Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christmas Shopping

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks to everyone who has left positive comments and things :)

Stargalaxy, if you have a problem with something start your own thread about it, lord knows you start enough about some rubbish or other. So what if it is only a tiny amount? Pennies make pounds, and it all adds up.
  • Options
    Stargalaxy, if you have a problem with something start your own thread about it, lord knows you start enough about some rubbish or other. So what if it is only a tiny amount? Pennies make pounds, and it all adds up.
    I don't have a problem with this scheme. I only have a problem if it means the charity receives very little money in the end. That is what I was asking, not in any way a denigration of the work that AYME are doing.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who has left positive comments and things :)

Why not delete this and start another thread. nah actually keep this up. Good fuel for fires. :)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I don't have a problem with this scheme. I only have a problem if it means the charity receives very little money in the end. That is what I was asking, not in any way a denigration of the work that AYME are doing.

As everyone has poitned out, surely a little is better than nothing no?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Good question. Maybe I should send off an e-mail to Amazon to find out.

To find out what? About the affiliates scheme? Here. I know many people who do this for their own personal use. I think it is good that a charity is doing similar.

Also, Mist wasn't really asking a question.
  • Options
    To find out what? About the affiliates scheme? Here. I know many people who do this for their own personal use. I think it is good that a charity is doing similar.
    I notice one point on the page reads "Associates earn up to 10 percent in referral fees on all qualifying revenue made through their links.". If it's true that AYME are earning 10% on transactions, that is one of the better deals. As I say, IF it's the case, Amazon deserve some credit.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I notice one point on the page reads "Associates earn up to 10 percent in referral fees on all qualifying revenue made through their links.". If it's true that AYME are earning 10% on transactions, that is one of the better deals. As I say, IF it's the case, Amazon deserve some credit.

Yes, but even if they are only getting 1%, its still 1% more than they would have got otherwise, and as such it is good that they have the opportunity to be able to make a little extra this way.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:

Well there you go then. Everyone wins - amazon get some money, we get our CDs etc and AYME get some money.

But even if it is only 1% then it isn't really the point. The point of all of this is that AYME are getting some money to help their good cause. It doesn't matter if it is a penny or £100, it all mounts up.

Tbh, SG, I don't really understand what your problem with this thread was. But anyway, it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    Thank you, Maria, for that link. I just spend over £70 on Amazon, and thanks to you, something is going to charity from that :D. I now don't feel as bad for spending nearly all my wages on Christmas presents from there! Woopah!

Also, despite the fact that I only bought 20 cards this year, I am buying the cards that have been printed in order to raise money for my Peru expedition next year (setting up an IT network system thing in the Manuel Duarto school in Lima, for special needs children). I feel I am now having a very charitable, and cheapish, Christmas. Yay ;d.