Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

still have this cough

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
going on 3 weeks now, its currently at the wheezy stage, where it sends me into massive coughing fits that make me feel like im heaving and my throats closing in
im taking daily muilti vitamins and this stuff for my red blood cells, feroglobin or something and cough medicine which is vile - it works for a while but not for long.
My stomache is starting to hurt because these coughing fits can get so violent. I'm hoping because its been nearly 3 weeks it'll go soon....but does anyone know anything to speed it up? I've got mock gcses starting next week and this cold weather isn't helping. :(

Comments

• Options
    take some pine oil, liquorice and honey.
    - an old and proven recipie. ;)
  • Options
    a steamy shower does wonders for a cough - eases dry ones and loosens up chesty ones.

my grandma also used to swear by lemon tea with a good dollop of honey in, and she lived to be 84, so she must have been doing something right.
  • Options
    Do you have asthma?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    going on 3 weeks now, its currently at the wheezy stage, where it sends me into massive coughing fits that make me feel like im heaving and my throats closing in
    im taking daily muilti vitamins and this stuff for my red blood cells, feroglobin or something and cough medicine which is vile - it works for a while but not for long.
    My stomache is starting to hurt because these coughing fits can get so violent. I'm hoping because its been nearly 3 weeks it'll go soon....but does anyone know anything to speed it up? I've got mock gcses starting next week and this cold weather isn't helping. :(

Are you coughing cos of excess phlegm?

That's what I had for last 4 weeks - mine's one just gone away.

I found Hepar Sulph. helped a lot, almost instant relief

http://www.boots.com/atp/nav_atpfaq.jsp?contentId=1831#5
  • Options
    no i dont have astma

yeah i think its excess plegm - nice.....thanks for the replies, just its really irritating me and if i talk for too long i have a coughing fit and it feels like i cant breathe and it kills my stomach