Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

strippers!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kathryn wrote:
    eh? :S

What I mean is that strip clubs don't employ supermodels. Most of the girls are just ordinary girls, with an attractiveness level probably similar to your own. You can't assume that these girls are going to be necessarily 'much more attractive' than you.
  • Options
    I wouldn't overly mind to the point of saying he couldn't go or trying to convince him not go but I can't pretend that I would be over the moon about it and encourage him. I trust him but it doesn't mean I have to like him watching naked girls dancing around. Would be the same the other way round as well, if I went to watch male strippers there wouldn't be any big drama about it but he would certainly prefer it if I didn't.
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    eh? :S

think what they were trying to say was that half of the time these girls are dog ugly.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    My sister doesn't find it boring. Infact she loves it, and so do the rest of here work mates apparently.
    So?
    I wasn't saying anything about your sister or even generalising about all strippers: this was one particular case, and just the impression my boyfriend got. Those girls might just have been working in a really crumby job or he misread them - maybe they were loving it, who knows?

Anyway, that was besides the point. I was just pointing out that individual lap dances aren't necessarily everyone's cup of tea to calm down some of the paranoid girlies replying to this thread. My boyfriend had the opportunity to have a good few lap dances and knew I wouldn't be funny about it (after all, it was a stag night, and God, he's managed to put up with me for 4.5 years, so I'm sure he's allowed the occasional bit of other eye candy!) but chose not to because he didn't find it particularly erotic.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Meryn wrote:
    So?
    I wasn't generalising about all strippers: this was one particular case, and just the impression my boyfriend got.

How did he get an impression from imagining...
    Meryn wrote:
    having a girl who was clearly bored out of her skull gyrating over him.

???
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

No you can't.

Being in regards to not being able to see it all of the strippers...

What kind of laws do you have there? How much are they allowed to show?
  • Options
    Don't think I'd be bothered. He knows full well what I'd do to him if he cheated on me, stripper or not. ;) heehee. Nah, I'm a nice girlfriend really....
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What kind of laws do you have there? How much are they allowed to show?

The lot.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Nope, i wouldnt mind at all, not like he's going to a brothel or anything
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The lot.

Well you just stated that you could not see everything.
    you can see just about anything you want
    No you can't

Then what did you mean?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Well you just stated that you could not see everything.

Then what did you mean?

Could be my bad, but this....
    what goes on in these places, you can see just about anything you want

...led me to believe she was talking about other shit than just undressing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Could be my bad, but this....

...led me to believe she was talking about other shit than just undressing.

Oh I understand now! Sorry bout that. I was all confused.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    How did he get an impression from imagining...

???

Oh Lordy, does this really need spelling out? He just thought the girls in the club looked bored and didn't think having a private dance with them would float his boat. Why so offended? Is it just that the idea that someone might not go for lapdancing (or even just didn't fancy it on that occasion) is so alien to you? Different strokes for different folks and all that.

And I know that he didn't go for the lap dance because others at the stag night confirmed it (including to a friend who wanted all the details, who then quizzed Dunc as to why he didn't, and I think was a bit jealous because her boyfriend had had about 5 dances and I s'pose wanted to know if it was out of consideration for me, so she could then wallow in self-pity that her bf hadn't done the same). It wouldn't have been any great secret if he had.
  • Options
    Meryn wrote:
    Oh Lordy, does this really need spelling out?

I think it's quite obvious you first statement was unclear and could have been taken two different ways, so yes I suppose it did.
    Meryn wrote:
    Is it just that the idea that someone might not go for lapdancing (or even just didn't fancy it on that occasion) is so alien to you?

Where the fuck are you getting that from? :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I think it's quite obvious you first statement was unclear and could have been taken two different ways, so yes I suppose it did.

Erm sorry, I thought I'd cleared up any misunderstandings about generalisations in my previous message...no unclarity intended
    Skive wrote:
    Where the fuck are you getting that from? :rolleyes:

You just seemed to be quite cynical or put out at the thought he didn't want a lap dance.

Oh dear, crossed wires all round :o
  • Options
    Ok. Sorted. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    id feel very insecure getting naked or having sex knowing hed recently seen a much more attractive girl naked.

This seems to be your underlying worry. What makes you thihnk they'd be more attractive than you? Strippers come in all ages shapes and sizes you know! And even if they were (in whoever's eyes) more attractive than you-= it's you he came home to so that's security and a compl;iment surely?
  • Options
    I dont think its a big deal!

I'd trust him, and i'd also think he was very lucky if he got anything more than a strip lol
    I'd expect him to be jealous if i went to see a stripper though, but at the end of the day he's comin bk to bed with you.
    No need to worry !
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    My point is these girls are perfect, they have to look amazing to be employed, they have to have a sex appeal, a confidence to get totally naked and put their most private parts in your face.

I think, and not just from this quote, that one of the implications resulting in how you feel is due to the fact that you've never been to a strip club yourself. I know for a fact you'd feel different in some way if you had actually been, either for better or worse depending on which one you visit.

My ex-partner went to one and I didn't know about it, I found out he had had a dance and I was absolutely devastated because I felt about strippers the same way you do (ie. they're all so much better looking than me etc etc), and the only strip club I had been in at the time was quite seedy and so I had awful vision of this skinny girl thrusting her pussy in his face and him giving her money to do that.

But Im actually a dancer now, I've been dancing for a long time and by no means am I perfect! And I dance in quite an up market club and I really enjoy it. I dont shove my fanny in anyone's face, yes i get naked but it's not particularly explicit, you're only actually naked for the last 30 seconds of the songs anyway, and that's when you do the moves that dont involve you opening your legs etc. (if you've got on dignity about you anyway! all the girls at my place do that because thats the rules - it's a nice place, but if you go to some back street go go bar you probably will get pussy in your face).

But if it's that much of a concern I really would go down. Why dont you go as a couple? we have loads of couples, and even girls on their own come down to our place, mainly just to see what it's like. In fact my regular at the minute is a woman. It may put your mind at rest and make you feel a lot more comfortable with yourself. Cuz believe me, we're not perfect!