she won't respond to any of my calls!
    Who are you living with?
    Kentish wrote:
    Who are you living with?

Partner of 15+ years, never married, drifting apart, never do anything together, separate lives, more like housemates, etc etc
    kathryn wrote:
    I'd be willing to see you again...once you'd actually broken up with the other woman and you weren't living together anymore. By the time I'm 40 I hope not to be single but if i am then i wont be up for a casual fling and I don't think that's too much to ask before getting into a potentially serious relationship.

Thanks Kathryn, just need some advice as it's a long long time since I've been involved in anything like this, and I'd forgotten what emotional turmoil was like. It's not a fling I'm after, never have been, never will be, just one of those out of the blue things that happen, but never to me, until now. Very confused with it all.
    well you better finish with your girlfriend then.
    "overlapping" relationships is never a good thing, and dont just stay with your gf because this particular girl wont work out. If youre not happy with her, finish it, unless you just want to a) be unhappy forever, or b) are waiting to find someone you can twotime her with before finally dumping her.
    xuk9 wrote:
    Guy meets lady, both 40ish in a bar, both had a few beers. All goes great guns until she finds out he's living with someone, and cools off a bit. The night ends with a long lingering kiss. Will she be prepared to see him again?

She sounds like a woman who is not going to let her be the blame of a breakup. She will NOT be the bit on the side and wont be second best to your partner.
    So what do you do ? Well personally by what you said in your other reply id say call it a day with your partner then have that fun and excitement that you are looking for. The other option is do something with your current relationship, you had the fun previously so with a lot of work you can swing it round and be like you used to be. Talk to your partner, tell her this relationship aint going no where and see how she feels about it, it could be a simple case that you have both just got into a rut and need to start being a couple again.
    Welcome advice from beckyboo and rainbow brite, I think deep down I know what I need to do, and have done for a considerable time, it's just getting the courage of my conviction to get on and do it. My main problem is being too soft and not wanting to hurt anyone, which is an impossible situation. The whole thing has really got to me.
    Im not sure but im presuming you feel flattered now because you know that you still have that pulling power, maybe this is why you now know what you really should do.
    Id say think hard about what you intend to do and if breaking up is what you intend to do then go for it cos you are still young enough at the moment, if you leave it till you are 60 odd then its just a waste of them years.
    Of course people will get hurt if you decide to break up but you have to think about yourself, its your life and you are entitled to have fun and enjoy it while you can.
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Im not sure but im presuming you feel flattered now because you know that you still have that pulling power

You're absoutely spot on there BeckyBoo, all apart from the "still" bit, I never seemed to have any at all when I was younger. The last couple of weeks have all been a bit of a culture shock to me. It's certainly brought a few chickens home to roost emotionally.
    Aye I know where you are coming from to be honest. I never had that pulling power and when suddenly something happens and you know that you can pull it gives you a big boost (or me it has in the past).
    Im married but it is nice to get some attention, cant explain it really but it just gives you that little boost to know that you can still be found attractive by someone else.
    Im totally against affairs, so if you really aren't happy then get out and have fun. Life is too short to just make do with what you have, specially if you are unhappy about your current relationship like you seem to be.
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Aye I know where you are coming from to be honest. I never had that pulling power and when suddenly something happens and you know that you can pull it gives you a big boost (or me it has in the past).
    Im married but it is nice to get some attention, cant explain it really but it just gives you that little boost to know that you can still be found attractive by someone else.
    Im totally against affairs, so if you really aren't happy then get out and have fun. Life is too short to just make do with what you have, specially if you are unhappy about your current relationship like you seem to be.

Thanks BeckyBoo, great advice, seems like we've got a lot in common.
    xuk9 wrote:
    Thanks BeckyBoo,

No problem, glad to be of some assistance :D

Do let us know how you get on wont ya.............Aye Im a nosy sod :p