Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Green Moldy Hair!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so here's the deal, I attampted to dye my hair blue. I have very very dark brown hair, it nearly looks black. I decided to bleach it first but I didn't do my research and ended up putting the blue hair dye on orang-y hair after not leaving the bleach inlong enough. The color was cool at first, turquoisy greenish blondish type thing but now its washed out quite a bit. The roots are orange/blonde while the rest of it is a streaky moldy looking green with blondish .... stuff. :no: I want to dye it black again here's my question, if I pick up any normal black dye, Loreal or something, will it cover the green/orange bleached hair? I don't want it to look crazier than it does. I'm just not happy with it, I'm looking to dye it today any suggestions or comments will be great!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a darker clour should cover all- I'd go for a really dark brown rather than black as it can look harsh. The darker colour will also make it looker healthier and more shiney. If you're worried about coverage- go for a dye that's designed for grey hair people...

good luck
    i would go to the hairdressers to have it sorted out. its all to do with what pigments are in your hair and in the dye, and which mix well together!
    i would go to the hairdressers to have it sorted out. its all to do with what pigments are in your hair and in the dye, and which mix well together!

I agree, they're the professionals and have a better understanding of what is needed

Hope you get it sorted!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Black will cover it, but it will also fade more quickly than normal and the colour will be more intense. If you want to tone down the green then use a black black, as it has purply-red pigment in it. If you put blue black in it will look more bluey than normal. Be careful if you decide to put a brown through it, it will probably come out more red than you expect.
    Thanks

hey everyone thanks for all of the good advice. I can't afford to go the hairdresser so I decided to dye my hair myself. I dyed it a blue blac and it looks pretty good. In parts the lighter color shows through a bit but overall it looks pretty good! :thumb:
    if yo ever have another issue like thhat, goo too a beauty supply store and ask them for help, but get something called a "lifter" and you put it in and it lifts the color out of your hair... It's helped me out more times that I would care to remember.