Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

chinese food in Birmingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
where else is good to go for all u can eat buffet chinese food besides big wok?

anyone?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is another one (can't remember where it is or what it's called - sorry, great help, aren't i?! :razz: ), it's a really big one, and it's next to a huge chinese supermarket. The other one I know of is a newly opened one at Star City, which is very good :D
    Ive only been to that Big wok to be fair...

What part of brum u from?? Im sure theres one by the ice rink in sheldon way just off the Cov road, il have a look next time I pass 4 ya...

Oooooh u made me want a chinese now :p
    Ooo, went to a really good one near Arcadian at the weekend. It was over the road from the front of arcadian and is a 'real' chinese restaurant... as in chinese people actually eat there!
    I have to agree that the one at star city is very good.
    i am Chinese. i heard that the taste of chinese food abroad is far different from at home. is it right?
    i am very proud of the food of my country-- Chinese food

HOMEPAGE :rolleyes:
    pinsher6 wrote:
    i am Chinese. i heard that the taste of chinese food abroad is far different from at home. is it right?
    i am very proud of the food of my country-- Chinese food

HOMEPAGE :rolleyes:
    Well I've never been to China, so can't say. However, one of my friends is Chinese she says that the Chinese food over here is very different to being in China.

why do you feel the need to post that link? :eek2:
    There is one next to Wing Yip chinese supermarket out nechells way, or further out of town there is a very good one called The Emerald (cantonese/chinese) which is excellent. Not quite sure where it is but its outskirts of Birmingham (probably a little south).
    This has made me want Chinese food now, I haven't had any in a while.

You can't beat a good Chinese meal.
    Chinese is the best!

he post's it after every post?

I do love chinese food, but i've really gone off the takeaways. As i love to say all the time (:p) chinese is best in the eat all you can style of things, with like 20 different starters and 20 different mains, not counting all the noodles and stuff, and then the sushi ( :yuck: ) and my favourite the bit where you pick the stuff cold out of the chiller and the bloke chops it up and cooks it infront of you.
    And to finish of the chocolate fountain Ahhh i really need to go eat chinese now. all for like £10 aswell.

Got a bit sidetracked there, ahem, but the resturant i go to apperently has one in Birmingham aswell, but according to my sources it's not as good ;( and besides the one in Burton is like a pirate ship so how can you compete!

http://www.wingwah.net/restaurant_contact.html

there you go anyway :p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Doesn't grasp the way a signature works.

And that was funny, it said "chinese food in Birmingham - beans"