Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inquiry into Ian Blair's handling of De Menezes killing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4478188.stm

Not that I expect much to happen to a protegee of the PM, but still welcome news.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yay!!! Another precedent setting whitewash from our masters.

Great!

I must remember to pay my taxes on time so they can buy a brush and bucket. :rolleyes:
    TBH the whole thing was worsned by him coming out with things which he either knew to be false or at best was just guessing at. Isn't there the old saying about better to keep quiet and thought stupid, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    His "handling" is less important than the facts of what happened and why. Another public inquiry answering questions we don't want answered.
    Kentish wrote:
    His "handling" is less important than the facts of what happened and why. Another public inquiry answering questions we don't want answered.

There not mutually exclusive. His handling seemed to suggest a police cover up - now personally I think it was icompetence rather than conspiracy, but he still mislead the public when it might have been better all round to either say nothing or hold up his hands straight away and say 'it looks like we've made a fuck-up'
    NQA wrote:
    There not mutually exclusive. His handling seemed to suggest a police cover up - now personally I think it was icompetence rather than conspiracy, but he still mislead the public when it might have been better all round to either say nothing or hold up his hands straight away and say 'it looks like we've made a fuck-up'
    What would that have done to morale? I think he had no choice, call it incompetence if you will.

The debate we need to have is whether a shoot to kill policy can be justified after this high profile disaster.
    Kentish wrote:
    Another public inquiry answering questions we don't want answered.

No, questions Mr Blair and the killer coppers don't want answered.

The rest of us would quite like to know which incompetent morons it is that could kill us in cold blood next week.

Any impropriety and there should be significant criminal convictions for murder, manslaughter and conspiracy.
    Kermit wrote:
    The rest of us would quite like to know which incompetent morons it is that could kill us in cold blood next week.

..but that isn't the question being asked here, is it?

The question here is about the cover-up in the 48-hours after the shooting....
    I wonder if they'll look in to the dumdum bullets allegations.
    I wonder if they'll look in to the dumdum bullets allegations.
    They aren't allegations, it's fact. What's your problem with hollow point ammunition?