Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drug crime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so me and my boyfriend went to get coffee and this strange girl came and sat opposite us, something that regularly happens. so anyway my bf goes to the toilet and she's really freaking me out keeping on asking me about him blatantly off her tits on heroin, she reaked of the stuff and her eyes were all big and dopey. so then she asks me if she can leave, so i'm like yeh course and she takes my bfs bag with her. anyway i got up and followed her out shouting for help and i managed to get the bag and she punched so i let go. i followed her down the street asking people for help (no one did may say. there were massive hefty men about and noone helped me) but this one girl who i knew by face from the year below me at school. so the manager from the coffee shop came out and told me he'd called security and he went and managed to get the bag off of her so she completely spazzed out and started calling slag after me and she kicked the other girl and when the security came she was hitting and kicking them and hurling racist abuse at this black security lady. when the police FINALLY came (and the police station is about a minutes run from where we were) it took the two of them and the three security guards to pin her down and she was still thrashing out. they tied her ankles together and handcuffed her and still she was thrashing out and it took the 5 of them to get her into the back of the police van.

anyway me and my bf went to the station to give our statement and we weer talking to the officer and i asked if they'd do a drug test. he said no because they can't do her for just being on drugs. but then me and my bf were like but if she was drunk she'd be done for drunken disorderly and surely the drugs have an effect on how she acted and then reacted. so surely
there is a fault in the law.

it also brought to my attention how little anyone can do. the securty guards have no power whatsoever. they tried to restrain the girl but they couldn't use brutal force as was needed. and the oncde the police arrived really they shoul'd've just sedated her but i suppose they can't do that. she was thrashing out so much i dread to think what she'd be like in the back of that police van. i bet she really ended up hurting herself and someone else.

and then i was wondering what's gonna happen to her. i bet she just gets away on bail or gets an asbo or something and carries on claiming benefits and shooting up in public toilets leaving her dirty needles around the place and funding her addiction through crime and soponging off the government. but the main thing is, she won't have anyone. her mum won't care for her and if she has a bf he probably pimps her something but why anyone would want to shag her i don't know. her hair was so greasy and she stank so much of skag.

i thought it was quite ironic though. they had a drugs destroy communities poster in the entrance to the police station and yet they can't do her for being on drugs.

i'm gonna call the crime desk today to get my number and chase up what goes on but i was just wondering if anyone knew a little more about anything and just raise a few issues for discussion.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you mean by "do her for being on drugs"? Treatment?
    no one did may say. there were massive hefty men about and noone helped me)

That's because it's the police's job! The problem is government itself. Most folk'll step over a dead body in the street and theink "someone (else) should do something". If they are responsible they will ring that someone else, if not they will just flat out walk on by. If they are really responsible and want to make sure something gets done about it they will be told to push off by the uniformed ones.
    it also brought to my attention how little anyone can do.

Because if you were to wrestle her to the ground yourself you'd be the one in trouble. Yay for a powerless population!
    bad seed wrote:
    What do you mean by "do her for being on drugs"? Treatment?
    like she can't be prosecuted for being on drugs and the fact that she was on drugs doesn't come into the equation, whereas if she was drunk she would get done for that.
    like she can't be prosecuted for being on drugs and the fact that she was on drugs doesn't come into the equation, whereas if she was drunk she would get done for that.

What good do you think it would do?
    How do you know she 'stank of heroin' do you know the smell?

And surely if it was heroin her pupils would have been really small wouldnt they?

As for addicts in general, its grim certainly, and some addicts do cause a lot of trouble in an effort to get the money they need. Which is why heroin should be on prescription.
    No offence or anything, but you're being a retard.

If she stole your bag then she will be prosecuted for theft. Simple theft is not a serious crime, and will not be dealt with severely.

Drug crimes of low or medium severity are often punished with what is known as a Drug Treatment and Testing Order, which means the drug addict is forced to take drug tests and do lots of activities during the day and evening. I presume you have a problem with a DTTO, do you?

Drunk and disorderly is not an offence of drunkeness, it is an offence of disorderly conduct. They could charge her with breach of the peace, but that is normally dealt with by caution anyway, so what would be the point?

Would you rather drug addicts had no support? Would that make it better for them? Instead of having some money and support, they would have to steal to replace the money lost. How, exactly, would that help?

Do you have a problem with drug treatment programmes?

Heroin addicts cause problems when they need the money for drugs. Some are very anti-social. They are people too, though, and need help support and love as much as the rest of us. Don't ever forget that.

I can tell you don't come into contact with drug abusers very often.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Super Human I can't see how you actually knew she was a heroin addict?
    Weekender Offender 
    I have come into contact with a fair few drug users and abusers in my life and the ones who use drugs recreationnaly and im only talking about the more "harmless" of drugs, i can deal with, they are not a problem. But the hard drug users (Though i do not know how your knew she was on herion) like the heroin and crack and coke users i have no sympathy for in any way.

One of my mates was merely a weed smoker, then he got hooked on cocaine and it has destroyed him and he attempted to take everyone around him down with him, with ever increasing desperation for money fuelling more and more lies and eventually he resorted to violence and theft.

