Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Police Name PC Murderers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Options
    I blame the giant lizard aliens.

alien2.jpg
  • Options
    rofl!!

okkk
  • Options
    Can't say I'm too surprised at the background of the killers.

I also can't say I'm too surprised that the police ignored warnings about the gang.
  • Options
    I can't say I'm too surprised that Born Slippy is making a veiled racist comment.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry, who acknowledges that exactly? Apart from racists like yourself of course.

Oh and "harmless unarmed bobby"? Tell that to Jean Charles de Menezes' family.

P.S.
    What is "British culture"? and how does one "dilute" it?
  • Options
    ---
  • Options
    The "harmless unarmed bobby" remark was a reference to past times.

Aaaaah, like Dixon of Dock Green. Got ya. You have a fictionalised view of the past.
    I hate how the police have been liberalised

Don't use words you don't understand.
    and transformed into officers of the state.

The police have always been "officers of the state".
  • Options
    ---
  • Options
    Errr...no. You're wrong.
  • Options
    What was Robert Peel's job when he established the police force? What did the Metropolitan Police Act do?
  • Options
    Hmm the "Britain" became a "state" in 1941. Until then it was a monarchy, not a nation state. Which means that police can add clairvoyancy to their list of acievements.
  • Options
    Errrmmm...yeah klintock. You have a bizarre view of history too.
  • Options
    Not legal history I don't.

Act of union creating the united kingdom was in 1707, last amended in 1941 to change the nature of the kingdom into a nation state.
  • Options
    Afaik, you're dead wrong.
  • Options
    Well, I might have been lied to, I got the information from the government in correspondence. Not the most truthful people are they?
  • Options
    Who is to blame for this wretched episode, Yusuf Jama, Mustaf Jama and Muzzaker Shah, or the scum who ordained this mass revulsion?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4470286.stm
    Would you have made this thread if they were white?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Aaaaah, like Dixon of Dock Green. Got ya. You have a fictionalised view of the past.

And in the film which Dixon's first appeared he was shot dead by Dirk Bogarde.
  • Options
    Would you have made this thread if they were white?

Of course not.

No mention of the last armed robbery in a Bradford travel agents, which was performed by two white men from Buttershaw estate.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Well, I might have been lied to, I got the information from the government in correspondence. Not the most truthful people are they?

Aaaah, an uncheckable source. How convenient. There's no reference on the net or in any history books.
  • Options
    Apologies, I was quite wrong. It was later than I thought it was.

1949, in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_subject#Loss_of_British_subject_status
    Between 1947 and 1951 each of the various existing members of the Commonwealth of Nations created its own national citizenship (the Irish Free State had done so in 1935, but that country left the Commonwealth in 1949). In 1948, the United Kingdom parliament passed the British Nationality Act 1948, which came into effect on 1 January 1949 and introduced the concept of "Citizenship of the UK & Colonies"

Before then everyone's legal status was that of a "subject", that is within the feudal system, a person who owes a duty of allegience in exchange for protection from the monarch or his/her agents.

After that almost everyone's legal status became more or less the same, except the allegience was to the "state" instead. Isn't law fun?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Before then everyone's legal status was that of a "subject", that is within the feudal system, a person who owes a duty of allegience in exchange for protection from the monarch or his/her agents.

God I thought that shit died out in the late medieval years.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Apologies, I was quite wrong. It was later than I thought it was.

1949, in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_subject#Loss_of_British_subject_status

After that almost everyone's legal status became more or less the same, except the allegience was to the "state" instead. Isn't law fun?

Although of course, what you are now claiming is completely different to what you originally claimed and has nothign at all to do with Britain being a nation state. You're a fraud and a liar klintock.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    God I thought that shit died out in the late medieval years.

It actually means nothing at all. Klintock is talking out of his arse as usual.
  • Options
    Although of course, what you are now claiming is completely different to what you originally claimed and has nothign at all to do with Britain being a nation state.

I got the date wrong. That is all. Even the "state" itself doesn't claim to be a "nation state", it's a state made up of several nations. The link between the nations was that the monarch was the same for all of them.
    You're a fraud and a liar klintock.

Well, naturally. You missed charlatan, too. Of course I could be the greatest liar that ever lived, my statements are either true or false on their own merits. Logic really isn't your strong point. In this case, the statement is true.

It was a monarchy, now it's a state. A state (in law) is a body politic made up of citizens that owe allegience to the state in exchange for protection. A monarchy is exactly the same but the allegience is owed to just one person, the monarch.

In both cases, it's a contractual relationship. As the"state" isn't doing it's side of things i.e. protecting anybody then there is no relationship, hence no citizens or state.

http://alt-usage-english.org/whatistheuk.html
    There is no satisfactory noun for "British person", either. "Briton" is too formal, "Brit" too informal, and "Britisher" just foreign. All are best avoided. The term "British subject", in its original sense, is obsolete. It used to mean anyone who owed allegiance to the British sovereign, and therefore included citizens of independent Commonwealth countries as well as the UK. The modern equivalent is "Commonwealth citizen". "British subject" is now used as shorthand for a Commonwealth citizen who is not a citizen of any country. Such a person, who would otherwise be entirely stateless, is entitled to a passport issued by the British government.
    There was no separate UK citizenship until 1948, when the term "citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies" was used. Since 1981 it has been "British citizen" (the first use of the term "British" in this context). "UK national" is a technical term of EU law with a slightly different meaning (see 8 above).