Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Home Alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone here live totally on their own?

if so do you like it or not?

There's normally 4 in our household but they've all gone on holiday so I have the place to myself for about 12 days :D

I'm quite enjoying it ATM... no waiting to use the bathroom, the water is always hot, can walk all around the house inthe middle of the night and not have to worry about waking anyone.

I'm going to experiment with some recipes without having anyone constantly making suggestions .. LOL :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    having the place to yourself is the best. I blast my music through the house and sing along as loud as I can whenever my family takes off. :yes:
    No but whenever I have a free house I always end up having parties and wrecking the place..not sure how i'll cope when I end up living on my own
    I'm thinking of renting one of those Rug Doctors too as well, normally it would be hard to give the house a good cleaning because of moving all the furniture but if everyone is away I can just put stuff on the beds until it all dries.

I asked about them ages ago on here but never got around to getting hold of one, anyone used one lately and if so, did it make much of a difference?
    Yay TheSite's Big Meet Up!

Diamonds Place, Free pass for next 11 days for those who bring loadsa beer! :D
    I'm thinking of renting one of those Rug Doctors too as well, normally it would be hard to give the house a good cleaning because of moving all the furniture but if everyone is away I can just put stuff on the beds until it all dries.

I asked about them ages ago on here but never got around to getting hold of one, anyone used one lately and if so, did it make much of a difference?
    I used one not that long ago and it was fab, Im quite sad and took before and after photos so I'll see if I can find them :p
    Here ya go..

Before

After
    Tis like magic!
    I've done it for extended periods, you can go a little wierd and have conversations with yourself.
    I'm very rarely home alone, but when I am it can be fun for a while, but eventually I end up getting very scared, especially at night.
    The best part is walking around starkers :D
    My dad works lates most of the time so he's never in, which is good for me seeing as we don't really get on, but i'm never really home alone at night or anything because my boyfriend just kinda stopped going back to his house over a year ago :p
    Anyone here live totally on their own?

if so do you like it or not?

i bet i'd f**king love it! :)
    but alas, no i don't live on my own.
    I used to live on my own. It was boring as hell. I shall never do it again. Eventually the gatherings grow old as does imagined freedom of doing it. Soon your vaccuuming and doing your own dishes. Waiting for somebody you know to get off work just even to come over and watch the simpsons so your not so fucking bored.
    I don't live on my own most of the time, but I'm on my own for about four weeks a year when my parents go on holiday. That said, I'm never normally completely on my own 'cos the dog's always here too! I hate being home alone, late at night and the dog will pick up on some tiny noise outside and want to go 'investigate' and I get scared it's someone outside! (even though we live in a, seemingly, safe little village and have never had any problems) I feel better if the dog isn't around and I have to keep an eye on her, full stop.

Bizzarely, I actually get tidied when I'm home alone. I do the washing up after every meal and always tidy the living room before I go to bed so it's nice for the morning when I get up. Only down side is usually I forget to eat. Not because I don't want to, I just usually kinda get busy doing something then realise it's 10pm and I haven't eaten! There's a lot to be said for having a meal put down in front of you every night!

Don't think I could do it for more than a week at a time tho!
    when i was at home in the summer my parents went away for 2 weeks and i hated it!!! i need company or else i get miserable and go crazy.

i have loads of housemates at uni so thats never a problem.
    I live on my own and I love it. No issues about walking round naked, no worries about making noise, just no worries.

And i can have company round as well if i wanted to.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think I should live alone, to get rid of my mum, but I absolutely can't... I can't cook, I couldn't get a house of my own, I don't know how to clean... Maybe I should learn some of this stuff.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    having the place to yourself is the best. I blast my music through the house and sing along as loud as I can whenever my family takes off. :yes:
    :yes: Word.