Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dont know what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really dont know what to do or even how to explain this but ill give it a go.
I've been wiv my bf for about 9 months now and i love him very much. The problem is im ruining our relationship as im insecure an keep thinking he will leave me. I cause arguments for no reason and worry constantly and i no this is going to lead into us breaking up which i really dont want. I jus really dont no what to do

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey.
    how old are you?? from what i gather from your post you sound quite young - and if that's the case then maybe its time to move on?? sometimes young relationships have these problems+its all part of a learning curve.
    Can i ask, why do you think you're so worried about him leaving you?? have you been cheated on or left abruptly in the past??
    Have you tred sitting down with him, when you arent angry/upset and discussing this with him??
    have you tried talking to your bf about how you feel?
    sugar_mouse is right, sometimes if you've been hurt or abandoned in the past it can play havoc with any current or future relationship because you always feel like it will happen again.
    the bets thing to do is just to be as open as you can be with each other... that in itself will help you feel a lot more secure. :)
    you have to learn to trust and repect your parner, once you can do that and it's not easy to then your relationship should be fine. By trusting him then yu will believe the sweet things he says and by repecting him and yourself then you can help stop causing arguments over nothering.
    The only surefire way your relationship will end is if you carry on like this as I'm afraid he'll soon get fed up.I know its difficult and I myself often get these insecure feelings. Try to talk to him about how you feel and hopefully he'll be able to reassure you :)
    if you voice your thoughts, he is gonna leave you.... what is the worst thing that could happen? he would be losing YOU.... enjoy life as you live it!
    Dont worry poochie, im exactly the same as you and there have been times that paranoi and fear have got the better of me and ive been really depressed.

1)talk to someone else; someone who knows your boyfriend quite well is usually best because they will have some idea about what the other person feels. Just talk to them, ask them to be confidential about it and pour it all out. Forums are good but sometimes you just need one-on-one advice or agony-aunting
    2) think about what might reasssure you. For me it was being told by my girlfriend that she loved me more; i asked her to do that (seems strange and dependant i know but meh) but i didnt tell her what was geting to me at the time. If you dont feel you can talk to him about a big problem directly, try and fix the little things, it helped me no end.

Hope that helps, relax and other standard advice but the more you worry the less you enjoy the relationship you are in.