Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

O2 Free minutes and Text

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I joined O2 last week on 22nd Nov, I'm trying to work out how many free minutes I have this month (i.e. november)

I'm supposed to get 200 free minutes and 100 free SMS per month but for the first 3 months both of those are doubled.

I've attached a screen print - does this month mean Nov (i.e. 2 days left) or until 22nd Dec?

It's my first time with O2 - it will probabaly make more sense after next month's bill but I need to make a lot of phone calls and SMS everyone in my phonebook to let them my new number.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i cant make any sense out of that!

im on o2 and when i first got my contract my 'month' started when i got my phone on the 16th, so at a guess id say you probably have them all starting the 22nd, then your month will finish on the 21st of december! i could be wrong, sorry if thst didnt help much!
    It looks as though you have 3hrs-20mins talk time and 52 msg's... But I'm not sure when that starts though. Maybe phone o2 and check it out.
    Why don't you call the customer service and ask? I'm sure they can attempt to explain it to you.
    my_name wrote:
    Why don't you call the customer service and ask? I'm sure they can attempt to explain it to you.

Don't you hate o2 but! Everytime I phone they put me through to someone who 'JUST' about speaks english... :mad: 3 mobile is the worst company ever! :rolleyes:
    its until when u took your contract out. Like I started mine on the 16th. If you go to check my bill it'll say what date yours starts again.
    I get an english person all the time, u must be ringing a different number to me.
    You know what, out of all the customer service people I've called and talked to, I've never hand any non english speaking ones. I do occasionally get the ghetto from like Georgia or somewhere, yall, chicks and thats like a whole nother language though.
    It'll be a month from when you started, like Basic Instinct said. Like with mine, I get 300 texts, and either 150 or 300 minutes (depending on when I top up), I first topped up on the 9th of a month, so every 9th of the month I get my new batch of free texts etc.

I used to have one on the 31st of the month, that made things kinda complicated, cause I never knew when I was gonna get my messages ;(.
    :mad: 3 mobile is the worst company ever! :rolleyes:

No we're not. Stop moaning.
    1983 wrote:
    No we're not. Stop moaning.

It always worries me when people use the word "We" about the company they work for.

same thing happens when they talk about the football team they support, "we scored a great goal the other week" .. no you didn't you sat in the pub whilst the guys getting paid £20,000 a week scored the goal .. :blush:

Three does have some seriously ugly looking phones though the size of bricks . I remember when the battery life on them was so bad they used to supply the phones with 2 batteries.
    It always worries me when people use the word "We" about the company they work for.

Well they pay me £15K a year, I can't really say a bad thing bout them. :D
    Three does have some seriously ugly looking phones though the size of bricks . I remember when the battery life on them was so bad they used to supply the phones with 2 batteries.

We've only been marketing for like 2 and a bit years. Plus we were the first network to enable video calling, so FNAR.

Those handsets are ancient, therefore we don't proactively show them off anymore. The only time you can get them is from e2save.com or someone offering free line rental for 473892879 months. This is because 3rd party dealers will lick 3 Mobile's arse to get £700 commission upon every new connection they get.

We just launched the N70 a month ago, and we brought out the LG U880 and the Motorola V3x will be out before xmas as will the Nokia 6280 and Samsung Z500, we're gonna be bringing out the N91 too. Wooha. All exciting fantastical stuff. :D
    I've never heard anybody with such a minimum job thats so excited about the company they work for :p
    my_name wrote:
    I've never heard anybody with such a minimum job thats so excited about the company they work for :p

I work in the retentions department, which deals with customers who want to cancel. I have to up the company and all that jazz. :razz:
    Someone who likes their job. If only I could be like you ;) Do you get the optertunity to be a bitch when customers are bitchy to you? That was always my favorite part when I delt with people.
    Of course, because it takes forever and a day to come through to the Glasgow call centre, they get really ratty. As a result if they start with the attitude I threaten to terminate the call and they'd have to waste another half hour trying to get through to my department again. Mwuahah.
    ha ha thats awsome. :thumb: