Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your Ideal Honeymoon Destination

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When / if you get hitched where would you like to go for your honeymoon (and if you got another half already where do you reckon they`d wanna go?)

I vote for this place

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=bora+bora&hl=en
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    That looks gorgeous. I'm going to be boring and say a really popular one Cancun in Mexico it looks good and I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  • Options
    When / if you get hitched where would you like to go for your honeymoon (and if you got another half already where do you reckon they`d wanna go?)

I vote for this place

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=bora+bora&hl=en

that looks lovely

I'd want to go to the Carribean I think.
  • Options
    Maldives!

Peaceful as anything from what I have heard, something I have dreamed about for so long since I heard about that place.

Would like to spend half there and half in america doing theme parks hehe
  • Options
    I've always wanted to go to Nevis
  • Options
    australia, japan, LA...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know anywhere specific, but somewhere hot, sunny, relaxing with no children allowed.
  • Options
    The Caribbean is fantastic. Especially if you're on a cricket tour which is the locals' biggest past-time.

I'm not a fan of sunny places. Mrs Thunderstruck feels the same so somewhere cold and with snow. Preferrably after a white wedding in Winchester. Maybe somewhere in Russia or Scandinavia. Siberia is still on my list of places I have to go to.
  • Options
    I decided ages ago I wanted to go to brazil as a general thing... when it was on TV the other week I kept complaining to my boyfriend I wanted to be there so he told me if we got married and if i was good, i'd get to go there for my honeymoon... so now I'm detirmined! lol
  • Options
    Maldives probably.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    St Lucia. No doubt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
  • Options
    We went to Salzburg.

Oh, that is stunning!

That would be lovely, but I'm not sure my boyfriend would be too impressed being dragged onto a Sound of Music tour :blush:
  • Options
    it's a nice place.
    but when i were married. i will go around the world if i have money.
    HOMEPAGE :hyper:
  • Options
    I think it would be great to get married in late November early December and honeymoon in Lapland, it looks fantastic and it would be really festive!
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Oh, that is stunning!

That would be lovely, but I'm not sure my boyfriend would be too impressed being dragged onto a Sound of Music tour :blush:

It was wonderful.

And I didn't have to go on a single fucking Sound of fucking Music tour at all :yippe:

The only slight gripe I had with Salzburg was the way its become a bit Disneyfied, everything is a Mozart Burger with a side of von Trapp fries for the Yanks.

The Salzkammergut is simply wonderful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/kermitbantam/Honeymoon/DSCF0208.jpg
  • Options
    a road trip somewhere would be the shit. i like the idea of renting a cool-as-hell old american car and visiting all the places there that look interesting, and think mr. kaff is keen on the idea too.

i'd also be up on the idea of australia, tokyo or canada.

i find beach holidays fun for approximately an hour and a half.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    a road trip somewhere would be the shit. i like the idea of renting a cool-as-hell old american car and visiting all the places there that look interesting, and think mr. kaff is keen on the idea too.

i'd also be up on the idea of australia, tokyo or canada.

i find beach holidays fun for approximately an hour and a half.

Damn straight. There is nothing I would least like to do than to sit on a beach and do nothing. I guess I'm just not a beach person. I guess I'm just a cold-holiday person.

Mrs. T and I also had the idea of maybe doing a Jack Kerouac and driving straight from New York to San Francisco. I'd love to do that at some point.

I'm still trying to convince her to let me take her to Siberia for our honeymoon but I'll settle for Argentina. Start in Buenos and go all the way down to the South Cone and the Tierra del Fuego and then maybe the Falklands.
  • Options
    I would go anywhere on a honeymoon with my boyfriend. Just as long as we're together.
  • Options

I've been at the Seychelles, which is definately more paradise than bora bora.

I stayed at the most expensive hotel available :angel:

Over here (note that this homepage has only 20% photoshop, which contrasts yours which has about 200%.)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I would go anywhere on a honeymoon with my boyfriend. Just as long as we're together.

I'm not really sure there are so many places I would love to go once I have finished uni, but as long as the weather is nice and there is no children around so we can just relax together I don't mind. I can spend hours just curled up on the sofa with my boyfriend.
  • Options
    I always wanted to either go on safari in Africa, or go to Disneyland (but only if my husband is as dotty as me).

I can't stand doing nothing for 2 weeks :no:
  • Options
    Mrs. T and I also had the idea of maybe doing a Jack Kerouac and driving straight from New York to San Francisco. I'd love to do that at some point.
    :yes: On a Harley. Or maybe just a nice fat American car.

A safari would make a great honeymoon too, if you went for the luxury option. ;)
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I'm not really sure there are so many places I would love to go once I have finished uni, but as long as the weather is nice and there is no children around so we can just relax together I don't mind. I can spend hours just curled up on the sofa with my boyfriend.

On second thoughts curling up on the sofa only works after a hard day at work or in the winter. During the day both me and my boyfriend like to explore the country we are visiting and see all the historical sites etc... but in the evening a nice stroll along the beach as the sun is setting would bea nice way to end the day. So I sit with the nice weather and no children bit. I hate staying in all excluivse hotels as you never get a moments peace. May be with a few lazy hours by the pool or on the beach.
  • Options
    I always wanted to either go on safari in Africa, or go to Disneyland (but only if my husband is as dotty as me).

I can't stand doing nothing for 2 weeks :no:
    Don't think you'd be "doing nothing" :naughty:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Don't think you'd be "doing nothing" :naughty:

:angel:
  • Options
    Probably Canada, there are a LOT of places I want to see there so it would have to be a travelling honeymoon (and quite an extended one, given the size of the place).

That said, I wouldn't say no to a week in some secluded Tuscan valley. Or Venice, minus the tourists.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Or Venice, minus the tourists.

On your way to a frozen-over hell?