Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

friggin tramadol!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've had to many of the things today.
bashed my shoulder on friday and it's giving me grief ...hence the tramadol.
spaced out on them ...can't sleep ...bit sicky feeling.
some people actualy like taking these things for the buzz ...why?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how many did you take ?

they felt a bit buzzy at the start and mixed well with drink when i took them

ok for a change i suppose
    z01 wrote:
    how many did you take ?

they felt a bit buzzy at the start and mixed well with drink when i took them

ok for a change i suppose
    lost count ...and i just got back out of bed again ...i can't get no sleep!
    They are wierd arent they, I've only had them a couple of times, they made my stomach grumble and feel upset.

Voltarol is better especially when mixed with codiene, it will get rid of pain really quickly and allow you to sleep.
    They feel shite unless combined with codiene and are ok with alcohol I take them nearly every day.... 350mg codiene and a couple of 100mg of tramadol and a few benzos and a nice smoke ahhh heaven out of it nodding off and dreaming whilst awake!

300mg and 150mg tramadol is a nice dose for a relaxed state and quite good in the way of pain relief. In my opinion codiene is far superior to tram for pain relief and narcotic effect, trams dont hardly do shit for pain no matter how many you take and make you too spacey.

Basically tram on its own- no go, mixed with alcohol benzos and other opiates- very nice. Although anyone considering this should proceed with extreme caution because the CNS depression can become a problem. I was conscious the other day but my breathing was shallow as hell and my lips went blue. Best advise to anyone nodding to heavily is get up and move about and you'll be right!

Fuck me I'm blabbering still of my head from weekend celebrating my birthday taken loads of shit....E's,Coke,Tramadol,Codiene,Nitrazepam,Seroquel, lots of beer!!
    350mg of codiene is a big dose by itself, let alone mixed with alcohol and benzo's, consider your recent experience a warning.
    Diclofenac will give you stomach ulcers and codeine will bung you up.

Have you guys tried Reiki crystal healing for your pain?
    Kentish wrote:
    Have you guys tried Reiki crystal healing for your pain?

Sorry? I think I'd rather entrust my pain relief to a handful of wierd sounding chemicals than some crystals.

Does it work?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Does it work?
    :lol: Of course not.
    Kentish wrote:
    :lol: Of course not.

I dont know, the mind works in wierd ways, if you believed it was going to work it may well do.
    Likewise homeopathy, acupuncture, aromatherapy et al. None of them better than placebo.

Tramadol is good but potentially addictive. Much better doing something about the chronicity with physio and specific exercises.
    Kentish wrote:
    Likewise homeopathy, acupuncture, aromatherapy et al. None of them better than placebo.

Ah no! Aromatherapy was seen to be as effective as mild sedatives in older people, I'll find the link.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    And AFAIK acupuncture is an evidenced and regulated form of treatment...
    Kentish wrote:

Not true for acupuncture. There was recently a double blind study that seemed to prove its efficacy.