Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you do to stay/get fit?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just a little curious here, but what does everyone do to stay/get fit?

I do cheerleading and random long walks of about 24 miles.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just play sport. I don't go to the gym because it's filled with self-conscious people who are normally up themselves.
    Play 2 games of footie a weekend and an hours footie training during the week.
    Hehe, that's true. My gymns full of fat people who catch the bus everywhere....including the two stops to and from the gymn. How they can getr fit and never walk is beyond me.
    Ive cut out a lot of fatty foods out of my diet, and I train rugby for 2 hours, once a week, and play almost every sunday. I also try and get a game of squash in here and there. Ive drop from a 42" waist to a 34 (bought half a new wardrobe on last Wednesday) and Ive lost a total of 35kg... thats just over 5 and a half stone for the imperialists around here :)

Needless to say, my self confidence is through the roof at the moment!
    hehe that's me. I know stones but nothing else. That's over half my total weight...I vary between 8 1/2 and 9 stones. hehe -feels light-
    Ahh you see... I'm still a big buggar.... nearly13.5 stone ;)

Being over 6 foot does that to you
    Walking nearly everwhere
    i cycle to work and back mon-fri, 2 hours of football on wednesdays, and 3x 1 hour workouts every week in my room consisting of 80 push ups, 60 pull ups, and 100 crunches, not bad considering i used to be a fat b'stard, been stable at around 12 stone for a while now.......it's the only thing that keeps me sane, and it's cheap and effective, i used to go student gym last year cos it was a bargain, but gyms round here are £40/month, fuck that.....
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i cycle to work and back mon-fri, 2 hours of football on wednesdays, and 3x 1 hour workouts every week in my room consisting of 80 push ups, 60 pull ups, and 100 crunches, not bad considering i used to be a fat b'stard, been stable at around 12 stone for a while now.......it's the only thing that keeps me sane, and it's cheap and effective, i used to go student gym last year cos it was a bargain, but gyms round here are £40/month, fuck that.....

I'm not critisizing you at all so don't get me wrong , but it takes you an hour to do 80 push-ups , 60 pull ups and 100 crunches ? Don't you do 80 push-ups in a row or do you take breaks ? Now 60 pull ups is pretty good considering 10 is what a very fit person can do without stopping so I assume you don't do 60 in a row ? Just curious . I've worked my way up to 100 push-ups without stopping and about 15 pull ups . 100 crunches is good if you do it every day . My advice for whatever it's worth , is you need variety , the body adapts to specific movements so you need to ad variety to train all your muscles .
    Walk to the takeaway :yeees:

I know I need to start exercising soon.
    I'm not critisizing you at all so don't get me wrong , but it takes you an hour to do 80 push-ups , 60 pull ups and 100 crunches ? Don't you do 80 push-ups in a row or do you take breaks ? Now 60 pull ups is pretty good considering 10 is what a very fit person can do without stopping so I assume you don't do 60 in a row ? Just curious . I've worked my way up to 100 push-ups without stopping and about 15 pull ups . 100 crunches is good if you do it every day . My advice for whatever it's worth , is you need variety , the body adapts to specific movements so you need to ad variety to train all your muscles .

lol, no not all at once, i do 2x10 pushups, 2x10 pullups, and 2x20 crunches, then i do that 3 times over, yeah it takes me an hour cos i do it slowly to make sure the form is good, with breaks etc, stretching in between, i used to just do pushups but like you say you need variety and i have definitely noticed the difference since i mixed it up a bit......
    hehe walking isn't excercise hun.
    yes it is :)
    i dont do much exercise apart from walking for 10 mins a day to the car park at work....
    Cycle or walk pretty much everywhere that's in walking or cycling distance.

I used to swim three mornings a week, but that's since gone out of the window. Must try and start that up again.
    isnt a good long shag liek going for a three mile run?
    MrG wrote:
    isnt a good long shag liek going for a three mile run?
    I believe it is.
    I dance and walk mainly I have been thinking about kickboxing or even playing netball again which was my best sport at school.
    Hmm like a bit of variety so 6 nights a week ride the horse, walk the dog everyday, then pilates/the gym/swimming/boxing at some point in the week.

I suppose when you read it like that i should be built like a bloody athlete but i'm not as it just makes up for the fact i drink too much to be healthy :D
    Ten Tors this Sunday
    Eat McDonalds and drink coca-cola.

It works for me :p
    Horse riding mainly, was going to go pole dancing with a mate as apparently that's a good form of exercise, but that'll have to wait until I'm not skint.

Occaisionally I feel motivated enough to go for a run around the moor but it usually rains. :yeees: