Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Motorola Phones - Texting Issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a Motorola V600 about 6-8months ago, and a fortnight ago it decided it wouldn't send any text messages for roughly a day. Then on Tuesday it wouldn't send any message, just said "sending in progress" every time I checked the status, and is still like that. Having checked the Help section on the Tesco Mobile website, it appears that it wasn't their fault. So I've just sent a query to Motorola asking what to do about it. Of course, just after I'd sent the query the phone decided to send both messages left in the outbox, but that doesn't excuse the fact it didn't work for 3 days. Reception isn't the problem, the phone still has an arial, I haven't dropped it much, it certainly isn't broken etc etc. Oh and the charger doesn't fit brilliantly, neither does the back cover, but that's something else entirely. I could still make calls and receive them and text messages, I just couldn't send messages of any description.

A couple of my mates (all of us are on different networks) have had this happen to them, just wondering whether it's a wide spread problem?

Comments

• Options
    I've got a v620 and i think that is like a v600 but just takes videos, correct me if i'm wrong? This happens sometimes, but what i normally i do is go the the message and then on to status and just press resend and this normally works, and sends it quicker than if it is in a que in the out box ready to send. I think it is mainly down to the netowkr though.

Motorolas are wank, i would get a new one but i've only had this one 9 months so seems a bit of a waste.
  • Options
    I currently have a motorola v500, iv always had nokias but fancied a change. Iv hated it ever since i got it, total crap in my opinion.
  • Options
    i have a black motorola razar and its absolute crap. The battery life on it could be better, amoungst other things. I've also had a few problems sending messages from it. It'll say sending message then about 10 minutes later it will confirm that the message has sent. I don't think its the network (02) cos i've been with them for years and never had any problems like that with the siemens phone that i had before. In a word, motorola equals crap!!
  • Options
    I have the motorola A1000 - no problems here no.

Yet I know how it is when you are ready to complain, and then, just like that, the problem solves - it's a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    i have a motorola at the moment...
    it works fine for me.. took me a while to get used to it because ive always had nokias..
    it did muck up a few days but that was my networks fault.. because it had crashed.. and wouldnt let me send messages...

if it is messages and stuff.. wouldnt that be the network and not the mobile phone makers?