Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Last night's dream...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I was not sure where to post this, so I hope you don't mind me posting it here. Should it be under relationships?

Last night I had a dream about my boyfriend proposing to me, we then got married (all I can remember is gazing into his eyes and kissing him), it then moved on to our honeymoon and I was relaxing in a large bath with candles all round me and my boyfriend kissing my neck.

Its was strange as I did not wake up feelling scared or fecked out by it, which I thought would be my reaction. Instead I felt all warm inside. Does this mean that I am happy in my relationship, or was my mind just reacted to the fact that one of the last things I did last night was to reply to the "Your Ideal Honeymoon Destination" thread. Which really got me thinking about my ideal honeymoon.

Over the weekend we did speak a bit about our future, and my boyfriend mentioned that if he did ask me to marry him he was confident that I would say yes. That freked me a bit as although I really do love him. As when he mentioned marriage before, I remember him saying he did not see the point of getting engaged and then waited more then a year or two before getting married, which means once he pops the question we will have to start planning almost straight away.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Little_one wrote:
    As when he mentioned marriage before, I remember him saying he did not see the point of getting engaged and then waited more then a year or two before getting married, which means once he pops the question we will have to start planning almoststraight away.

Well you don't have to, it's not the law. In a relationship things ought to be discussed, negotiated and compromised.

As for the dream - I dream weird shit all the time. It doesn't necessarily mean much.
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that, because whilst I think it means something on a personal level as the brain processes the information you've taken in, I don't believe in universal meanings.
    Miffy wrote:
    Well you don't have to, it's not the law. In a relationship things ought to be discussed, negotiated and compromised.

I know I don't have to, we where just talking in the car one day and I mentioned that my brother was engaged once for about 5 years but they broke up. My boyfriend just mentioned that he did not see the pointin getting engaged unless you where going to get married within a couple of years. I can see his logic in thinking like that.

I believe it could have something to do with the fact that he is 27 and he is starting to think about his future, gettng married and having children. Whereas I'm only 21 and I moments when I worry about the future.
    In fact i got something on marriage here

and here

Thanks I'll have a look at them.
    Little_one wrote:
    I know I [don't] have to,

Well sorry if I took you too literally, but that was what you said in your original post.
    Sorry Miffy
    Miffy wrote:
    Well sorry if I took you too literally, but that was what you said in your original post.

I worded it badly, I was just trying to put a cross his point of view, but as we have talked about it on a number of occasions he has said that we will not worry about any of that (marriage etc...) until I have finished uni and have a job.
    I had this bizarre dream where I was in this robot transformer car like Kit from night rider, only this car flew. Man, it was sweet
    He is wise

Yes I would agree he is also mature and senseible too, which is great.
    I never remember my dreams :(
    I never remember my dreams :(

I don't always remember mine, which is strange.
    Well I saw my bf today, it was not planned I went in to central London to do some shopping, mainly his christmas presents. Lucky the presents I where small enought to fit in to my bag and he brought me lunch, as he had popped out of the office to look at dvds for a relative.

Well while we where sitting down he asked me if everything was ok as I had a thoughtful look on my face. So I told him about my dream and he replied that he has often thought about us getting married one day and having children. But that it was only a thought as I have to finish uni and get a job first. He said we'll take it one step at a time.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In fact i got something on marriage here

and here
    About a year ago, I dreamt not less than twice that I was engaged, and nothing like this ever happened. Seriously, you can't expect the same thing in the dream to mean the same to everyone. I believe each person is the only one who can interpret their dreams.
    I had a weird dream recently that I was pregnant (which would be a really bad thing for me just now), and woke up really upset to find that I'm not. (Really, it's a very good thing that I'm not). Dreams are strange.