Home Sex & Relationships

Age gap and tellin your parents the truth?

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    u hv ben tipn bcuz we r mnn rite?!?

    w0t a lod ov blx!!!

    u r nt lisnn 2 w0t we sai n bcuz ov dat we cnt ndrstnd w0t u r sain!!!

    iv u typd n sumfn prochn inglis den we cud hlp u mor!!!

    :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well I'm 21 and I recently had a thing with a girl who was 16. I was stressing about it and it was col, she reckon her parents would be fine, her step mum was with a 25 year old when she was 15 so she thought they'd be cool.

    Well they weren't. She had lied to me over a certain thing and the dad rang me and threeaened to get all sorts onto me. It seems to have died down now thank god but don't assume the parents will be ok because they may not be and the consequences could be disasterous.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tons of advice has already been given, what do you want, one of us to tell you mommy for you because you couldn't tell the truth in the first place?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Am I the only one which thinks an age gap between a 16 year old and a 25 year old bloke a bit odd?

    I just cant imagine you have all that much in common.

    Anyway, good luck and all that, except of course if you keep using txt spk, then you deserve all the bad luck there is.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Am I the only one which thinks an age gap between a 16 year old and a 25 year old bloke a bit odd?

    I just cant imagine you have all that much in common.
    :yes: thats what i said
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Interesting fact. Johnathan Ross got with his current wife when he was 25 and she was 16.....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your well rude i have been typing probly cause you lot moaning!!!1

    Well to be honest this is about the first time you have acturly started writing in english text not txt talk, and if you think about it if you respect the rules we will help you, they have already warned you about just take there advice (im not moaning im just trying to get throught)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well to be honest this is about the first time you have acturly started writing in english text not txt talk, and if you think about it if you respect the rules we will help you, they have already warned you about just take there advice (im not moaning im just trying to get throught)

    Plus it is alos easier for people to read english then text talk, as you don't have to spend time trying to work out the abbreviations, as not everyone is fluant in text talk.

    I'm 21 and I only know the basics, plus some abbrevations can mean different things to different people. As I mainly use texts for short messages anyway. Eg. I'll be home in about 30mins, See you in 5 or Fancy a coffee after work.

    If I have something long to say I email, as you have on restriction on the number of letters you use. I still prefer to actually talk to people face to face.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find the age gap between a 15 (as she was untill a few days ago) and 25 year old a little disturbing. When I started 'dating' my daughter's father there was 'only' a 7 year age gap and he manipulated me to high heaven. I WISH someone would have interveened, at first I didn't even realise I was being manipulated. I didn't really talk to my parents about him, although they knew, and we out right lied to his parents about my age. There is a reason why you two have been lying about your age gap and it's becasue you know the relationship couldn't stand up to the scrutiny that you know you'd come under if you were honest. I do think that some age gap relationships can work on an even level but as you two have not been able to have a mature and honest relationship, I would suggest there is something wrong here and I am worried for you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Am I the only one which thinks an age gap between a 16 year old and a 25 year old bloke a bit odd?

    I just cant imagine you have all that much in common.

    Anyway, good luck and all that, except of course if you keep using txt spk, then you deserve all the bad luck there is.


    i think its odd :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mia16 wrote:
    i think its odd :yes:

    I do as well. And for some reason, I also find it slightly wrong...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    I find the age gap between a 15 (as she was untill a few days ago) and 25 year old a little disturbing. When I started 'dating' my daughter's father there was 'only' a 7 year age gap and he manipulated me to high heaven. I WISH someone would have interveened, at first I didn't even realise I was being manipulated. I didn't really talk to my parents about him, although they knew, and we out right lied to his parents about my age. There is a reason why you two have been lying about your age gap and it's becasue you know the relationship couldn't stand up to the scrutiny that you know you'd come under if you were honest. I do think that some age gap relationships can work on an even level but as you two have not been able to have a mature and honest relationship, I would suggest there is something wrong here and I am worried for you.

    I would tend to agree with katralla. I was worried what my parents would say when I told them that my boyfriend was 26 (I was only 20 at the time), luckly they took it really well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think its that odd, my 17-year-old sister started going out with someone who was 26.

    Without knowing the girl and the lad, you cannot comment. Many lads are grossly immature, and many girls are quite mature.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your well rude i have been typing probly cause you lot moaning!!!1

    No I think it's you that's being 'well rude'.

    We asked you nicely to type properly, not because we're pursuing a personal vendetta, simply because it's easier for us to read and if we can read it better, then maybe we'll be able to help you out better. However, you didn't so don't come whinging that we don't answer your posts. Posting on another thread asking people to look at this thread was particularly pathetic.

    Now we've been more than patient - Kermit uncharacteristically so - but if you can't be bothered to adhere to the rules then you can go and deal with your problems yourself because I can't be fucked to help you and neither should anyone else.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    16-25 is quite a signifcant age gap in my opinion. Your parents could easily take it in the wrong way.

    Im a 17 year old male and got off with a 23 year old before. Everyones reaction were to laugh, and they were shocked. And that was just my mates, only you no your parents but personally i dont think they will just smile and agree, especially as you lied..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't think its that odd, my 17-year-old sister started going out with someone who was 26.

    Without knowing the girl and the lad, you cannot comment. Many lads are grossly immature, and many girls are quite mature.

    I completely agree and it's not the age gap itself that worries me- more when it occurs. For instance a 17 year old girl dating a 26 year old man seems fine but a 14 year old girl with a 23 year old man would be wrong, yet it's the same age gap.

    When a girl is 15 and still at school, she is still a child (in my eyes); when she is 17 and at college/working/dossing she is a young adult.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't think its that odd, my 17-year-old sister started going out with someone who was 26.

    Without knowing the girl and the lad, you cannot comment. Many lads are grossly immature, and many girls are quite mature.

    Ah but did she tell you straightaway how old he was when she first told you she had a boyfriend, the fact that Sweet Cheeks lied to her parents to start off with, might give them the impression that they have something to hide.

    Ok so I did not tell my parents that I had a boyfriend until we had been going out for a couple of months, as I did not see the point until we had decided that we both wanted to have a serrious relationship, then I told them within about a week. Well I needed to decide how best to pproach the subject. Hence why I told my brother first in the hope to gain some surport or to find out he thought my parents would react.

    But as you say without knowing these people we can really comment we can just offer advice or tell them about our own expreiances.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    I completely agree and it's not the age gap itself that worries me- more when it occurs. For instance a 17 year old girl dating a 26 year old man seems fine but a 14 year old girl with a 23 year old man would be wrong, yet it's the same age gap.

    When a girl is 15 and still at school, she is still a child (in my eyes); when she is 17 and at college/working/dossing she is a young adult.

    Agian a very good point there Katralla. If I was say 14 and started dating a 20 year old my parents would have hit the roof as they would still concider me a child.

    But because I was 20 when I meet my 26 year old boyfriend and was in my second year at uni and living away from home in halls, they saw me as a mature young adult.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Little_one wrote:
    Plus it is alos easier for people to read english then text talk, as you don't have to spend time trying to work out the abbreviations, as not everyone is fluant in text talk.

    I'm 21 and I only know the basics, plus some abbrevations can mean different things to different people. As I mainly use texts for short messages anyway. Eg. I'll be home in about 30mins, See you in 5 or Fancy a coffee after work.

    If I have something long to say I email, as you have on restriction on the number of letters you use. I still prefer to actually talk to people face to face.

    i agree that what i was trying to say
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    I completely agree and it's not the age gap itself that worries me- more when it occurs. For instance a 17 year old girl dating a 26 year old man seems fine but a 14 year old girl with a 23 year old man would be wrong, yet it's the same age gap.

    Half your age +7



    Always Round down ;)



    then completely ignore :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hm well she has only JUST turned 16, they've been together about a year so that would have made her 14 or just turned 15 when they got together :chin:
    i still think its abit dodgy, like kermit said, it depends how mature they're being but i still think a man in his 20's should be with girls more his age and not school girls, unfortunatly for girls my age the majority of boys our age are about as mature as a 5 year old....in fact, when i was on work experience just about all the 4/5 year olds i worked with were more mature than the 15/16 year old guys at school. And girls DO mature faster but they're not always as mature as they think they are....i still think a near 10 year gap at that age is abit iffy though
    but thats my opinion
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    engevita wrote:
    Half your age +7



    Always Round down ;)



    then completely ignore :thumb:

    (27/2)+7= 20.5 Round down to 20, whoops I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 27, just as well the last step was then completely ignore.

    But if I round up from x.5 like I was taught in maths lesson :yippe: I'm the right age.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aye thats my opinion. I mean I am 21 and recently had a thing with girl younger then me and she was really great but I worried about the age gap and it turned out I was right, she was immature and that. If she had have been older then she probably would have been perfect but the age made the difference.

    Mind you it is said that girls mature 3 years faster then boys so guys should be with women 3 years youger then them and girls, guys 3 years older.

    Not sure I belive it myself but a point at least.

    I certainly would love to find a woman my age to be with :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    Mind you it is said that girls mature 3 years faster then boys so guys should be with women 3 years youger then them and girls, guys 3 years older.
    :yes: theres a 3.5 year age gap between me and my ex, and we still get along great and are sort of in the 'seeing each other' stage again though not together cause we're taking it slow
    my mum was worried but it really does feel like we're on the same level of maturity....im mature for my age, and he's a 19 year old guy, though he is mature - he doesn't go out getting pissed all the time and bragging about what he's done with so and so, he's quite shy. But we're really alike in our ways and personalities, but not too alike....just right really! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well done you! Glad you found someone you love to be with :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest ive matured so much since ive been wiv mi bf and i look at things differently now!! and i feelin im much mre mature than mi friends!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    :yes: theres a 3.5 year age gap between me and my ex, and we still get along great and are sort of in the 'seeing each other' stage again though not together cause we're taking it slow
    my mum was worried but it really does feel like we're on the same level of maturity....im mature for my age, and he's a 19 year old guy, though he is mature - he doesn't go out getting pissed all the time and bragging about what he's done with so and so, he's quite shy. But we're really alike in our ways and personalities, but not too alike....just right really! :)

    thats jus how me & my bf are! and out of guys ive been with in the past , my bf is the only one who really cares about me !! and thanks to him i should be geting 3 c's in mi gcse in May june time!!! Im so in love!!! Hes so supportive and cares alot about my furture!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest ive matured so much since ive been wiv mi bf and i look at things differently now!! and i feelin im much mre mature than mi friends!!

    The only thing left on the 'To do' list is to stop writing in text talk.

    Wait, that means it will end up in 'Not to do' list.

    or the 'Not to not to' list to stop text talk.

    Etcetera :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest ive matured so much since ive been wiv mi bf and i look at things differently now!! and i feelin im much mre mature than mi friends!!

    Swing and a miss.

    From the way you type, the lack of respect for anybody and your pure refusal of common sense and curtiousy really does not support your claim of having matured.

    You said you wanted advice, you got it. What more do you want. Do you want one of us to call up your mommy and tell her you lied and that your boyfriend is older? Do you want those who believe it is wrong for a man of that age to date somebody so young and obviously immature to bow down to you and say they were wrong? You've gotten what you asked for, even though you had no respect for anybody here in the process, why continue?

    And honestly, if its pure lazyness that you are going for, "mi" and "my" have the same number of letters. How you can manage to even look at that without vomiting is shocking.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats jus how me & my bf are! and out of guys ive been with in the past , my bf is the only one who really cares about me !! and thanks to him i should be geting 3 c's in mi gcse in May june time!!! Im so in love!!! Hes so supportive and cares alot about my furture!
    the thing thats making you appear immature is the text speak
    i dont mean to sound nasty but its been said enough times you need to use proper english here (makes life so much easier)
    3 c's? What do you mean? I thought it was the whole 5 A*-C's that the teachers keep getting at?
Sign In or Register to comment.