Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need advice on payment subject

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few weeks ago i handed in my notice in a job i had been in for one week ( i handed it in on the friday end of the first week ). Explained my reasons to the manager etc. He sat, listened and after i had finished talking he said " Any monies due to you will be paid on the 25th " ( The time when they usually get paid ). He didnt say otherwise, didnt even mention it, so it was an immediate end of work. I left that day and that was that.

On the 25th i checked the bank, I had not been paid.

I've had a look on ACAS but i dont see an answer to my specific question so i am asking here for advice. I dont know how the law works and what working rules / laws or directives therare that say about this so any and all constructive info would be appreciated and welcome.

Basically I want to know if i am entitled to be paid for that week i worked, given that i handed in my notice and the manager didnt say anything about me having to work any notice period or such like. The ACAS site suggests info assuming you are there for more than a month whereas i wasnt so it kind of doesnt apply to my situation. I worked 35hrs that week and the money would be very welcome.

I've had a situation like this in the past except that it wasnt a case of handing in any notice. I was on trial for a full day at a sports shop a few years ago, at the end of the shift I was asked whether or not i wanted to accept the job, i just said no, which was fine but i had to wait over 3 months just to be paid.

Comments

• Options
    Have you contacted your manager to find out why you haven't been paid yet? It might be a simple error that can be sorted over a short telephone conversation.
  • Options
    You are entitled to be paid.

Contact your workplace at first instance, and then ring ACAS if that doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies