Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need Money!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey it's getting close to Christmas and I need a little extra cash to buy presents. Do you know of any quick jobs that I don't need to be trained or pay for things that I could do? I mostly would like to be a paid editor or typist, but anything that could get me some money would be helpful. So if you know of any sites or have any ideas please tell me. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance. ~jess

Comments

• Options
    jessica13 wrote:
    Hey it's getting close to Christmas and I need a little extra cash to buy presents. Do you know of any quick jobs that I don't need to be trained or pay for things that I could do? I mostly would like to be a paid editor or typist, but anything that could get me some money would be helpful. So if you know of any sites or have any ideas please tell me. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance. ~jess

Well I could have a job for you and could pocket you 25quid... The only thing is you will get hairs in your mouth and a sticky face at the end of it. :hyper: :p

Edited to say this was suppose to be a joke... Not something for thesite pruners to cry about! ;)
  • Options
    i don't think she meant sexual favours. :p

a bit of dodgy cash in hand bar/waitressing work?
  • Options
    guest666 wrote:
    Well I could have a job for you and could pocket you 25quid... The only thing is you will get hairs in your mouth and a sticky face at the end of it. :hyper: :p

You are actually vile.

If all else fails you could use ebay and sell some of your junk to make a bob or two.
  • Options
    Yeah why not get a bar job ... often paid weekly even if not cash in hand
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    I swear he's been banned like a zillion times.

Believe it or not i've only been banned once and even that was on another user name! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    why the need for the :rolleyes:? she was right, you were still banned.
  • Options
    zillion times.

she was just a tad far out. :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    I am currently working to get 100 quid for christmas presents. Just note that I got this thanks to sources. :rolleyes:

I'm blank except applying for small jobs or cutting your neighbour's lawn.
  • Options
    I was in same situation last yr. Last min i got a job in a bar. paid cash in hand plus tips n free drinks! i worked from mid dec -jan. best nite was on 23rd dec last yr n made £60 for one nights work! well worth it! :D
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    I swear he's been banned like a zillion times.

No, only once.

Mind, he'd know about getting dodgy money. Found ten grand in a suitcase in a field, dontchaknow.

As for getting a temp job, try the Royal Mail or a shop. RM are quite good for making quick brainless money.
  • Options
    Shops are dying for christmas temps. One inductiond day and you're thrown in at the deep end. Of course if you are a full time temp you will make a few quid depending on the store.

Either that or bar work is the next option

After that I guess you'll just have to go with *MadinthenuT*'s offer :razz:
  • Options
    I'm just curious as to what uni students do over xmas when theyre not living at uni? It's hard to get a temp job when ure only home for 3 weeks :(
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I'm just curious as to what uni students do over xmas when theyre not living at uni? It's hard to get a temp job when ure only home for 3 weeks :(

I relax, chill out and spend time with my family. Except my Christmas vacation is about 6 weeks or so long, so I have a bit more time.
  • Options
    you can have my job if you want
  • Options
    I relax, chill out and spend time with my family. Except my Christmas vacation is about 6 weeks or so long, so I have a bit more time.

well ok :D But that = like 0 money for presents for ppl if ure loan has gone =P

I will probably be doing the same though :razz:
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    well ok :D But that = like 0 money for presents for ppl if ure loan has gone =P

I will probably be doing the same though :razz:

But I start my present buying early, so I have enough of my loan left :p

Last year I worked in term-time too, which helped, but this year I am a lady of leisure.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:

i still have my job back home and come back every weekend so my job's still there during the hols. but you should really have too much uni work to do do think about having a job. :p
  • Options
    what bars pay cash in hand then, let u have free drinks and the customers give loads of tips?

I worked ina pub in a city and got paid monthly in bankc account, we got stopped from having free drinks and the customers never tpped!
  • Options
    i still have my job back home and come back every weekend so my job's still there during the hols. but you should really have too much uni work to do do think about having a job. :p

oh no....holidays are work free :D - new modules :P

I have also yet to buy any of the books they have recommended so theres a bit of extra money there =p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Mind, he'd know about getting dodgy money. Found ten grand in a suitcase in a field, dontchaknow.
    QUOTE]

32 grand I think you'll find. :yes:

Oh and cheers for bringing that one up. Brings me back to the good old days! :lol:
  • Options
    the pack horse eh???

hmmmm!!!

mind you I didnt like bar work that much when I did it. Oh well, maybe in emergencies. Weekly you say??? hmmmm!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

:yes: I remember that, must've been a while ago!

Tried temporary work at supermarkets?