He, unlike some, knew what cocaine would do to him and yet he used it anyway. So, my sympathy and friendship ended right then and what ever he got i am sure he deserved. I think he got dumped by his long term girlfriend, kick out of his home after stealing family things and got nicked for fighting or something like that.
    who was that then? Joe W?
    i think i'll start reading the sun and the mail.

education education education ...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I think some peoples attitudes towards addiction are disgusting.
    Weekender Offender 
    subject13 wrote:
    I have come into contact with a fair few drug users and abusers in my life and the ones who use drugs recreationnaly and im only talking about the more "harmless" of drugs, i can deal with, they are not a problem. But the hard drug users (Though i do not know how your knew she was on herion) like the heroin and crack and coke users i have no sympathy for in any way.

One of my mates was merely a weed smoker, then he got hooked on cocaine and it has destroyed him and he attempted to take everyone around him down with him, with ever increasing desperation for money fuelling more and more lies and eventually he resorted to violence and theft.

He, unlike some, knew what cocaine would do to him and yet he used it anyway. So, my sympathy and friendship ended right then and what ever he got i am sure he deserved. I think he got dumped by his long term girlfriend, kick out of his home after stealing family things and got nicked for fighting or something like that.

Do you ever wonder why some people get into shit with drugs and others don't?
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you ever wonder why some people get into shit with drugs and others don't?

Some people just don't think that far ahead. They add 2 and 2 and get 5.
    subject13 wrote:
    So, my sympathy and friendship ended right then

Some friend you are.

Heroin abusers are pathetic, when you boil down to it. I don't have sympathy exactly, but it is a tragedy.

Do you ever wonder why people get addicted to drugs that alter their mindset? It doesn't just happen.

Each and every heroin abuser I've dealt with has had to deal with a lot of shit in their life. I think people forget that most of the time.
    Before anyone says anything about the guy i was i talking about having areason to get into drugs, he didnt. Good family, 2 parents, a brother, good high paying job until the drugs, girfriend who loved him until the drugs, litterally no problems until he decided to start on drugs.

He knew what was going to happen, he ruined his own life for no reason.
    shoula given her a good beatin.

Also, i dont believe drugs ruin peoples live. Many people do hard drugs, including heroin and still leave pretty normal lives. Its upto the person weither they ruin their lives or not, depends if they are strong enough to control it.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Also, i dont believe drugs ruin peoples live. Many people do hard drugs, including heroin and still leave pretty normal lives. Its upto the person weither they ruin their lives or not, depends if they are strong enough to control it.

You really are a fool.

Still, it proves one adage. Drugs are only a problem if you can't afford them.
    subject13 wrote:

Why can you deal with pot smokers but not recreational coke users?

There is a big difference between a casual user of cocaine or heroin and an addict.

He knew what cocaine would do to him? How's that then? See into the future can he?

You "think" he got dumped by his girlfriend? Your story loses all credibility if you don't even know the basic facts...

Been doing coke since i was 17. No financial or addiction problems. Same goes for most others.
    bongbudda wrote:

And surely if it was heroin her pupils would have been really small wouldnt they?
    Pretty much what I thought :rolleyes:

Wouldn't she only be done for drug crimes if she had them on her?
    subject13 wrote:
    Before anyone says anything about the guy i was i talking about having areason to get into drugs, he didnt. Good family, 2 parents, a brother, good high paying job until the drugs, girfriend who loved him until the drugs, litterally no problems until he decided to start on drugs.

Yeah, because good family, girlfriend and a bit of money automatically equate to happiness :rolleyes: .

People don't become addicts for the fun of it.
    By the way, she might not have been on drugs, she might be mentally ill.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:

I thought that myself.
    subject13 wrote:

Although of course, you don't know this for sure, you're just being a judgemental twat.
    mhmm!
    Ok, let me ask this question. Every person that is a drug addict and becomes a drug addict has some big perosnal problem before hand that makes them go into drugs and they have no idea of what will happen despite all the information on drugs that has been pumped to everyone over many many years?
    Walkindude wrote:
    Ok, let me ask this question. Every person that is a drug addict and becomes a drug addict has some big perosnal problem before hand that makes them go into drugs and they have no idea of what will happen despite all the information on drugs that has been pumped to everyone over many many years?

How much do you actually know about heroin? I'm guessing not all that much, government education about drugs has been virtually a complete waste of time for the last 30 years.

And even if people know the risks they take them anyway. Drug abuse is escapism.
    ...and in not every circumstance is escapism a negative process.
    ...and in not every circumstance is escapism a negative process.

Not always, but it can be an easy habit to pick up, regulating your mood with chemicals is quick, easy and more reliable than real interactions with the World. At least at first anyway.
    oh yes but i was merely throwing that out because the lines between 'escapism' and 'adventure' can quickly become blurred.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Drug abuse is escapism.

That's exactly the point.

They don't need to have woe-is-me sob stories to become drug abusers, but there is often the need to escape from the real world. It's boredom usually, either they've got too much money to be interested, or too little.

Drugs are only a problem if you can't afford them, after all.