Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is it bad for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want 2 postpone my period i am taking the pill and i know that if i take one packet after the other without the normall seven day break thn i wont get it but im just wondering if its actually bad for you to do this more then once in a row?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends what pill you are on I think. I am on Loestrin 30 (I think thats what it is called) and my doctor told me that it was fine to take them without a break, but most women like to take a break. I would check with your doctor or nurse and just find out if that type of pill is ok to not have a break, also you could read the advice notes that come with the pack it might say on there.
    It can cause you to have funny bleeding, and is generally not recommended.

Why did you want to do that?
    If you're desperate to not have periods then maybe you should try the contraceptive injection. It doesn't work for all women, and some have irregular bleeding, or bleeding throughout the month, but generally it causes periods to stop completely.

It's not a good idea if you plan to get pregnant any time soon though, as it can mess up fertility. Maybe it's something you should check out? It's probably safer than taking your pill constantly - the pill's designed to have breaks.
    im on microgynon 30 and the doctor said it was ok for me to take up to 3 packs in a row then have my 1 week break like normal without it causing me any problems.

You can sometimes get some break through bleeding depending on how your body reacts altho i found i was fine doing it that way!

Speak to your nurse if you're worried!