Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diary submissions for TheSite.org

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hi everyone,

We’re looking to revamp the Diaries page on TheSite.org and it would be great if some of you could contribute.

We are currently looking for people to write diaries on the following subjects:

· Learning to drive
· Pregnancy
· Visual/hearing impairments
· Moving out (but not to go to university)
· Friendships – This is a bit different, as it would involve two people. The diary would need to be about a particularly interesting/unusual relationship for example a male and female who have a successful platonic relationship, or best friends who face the challenge of being separated by distance.

We are also interested in hearing about any of your own ideas.

Feel free to post ideas here, or email mo@thesite.org with a summary of what you would like to write about.

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We’re looking to revamp the Diaries page on TheSite.org and it would be great if some of you could contribute.

We are currently looking for people to write diaries on the following subjects:

· Learning to drive
    · Pregnancy
    · Visual/hearing impairments
    · Moving out (but not to go to university)
    · Friendships – This is a bit different, as it would involve two people. The diary would need to be about a particularly interesting/unusual relationship for example a male and female who have a successful platonic relationship, or best friends who face the challenge of being separated by distance.

We are also interested in hearing about any of your own ideas.

Feel free to post ideas here, or email mo@thesite.org with a summary of what you would like to write about.

I got in touch with you ages ago about a possible diary for you. I emailed Spanner and she gave me that email address and no-one responded to me.
  • mobleymobley Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Hi Little Missy. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. It's been a bit hectic. We are looking at new diaries now and will get back to you soon.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Learning to Drive

I am currently learning to drive- on a teeny weeny budget as I don't have a 'regualr' job.

I'm also fortunate to be on my mums car insurance so that I can get some practise in with my Dad (not mum- we wouldn't get on) so far have been on insurance a month and am currently travelling up and down the quite country road fluidly adding in reverse around the corner in order to head back the other way. Current record is one stall in a session (session being an hour!) and have progressed to driving home!!
    Me & my boyfriend have a strange relationship, we've been together for 10 months nearly. But due to me having a hard time getting bullied by my housemates he's turned into my best mate as well. I go to him about everything! Oh, and because we're at Uni. He lives in Suffolk & i live in Birmingham during holiday time. Am going to miss him a lot over xmas!
    I learned to drive 4 years ago. I do everything a driver should not do. And 3 1/2 cars later I still havn't learned. I'm so proud how skilled behind the wheel I am. :p
    *bexfizz* wrote:
    Me & my boyfriend have a strange relationship, we've been together for 10 months nearly. But due to me having a hard time getting bullied by my housemates he's turned into my best mate as well. I go to him about everything! Oh, and because we're at Uni. He lives in Suffolk & i live in Birmingham during holiday time. Am going to miss him a lot over xmas!

Me andmy boyfriendhave been togetheralmost10 months too. We gettosee eachother one week everytwo months on average. He livesdown near London and I live up North.

My two bestfriendsalso live so faraway. Maria is pregnant and keeps getting moved out of her housesand having to live on the streets. She lives down near my bf.
    Lynn lives in America. Her mother's beendiagnosed with cancer,Lynncan't have children any more and her daughter's hit a rough spot.

Don't worry Bex. You'll get throughthe distance. We have.
    Wish I had a gf..........
    I'm stuck in a boring job on the other side of the world meant to be doing my dissertation for my penultimate year of university.

It'd be a cracking read. I should have a blog or something.
    I posted something about moving out, but then I think the thread fell to the next page...
    Hiya
    Thanks for all your replies so far. We'll be contacting some of you in the next couple of days.

I'm also keen to find someone who is struggling with debt and could write a diary on that. We had the idea that we could get an expert to offer advice with every entry so it would be like a real journey to recovery! Let us know if you think you fit the bill.

Cheers
    Spanner