Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My tosies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I dont really know why I'm typing this, I don't really need any advice. Just some moral support I guess :p I went to the Dr. about my painful toes yesterday. I don't have corns or calluses or anything like that. Not even a little bit. I have simply a deformaty in the bones of my toes. They called it mallet toe. Gross. Its on the two smallest toes on both feet nonetheless. All the pain is caused simply because no matter what shoes I wear, my toes are so messed up that it just rubs the skin raw on them. It hurts so much. So very much. I can barely stand to go to the grocery store anymore as walking that much is too painful. The only solution is surgery. They will go in, cut a wedge out of each bone and cut the tendons in them also. He said more than likely I will need pins in them. That will keep me off my feet for 2 weeks to a month. (He was really leaning towards the month.) No walking, running, standing alot, driving. No driving!!!! No work, and not submersing my feet in water.

I am just shocked that something that would seem so simple would take so much out of my life. I'm not saying that I want this done, but I am in just constant pain. I would have to work out with work how I can be gone for so long as unless I sell my kidneys I will not be able to afford to just not go. Doing this would literally take that whole month away. He said walking to the restroom and such should be the only activity on my feet I shall get. Insane...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could always try thinking of it like that month being a small part of the time you would take of in the future due to pain if you wernt to have the opperation

sorry i know that wasnt much help :p
    Good thinking ;) I'm just scared. I've never had anything even minor done before. And I was not expecting something so minor seeming to take so much effort! And pins. :S
    If you're in that much pain constantly, what real choice do you have?! It sounds like it's crippling you.

I'm sure the actual op won't be half as bad as you think.

As to the month off work, I'm not sure what the answer is to that as I don't know how the system works over there.
    I could be a tree hugger and wear sandals all year, or wear cotton balls and bandaids on them :p I'm still scared, and still skeptical about the down time. I just wrote for like... moral support or something. Maybe somebody out there on here had this before... I dont know. I'm sure when it comes down to it I'll screw the doc's advice, come to work and just hobble around fucking up the help that they gave me :p
    my_name wrote:
    I just wrote for like... moral support or something. Maybe somebody out there on here had this before... I dont know. I'm sure when it comes down to it I'll screw the doc's advice, come to work and just hobble around fucking up the help that they gave me :p

It's only natural to not want to put yourself through pain, you wouldn't be quite normal if you did- but my point was you're already in pain! If I were you and I had the chance to get rid of that pain I know what I'd do. You'll be fine.

No chance you could work from home for a month? (I have no clue what you do, so don't even know if that's feasible).
    it is a month, it isn't that bad, I know it sounds awful though... While I was reading though, i thought you were going to say that they would have to amputate them though, and that would be REALLLLLLLLLY AWFUL, so think of the silver lining! :) good luck!